Dynamic duo!

DemonWithin

Looking for two builds that a friend and I can run as a duo.  Starting from zero to incarnate.  Would like to be abe to do all content and take down avs.  Would also like to avoid the straight damage dealer and healer combo as I think it might get boring.  Would like the pair to compliment each other and cover buff debuff.    I was thinking maybe illusion/rad and possibly a widow.  Should I be considering a defender since they get damage buffs in small teams?  Possibly one with a nice -res power?  Or corruptor?  Any thoughts?  We would probably plan out the builds and buy the proper ATO enhancements and/or procs and slot as we go so that we would be as bad ass as possible from the get go.  

Edited by DemonWithin

Mr.Coyote and I have had a great time with a matched pair of Illusion/Time Controllers of all things. We joke that they're what "Limitless Radial Freem" looks like. XD 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I've been duoing in a fire/fire brute ice/ice corr combo, and it's been excellent.  The corr is great for taking down AVs, and it really feels like playing two damage dealers rather than damage and support.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I suggest not grabbing 2 from this list:
Controller

Tanker

You can have 1 of these.  but if you have 2x of them, or 1 of each, it will go very slow.  I understand 2x Controller duos can become very cool later on... but these combos suck until... like 40?  Maybe as low as 32?

When you're duoing, you're in it for the long-haul, so I suggest things that are fun early on.  Duos I've enjoyed:

Blapper + any AT with a Support set (I think controller would be best)

Tanker + blaster/stalker with someone running Leadership

Tanker/Brute + Corruptor

I keep wanting to run a Dominator in a duo or trio, but I always end up dead weight.

My friend and I run a proper homage duo, though with some twists. Mine is a STJ/Ninja stalker, and my sidekick is a dual pistol, martial blaster. He built in stealth early so we can ghost together. I bring the instant boss killing, he brings the aoe nuking of mins and LTs. We as a twosome at level did synapse as soon as we hit paragon from praeoria, moonfire, citadel, and manti, though Manti was abit rough but we maanged.

Now at cap we easily and often do various TFs as a duo. we usually run at x8 for funs. Im not saying rip us off, but honestly a stalker, plus a 2nd stealthy partner can usually take on almost everything the game can throw at them in general content. We bring soft CC via cc procs in attacks, and temp powers like stun grenades from our utility belts;) to help manage nastier factions big groups.