[Beta] Patch Notes for April 4th, 2020

17 hours ago, justicebeliever said:

You'll need to provide some math for this becuase I don't see it.

For example- 

Punding Slugfest, a 3 part Melee Damage set IO lvl 20 gets me:
16% Acc, 16% End Red, 16% Recharge 

You just did the math. The pounding slugfest IO is 48% total enhancement.

The +3 SO is 38% total enhancement. The IO is more powerful than the SO.  If you don't like what is in the enhancement mix that's a completely different issue, my point is that the lower level set IO is already numerically a higher value than a +3 SO even at level 20. 

Mixing the enhancement value up is the point. If you paired 3 of the same type of piece from different sets in a Frankenslotting setup it'd be 48% each, acc, recharge, and end reduction instead of 38% of each of those things with a +3 SO.  Not every power will be slotted like this of course but there are many that do benefit from it. My point here is you simply cannot say a +3 SO is "always" better than an SO below level 30 because here's 1 case that disproves it. Usually or even often I wouldn't quibble about, but always? Nope.  

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

17 minutes ago, Erydanus said:

You just did the math. The pounding slugfest IO is 48% total enhancement.

The +3 SO is 38% total enhancement. The IO is more powerful than the SO.  If you don't like what is in the enhancement mix that's a completely different issue, my point is that the lower level set IO is already numerically a higher value than a +3 SO even at level 20. 

Mixing the enhancement value up is the point. If you paired 3 of the same type of piece from different sets in a Frankenslotting setup it'd be 48% each, acc, recharge, and end reduction instead of 38% of each of those things with a +3 SO.  Not every power will be slotted like this of course but there are many that do benefit from it. My point here is you simply cannot say a +3 SO is "always" better than an SO below level 30 because here's 1 case that disproves it. Usually or even often I wouldn't quibble about, but always? Nope.  

You just quoted half the math.  Using all 3 parts of pounding slugfest get's me a 48% boost (16% each one).  Using only 2 +3 SO's get's me 76% (38% each one), plus an extra slot.  So that is a clear under perform for me, since 2 SO's are both cheaper and use less slots than 3 set IO's.  You'll still need to create you own math if you want to convince me that IO's have any significant value in the lower levels (again, pre level 22) over SO's.

IO's are awesome, in their place and time, and SO's are awesome in their place and time.  One doesn't have to be, and in fact is not, superior to the other in all situations.

Edited by justicebeliever
Showed unit improvements
  • Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On 4/8/2020 at 1:55 AM, Faultline said:

An upgrade option to +5 all crafted IOs is not happening alongside this update for many reasons; one that might not be obvious is that proc effects are not improved by boosts, so a mass-upgrade button would waste boosters for no benefit. At the very least, it needs to be able to filter those out from the mass upgrading, which is a lot more work than the current feature does: anything that has a sell price in stores is upgraded. If you can't sell it to a vendor, you can't upgrade it with this feature. I'm not saying never, just not now.

That is fair. Would it be more reasonable/feasible to just make a "max boost" booster (+5), then? I don't code/develop, so I'm not sure what level of work it would need to be. 

Edited by Waypoint
  • Like 2

Random thoughts on Faultine's thoughts...

- I agree with moving people onto SO's as soon as possible, but funding a cold start toon (a newbie w/o a sugar daddy) is a big concern.  Though a large part of that is how fast the lower levels can fly by (even playing normal content), I've sometimes had problems keeping myself in TO's.  (This of course could just be me, or we could just accept it as a fact of life.)  That seems to start easing around levels 6-7...

- The AH is an inconstant source of income for lower level toons.  Common salvage, enhancements, and almost all recipes are vendor trash.  If the RNG $DIETY smiles on you and uncommon or rare salvage drops, then you're in like Flynn.

- Hence I'm a fan of presenting the "budget option" right from the steps of City Hall.

Wandering thoughts....

- My starter contact gifted me with an even level Yin-O, could that be +3 instead?
- Haven't done enough door missions to get a random drop, but Yin-O's (+3 or not) at could be useful there too.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

6 hours ago, justicebeliever said:

You just quoted half the math.  

