Auction house history

A majority of the time when I  click on an item in the AH it’s history does not show. Usually I have to bid like 1 inf then click find to get the history.  I don’t think it was intended to work like this. Is there a reason why it is this way and if not can it be fixed?

From both the live devs and current devs (IIRC), the Auction House code is bad. No idea if the devs have commented on any work on this, but it would certainly be nice to not have to perform various rituals to get (sometimes incorrect) history data to appear.

Agreed. I am constantly posting stuff to sell only to see it has been selling for higher values than what I listed it at. For example I had a purple recipe drop and when I listed it their was no history no matter what bid I placed so I listed it for 20 million and it sold for 15 and then the history finally pops up and says the last few sales were in the 50 million range.

It is old, but still valid.  Personally, I think fixing the documented bugs in the AH would have a magnitude greater effect on QoL than a new power set or costume piece, but I admit I don’t know if the bugs can be fixed without ripping the whole thing apart.  I’d love to see it work properly, but I’m also very comfortable with the workarounds.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

For a market to function equitably/fairly/competently there has to be a source of GOOD information on what is happening in that market.

The system chosen by the City of Heroes team a decade ago is perhaps the LEAST useful way to attempt to get GOOD information on pricing in the market.

I vastly prefer the system used by World of Warcraft over the Wentworth's rubbish.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:34 AM, WillowManson said:

listed it for 20 million and it sold for 15 and then the history finally pops up and says the last few sales were in the 50 million range.

All you have to do is click find, wait, click again if it doesn't show, and profit when the info finally comes up.  It isn't a huge and tedious problem, just takes patience for 3 seconds for the server to catch up.  Sucks with multiple stuff, but taking your time can avoid the costly mistakes.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

The history is frequently nonexistent unless you refresh it repeatedly and occasionally wildly incorrect (for example I've seen Miracle +Recovery listed as last 5 selling in the 20 million range when they're actually going in the 4-6 million range)  This is less of an issue when buying as you can simply increment your bid until it goes through; however when selling if you list for what the history says is the right price you may end up eating the fees when you have to relist it for the actual going price.

The interface is also buggy and the sorting functions frequently don't work.  Still, we're stuck with it warts and all.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 3/20/2020 at 7:34 AM, WillowManson said:

Agreed. I am constantly posting stuff to sell only to see it has been selling for higher values than what I listed it at. For example I had a purple recipe drop and when I listed it their was no history no matter what bid I placed so I listed it for 20 million and it sold for 15 and then the history finally pops up and says the last few sales were in the 50 million range.

I am really curious: what Purple IO recipe were you trying to list? 50 million strikes me as being far too much for any Purple recipe.