Incarnate Powers - Lore and Judgement rework

krj12

The majority of incarnate powers do something like boost certain stats - like endurance usage or recharge, or provide something like damage resist procs, which are useful to

almost any archtype.

I do have an issue with Lore and Judgement, since they go against the grain of what most archtypes were meant to be.

A tank shouldn't have a ranged nuke - that is the province of ranged dps

Likewise, a scrapper shouldn't have a pet - that should belong solely to archtypes like MMs or Controllers.

My suggestion is to have archtype specific powers.   Examples:

Major Defense Boost to a specific damage type - useful for tanks or melee to fill in that one weakness.

Major Resistance Boost to a specific damage type - ditto

Increased Aggro Cap - very specific and useful to the tank archtype

Global Increased Range - for ranged dps

If this is too difficult to  implement, maybe something generic everyone could use, like:

-  Resistance to blindness

-  Resistance to being endurance sapped

-  Lowered or removed travel suppression

-  Regenerative ablative shield

Just a few ideas, but I think it would be good for the game to return the archtypes to what they were originally intended to be, instead of

spreading powers around to everyone.

Yeah nope. Your talking a total change up, one that would undermine builds that had been made taking into account those powers. Your totally forsaking the Cottage Rule.

Many ATs can get a pet via the epic villain pools. My best snipe user is a scrapper for that very reason. So its clear that going against the grain and outside of the box is very much part of the games unique nature.

But lets be honest what this is really about is people hating how fast full teams of incarnates can clear non incarnate content using the 2 specific powers your QQing about here. I know an aweful lot of people who main low DPS toons that consider both of the above essential ways to bring up their average solo clear speeds to a not mind numbing pace.

Judgement is generic, even blasters can use a 2nd nuke. Pets are generic, and considering how much more often people ask for more lore pet options, taking them away seems an idea ignorant of what many actually enjoy.

• Haha 1

Agreed..bad, bad idea.

2 hours ago, krj12 said:

Major Defense Boost to a specific damage type - useful for tanks or melee to fill in that one weakness.

Major Resistance Boost to a specific damage type - ditto

Increased Aggro Cap - very specific and useful to the tank archtype

Global Increased Range - for ranged dps

Giving melees (who already have many ways to become more tanky via IOs), another way to be extra godlike (like a invul getting huge psi res/def) just sounds awful.

Aggro cap? Tanks are already getting that in aoes.

Increased range? Only the outdoor maps (mostly) would need that.

2 hours ago, krj12 said:

Blindness? Most melees get +per. SO many other people have tactics. Few things in game have stealth or -per powers.

What I wouldn't mind for lore and judgement would be an option to trade in the big long-cooldown powers, for weaker, but more frequent, versions.

So, for example, add a "third branch" to the Judgement trees where it does the same damage over time, but recharges in 60 seconds as its tier 2, 45 seconds at tier 3 and 30 seconds at tier 4.

Similarly, a "third branch" for the Lore Pets where you get just one pet, but it becomes "permanent" like a MM pet at tier 2, then scales up in power (ex. Longbow Nullifier to Warden) at tiers 3 and 4.

14 hours ago, krj12 said:

I do have an issue with Lore and Judgement, since they go against the grain of what most archtypes were meant to be

Narrow minded pin point of view.  It is just a few powers that alters your "perception" of what a AT is when in fact it gives a minor perk with a massive recharge.

14 hours ago, krj12 said:

If this is too difficult to  implement, maybe something generic everyone could use, like:

Yellow inspiration, tactics, ect

You are already a god when the build is complete, that is 1 weakness. Plus blue insp and recovery powers that are not rest.

Oh, no.  It was put in for a reason.  And sprint/free inherent passive run/jump.  And sppedboost.

Not sure what that last is, but /regen already ya know, regens.  There are sets or powers similar.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

9 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

What I wouldn't mind for lore and judgement would be an option to trade in the big long-cooldown powers, for weaker, but more frequent, versions.

So, for example, add a "third branch" to the Judgement trees where it does the same damage over time, but recharges in 60 seconds as its tier 2, 45 seconds at tier 3 and 30 seconds at tier 4.

Similarly, a "third branch" for the Lore Pets where you get just one pet, but it becomes "permanent" like a MM pet at tier 2, then scales up in power (ex. Longbow Nullifier to Warden) at tiers 3 and 4.

Very good suggestions, so long as they stay on par with current incarnate. That means they would also need to decrease cast time to maintain similar DpA.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

No thanks. 

Scrappers can have pets - See mace mastery - see leviathan mastery - see mu mastery - see soul mastery

Tanks have blasting powers  - see Kinetic Melee (Focused burst) - see Claws (Focus) - see Spines (Throw Spines) - see Artic/Energy/Leviathan/Mace/Mu/Pyre/Soul Mastery

Just saying.....

Edited by Burnt Toast

The ship on these incarnate powers sailed *Long* ago. Personally, I think after Alpha they should've been much lower powered outside of Incarnate content, but... *shrug* It is what it is, and 5 minute ITFs are a norm.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.