Because it was irrelevant.  I'm not discussing the use of sets. 

My original statement was that set IOs are more powerful than generic IOs because the multipart pieces have higher enhancement values than generic ones. Thus, saying that they're not as powerful as a +3 SO (with a 38% enhancement value) until a higher level (40, actually) is not factually accurate (with the proviso that you seem set on ignoring) that the enhancement is diversified into multiple parameters.

48% is higher than 38%.  That's fact, and just so you know I'm done with this discussion. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

4 minutes ago, Erydanus said:

Because it was irrelevant.  I'm not discussing the use of sets. 

My original statement was that set IOs are more powerful than generic IOs because the multipart pieces have higher enhancement values than generic ones. Thus, saying that they're not as powerful as a +3 SO (with a 38% enhancement value) until a higher level (40, actually) is not factually accurate (with the proviso that you seem set on ignoring) that the enhancement is diversified into multiple parameters.

48% is higher than 38%.  That's fact, and just so you know I'm done with this discussion. 

Your original statement did not mention generic IO's my friend.

On 4/8/2020 at 6:39 AM, Erydanus said:

invention sets are even more powerful at lower levels, those 3 and 2 parters add up to more enhancement than even +3 SOs a lot earlier, but again this is lost on many people

Rather you suggested that IO's sets where better than SO's at lower levels.  This is a case you have not made with any facts or figures (that's a fact).  78% improvement with 2 slots, is factually better than 48% with 3 slots.  Sorry.  That's a fact.  Yes 48% is better than 38%, but since the value we arrive at is 78% not 38%, it's moot!  SO's +3 are demonstrably better at lower levels.  Case closed.  And discussion too, I guess.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On 4/8/2020 at 1:55 AM, Faultline said:

The auction house is very much expected to be a source of influence for low level characters; it's the reason why recipes and salvage are grouped across level ranges. At level 7, if you receive a Rare Salvage drop, you really should go straight to the market and drop it there for a nice chunk of influence to purchase all the enhancements you need for the early game. I have been pondering adding an extra step to the Invention tutorial which rewards 20 Brainstorm Ideas and tells you to craft it into a Rare and sell it in the market, to introduce players to the Conversion tab and the Market in one step.

tbh you should probably make it 40 (or hell, even 60) brainstorm ideas and tell them to craft two (or three!) rares - it still wouldn't really be an effective source of income for veterans in the slightest (if you really wanted to bother, the atlas park exploration lap is still way faster), but 800,000-1.2 million~ inf is a lot more comfortable of a cushion for a new player than 400,000, given the general price of SOs even at low levels.

It'd probably also be beneficial to tell them that they can convert reward merits into enhancement converters which sell for a easy profit on the AH in that same tutorial.

Edited by nyttyn

I'll jump in and see if I can bridge the gap between the two of you, as it is one of explanation/showing the math.

1 +3 DMG SO = 38.295% Dmg

1 +3 ACC SO = 38.295% Acc

Total = 114.885% total enhancement value (split 38.295% Acc and 76.59% Dmg)

1 L20 Acc/Dmg/Rech = 12.8% Acc + 12.8% Dmg + 12.8% Rech (38.4% total enhancement value)

1 L20 Acc/Dmg/End/Rech = 11.2% Acc + 11.2% Dmg + 11.2% End + 11.2% Rech (44.8% total enhancement value)

1 L20 Dmg/End/Rech = 12.8% Dmg + 12.8% End + 12.8% Rech (38.4% total enhancement value)

Total = 121.6% total enhancement value (split 24% Acc, 36.8% Dmg, 24% End, 36.8% Rech)

The set IOs frankenslotted give more total enhancement value, but spread it out across acc/dmg/end/rech.  Which is better?  That depends on lots of factors and will be based largely on personal preference.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 1

If TO/DO drops are indeed intended to be vendor trash going forward, they really need to either unslottable so a new player doesn’t actually do so

-or-

more usefully, they need to dropped from the loot tables entirely and drop rate for SOs tweaked so that the vendoring value remains similar.

Example (I don’t know the specific rates, but this’ll do); let’s say the current drop rate is 10% chance of a TO (inf x1), 5% for a DO (inf x2) and 2.5% of an SO (inf x4).

That’s an average influence value for the drops  of 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 = x0.3 per mob.

The equivalent using only SOs would be a 7.5% chance to drop an SO and you never have to worry about a new player accidentally slotting a TO or DO because it was a drop and they didn’t realize it was supposed to be vendor trash.

2 hours ago, nyttyn said:

tbh you should probably make it 40 (or hell, even 60) brainstorm ideas and tell them to craft two (or three!) rares - it still wouldn't really be an effective source of income for veterans in the slightest (if you really wanted to bother, the atlas park exploration lap is still way faster), but 800,000-1.2 million~ inf is a lot more comfortable of a cushion for a new player than 400,000, given the general price of SOs even at low levels.

o.0  SO's are expensive, but they're not that expensive.  At 6k inf/per, Faultline's proposal gives a new player a "cushion" equivalent to 66 SO's - at a level where they'll have only nine slots to fill.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!

22 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

o.0  SO's are expensive, but they're not that expensive.  At 6k inf/per, Faultline's proposal gives a new player a "cushion" equivalent to 66 SO's - at a level where they'll have only nine slots to fill.

I'm not sure where you got those numbers from but they're only 6000 influence at level 5 for (edit: damage) SOs. It varies based on enhancement type and they go up pretty fast in price per level. Even at level 10 (the level you get the invention tutorial), damage/healing SOs are already 12k a pop, a number that rises up to 24k a pop by level 20. The most common enhancements are also the most expensive, in what's one of the dumber parts about SO prices - accuracy, damage, healing are the most expensive, then recharge and endurance reduction are only slightly behind.

Edited by nyttyn

6 minutes ago, nyttyn said:

Even at level 10 (the level you get the invention tutorial), damage/healing SOs are already 12k a pop

At which point the character has 15 slots to fill - while Faultline's proposed cushion will only allow the character to fill a "mere" 33 slots.  (Or, in other words, do the math.)

It's a cushion, not an automatic winning lottery ticket.

8 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Random thoughts on Faultine's thoughts...

- I agree with moving people onto SO's as soon as possible, but funding a cold start toon (a newbie w/o a sugar daddy) is a big concern.  Though a large part of that is how fast the lower levels can fly by (even playing normal content), I've sometimes had problems keeping myself in TO's.  (This of course could just be me, or we could just accept it as a fact of life.)  That seems to start easing around levels 6-7...

- The AH is an inconstant source of income for lower level toons.  Common salvage, enhancements, and almost all recipes are vendor trash.  If the RNG $DIETY smiles on you and uncommon or rare salvage drops, then you're in like Flynn.

- Hence I'm a fan of presenting the "budget option" right from the steps of City Hall.

Wandering thoughts....

- My starter contact gifted me with an even level Yin-O, could that be +3 instead?
- Haven't done enough door missions to get a random drop, but Yin-O's (+3 or not) at could be useful there too.

All you need to do to start out a new toon with adequate INF is:

1. Learn to use the Merit vendor to convert Reward Merits into Special Salvage such as Boosters or Converters.
  2. Learn to use the AH to sell that special salvage.
  3. Learn to use the P2W vendor to acquire the free Jump Pack or Steam Jump power.
  4. Memorize the location of the 8 exploration markers in Atlas Park (getting the explores in Mercy is harder - so even my villain toons start in AP to do this, then hit Null to go red-side).

Once you've done that every toon can start with 1M INF or more.  Which based upon my testing will keep you in +3 SOs until level 11 even if you upgrade them every time you level up.

By then I'd earned another 28 RM, worth some 7M more INF.  Which in turn would be enough to keep me in valid SOs until 22 and leave enough to acquire IOs at that time.  I could possibly even stretch that to IOs at level 27, though I'd only have about 3M to keep me in SOs until then, so I'd have to be judicious in the use of the Upgrade button and instead just buy most of my SOs from stores.  Bottom line... just doing the AP explores and playing 3 story arcs (Twinshot, Wincott and Flux) provided enough earnings to mean I could be at SO level of performance all the way to 50 by just earning enough to buy IOs to fill new slots.  Which amounts to just a few hundred k INF per level.

Edited by csr

8 minutes ago, csr said:

All you need to do to start out a new toon with adequate INF is:

All you need to do to start out a new toon with adequate INF is: know a lot of stuff that new players won't know.  (And jump through hoops that players shouldn't have to jump through to equip themselves with the basics.)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

All you need to do to start out a new toon with adequate INF is: know a lot of stuff that new players won't know.  (And jump through hoops that players shouldn't have to jump through to equip themselves with the basics.)

Using the P2W vendor, Merit Vendor and AH are pretty much essential to this game.  I personally think doing away with the need to use the AH would be easy if they let you convert a Reward Merit directly to INF (say 200k).  But not knowing about the P2W vendor is a major handicap, as is not learning how to spend Reward Merits.  The explores in AP are really the only thing that is "arcane" knowledge.  Faultline's Rare Salvage tutorial would obviate the need for that, but you're still going to need to know how to convert Reward Merits to INF to really keep yourself outfitted in HC's universe.

Edited by csr

13 minutes ago, csr said:

Using the P2W vendor, Merit Vendor and AH are pretty much essential to this game.

I would agree on the AH, on the others?  Not so much.  They're entirely optional for basic builds and basic gameplay.

14 minutes ago, csr said:

Faultline's Rare Salvage tutorial would obviate the need for that, but you're still going to need to know how to convert Reward Merits to INF to really keep yourself outfitted in HC's universe.

Keep in mind that (under this  proposal) we're talking about equipping basic gear (defined as SO's), not top end gear like sets or purps.  My goal is to get a player into the game, able to equip himself with the basics via normal gameplay (not optional content such as the invention system), and enjoy the game long enough to learn all the other stuff.

If a new player hits the vendor at lvl 3-4 and can't afford anything - that's a huge brick wall.  That's bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

My goal is to get a player into the game, able to equip himself with the basics via normal gameplay (not optional content such as the invention system), and enjoy the game long enough to learn all the other stuff.

If a new player hits the vendor at lvl 3-4 and can't afford anything - that's a huge brick wall.  That's bad.

I'd agree with that.  However, the sooner you learn the Reward Merit system the better off you are going to be.  Honestly, the biggest boon I think they could add for new players is the simple direct Reward Merit -> Influence option.  Perhaps with a Merit Vendor tutorial that gives you 1 or 2 RM.

Edited by csr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, csr said:

I'd agree with that.  However, the sooner you learn the Reward Merit system the better off you are going to be.  Honestly, the biggest boon I think they could add for new players is the simple direct Reward Merit -> Influence option.  Perhaps with a Merit Vendor tutorial that gives you 1 or 2 RM.

I agree. I think a lot of people are so used to the game that they don’t realize how unintuitive and hidden certain elements of the game are to total newcomers.

For example; people mention the IO system tutorial... but if you haven’t noticed there’s no longer a contact or notice or anything that sends a new player TO that tutorial. Left to their own devices a new player would have to happen upon the university interior and then explore to find the starting contact.

I’ve become a LOT more aware of this recently precisely because I’ve been introducing my friend to the game for the first time and there is no readily obvious tutorial for either how to spend merits, use the auction house and no “find contact” directing you to the IO system tutorial.

All of which are systems being claimed as essential to playing the game.

Hell, the game still does a piss poor job at explaining you can add more than one of an enhancement to the same power and what they need to be slotting from the vendor to not make your character basically unplayable.

I thank God that I told him to run Outbreak or Breakout first instead of Galaxy City or it would have been even worse.

There are some easy things that would definitely help though;

- Add dialogue to the level 3 training about the basics of slotting enhancements... the importance of accuracy and endurance reduction and that you can slot more than one of the same type, but that more than 3 of the same will largely be wasted. Even better, add a contact who’s basically just a conversation to convey this information in a more step by step approach instead of being part of a single dialogue window.

- Put a couple of Merit Vendors; the kind in a purple/gold suit; out in the Atlas Plaza near the basic enhancement vendors so they’re not hidden away inside City Hall a place you’re currently only sent if you decide to do the Shining Stars arc.

- Those who buy converters on the auction house will complain, but add a bright shiny INFLUENCE tab to the list of Merit Vendor options. Don’t hide it under one of the existing categories. Give it a convert 1, 10 and 50 option that gives 200k influence per merit.

- Add the IO tutorial back into the automatic contacts as its at least twice as important as the Shining Stars arcs are, and, though it’s been a long time since I’ve done it, I recall it actually being a useful tutorial.

- If its not not in it already add a buying/selling on the auction house to the IO tutorial. Also add a section on what converters, boosters and catalysts actual do and that they’re obtained using merits and sell well on the auction house.

- Re-add the initial origin contacts to the character’s starting list. It’s not the most exciting new content, but it introduces players to the beginnings of the branching content chains where a contract introduces a couple of additional contacts. Alternately, have Habashy when you see him at the close of Thiery’s arc, introduce you to a standard contact.

Right now all the initial contacts you’re given; Habashy through Thiery, Shauna Stockwell/Eagle Eye and Twinshot are all self contained... they never introduce you to anyone outside their particular chain. If you haven’t figured out the find contact button on your own, you’re sorta out of luck.

These would go a LONG way towards helping new players navigate the game more effectively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• City Council

I will definitely be adding the invention tutorial pop-up back in, I didn't realize it was gone.

The game has a Help window that explains a lot of game concepts, but the whole idea of a Help window full of text is very 2004 and I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of players don't even know it's there.

Making a comprehensive tutorial on P2W, merits, conversion, catalysts, boosters and the auction house will probably take a while. Baby steps.

The Find Contact button could certainly benefit from being a lot more noticeable. I'll see what can be done to highlight it or make it flash when new contacts are available. The radio/newspaper is another way to gain contacts that is not advertised very well, maybe those should be granted automatically without having to visit a broker/detective.

Direct conversion from merits to inf will not happen, because that adds a lot of influence to the economy. Always remember that creating money out of nothing is bad and money circulating between players is good.

On the next patch, all the early level TOs are replaced with DOs. Since those drop a lot more often at low levels (20% chance on a level 1-4 minion) that may be enough for players to afford early SOs. Remember that players get 5 dual enhancements from P2W early on for free, so there's not really that many slots to fill -- as long as they know about those enhancements. Discoverability continues to be the problem there.

45 minutes ago, Faultline said:

The game has a Help window that explains a lot of game concepts, but the whole idea of a Help window full of text is very 2004 and I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of players don't even know it's there.

It was updated only rarely, has very vague explanations that are almost as harmful as helpful, and the most help you could give to someone was to tell them that it's way out of date and to not use it. This isn't a failure on Homecoming, but Paragon Studios, who decided to not remove it entirely when they stopped updating it.

Some notes about the in-game help:

• Going into it as a newbie it's not resizable, so you can't read the whole thing at once and have to scroll on either side
    • Yes, there are ways to resize windows in the game that aren't resizable... this is as a newbie who has to look at the help option, who won't know those exist
    • They also aren't mentioned in the help
  • There's no way to search for something without just hunting through the tree
  • I thought it used to at least have a list of slash commands, but it either never did or it was removed
  • It DOES mention merit vendors, under Merit Rewards/Spending Merits (a positive comment!)
  • There are more sections on something simple and fairly intuitive like Navigation than there are on the entire Invention system
    • There are as many major sections - which break down into more detail - for the Mission Architect than there are total sections for the Invention system
  • The Invention/Salvage section has nothing about special salvage, where to get it, how to use it, or anything
    • No mention of attuning, boosting, or why you would want to do either
    • No mention of unslotting (but mention for "A warning reminds players that equipping is permanent." under Rewards/Equipping Enhancements)
  • The section on enhancement sets mentions nothing about when set bonuses would not be in effect, such as going over the "rule of 5" or exemplaring 3 levels below the set's minimum level
    • In fact, the Social section mentions Lackeys - which don't exist anymore because of Super Sidekicking - but doesn't mention exemplar/malefactoring
    • Under Invention System/Enhancement Sets, it says "Keep in mind that these bonuses apply to your character at all times; and apply to all of your powers not just the one you have it slotted in. You do not need to have the power active in order to get the bonus." This is flat-out incorrect given the examplaring rules. Even the section on Rewards/Enhancements, which talks about enhancement levels, does not bring this up when it talks about Invented Enhancements at the bottom.
  • It doesn't look like the PvP section has been updated since PvP was first introduced
  • The Ouroboros section (while looking for something on exemplaring) says that the minimum level to enter is 25, instead of 14
  • There's nothing on changing alignment, at all
  • Did you know that power pools open at 6, and you can't take the 3rd power in any of them until 14? That's what the help tells you, because it was never updated when this was changed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Faultline said:

Making a comprehensive tutorial on P2W, merits, conversion, catalysts, boosters and the auction house will probably take a while. Baby steps.

I don’t know that it needs a full tutorial, so much as it just needs a note that if you don’t know what to spend merits on; here’s a list (converters, catalysts, boosters) of what sells consistently well at Wentworth’s/the Black Market.

I double-checked the invention tutorial and the final stage with the guidance counselor includes reading a Wentworth’s pamphlet that covers which zones it’s found in and that you can buy and sell there and a representative there can walk you through the system.

The WW information rep covers bidding, what can be bought/sold, fees and that items on the AH will be lost if you’re inactive for more than 60 days.

It doesn’t give you the super-easy slash command, but this is about new players gaining basic functionality, not necessarily super-efficiency.

For all its ease, /ah essentially removes one of the communal hubs of the game. Sure all the auras could be annoying, but there was no doubt that the game felt more alive due to the conflux of players.

Maybe all that’s actually needed is to put the following on the bottom of the WW pamphlet;

”Enhancement converters, catalysts and boosters are always hot sellers. See your local Merit vendor to acquire some you can sell with us.”

1 hour ago, Faultline said:

Direct conversion from merits to inf will not happen, because that adds a lot of influence to the economy. Always remember that creating money out of nothing is bad and money circulating between players is good.

True. I hadn’t considered that in my suggestions. Making the IO tutorial contact automatic again and a list of the good sellers though should solve a lot of it.

As to finding the P2W vendor. How hard would it be to make them an automatic contact? They’ve already got their short introductory speech and answering various questions. Just make it a super-short mission to speak with them and that’s accomplished.

Overall, I approve of the direction.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Caulderone said:

I'll jump in and see if I can bridge the gap between the two of you, as it is one of explanation/showing the math.

1 +3 ACC SO = 38.295% Acc

Total = 114.885% total enhancement value (split 38.295% Acc and 76.59% Dmg)

1 L20 Acc/Dmg/Rech = 12.8% Acc + 12.8% Dmg + 12.8% Rech (38.4% total enhancement value)

1 L20 Acc/Dmg/End/Rech = 11.2% Acc + 11.2% Dmg + 11.2% End + 11.2% Rech (44.8% total enhancement value)

1 L20 Dmg/End/Rech = 12.8% Dmg + 12.8% End + 12.8% Rech (38.4% total enhancement value)

Total = 121.6% total enhancement value (split 24% Acc, 36.8% Dmg, 24% End, 36.8% Rech)

The set IOs frankenslotted give more total enhancement value, but spread it out across acc/dmg/end/rech.  Which is better?  That depends on lots of factors and will be based largely on personal preference.

Thanks for using math @Caulderoneto explain this differently (that's what I was asking for).  This makes sense - Which set did you use for the L20 example?    Because I don't see one that plays out the way you described here.  Most of the ones I see fall around a total of 115% total enhancement value, which admittedly is still on par with the +3 SO's.

2 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

Which set did you use for the L20 example?

I used a melee attack and 2 Pulverizing Fisticuffs and 1 Smashing Haymaker.

A ranged attack would be more challenging to get accuracy without using the PvP set or Winter IOs.  You could get the same enhancement values with a quad and 2 triples, but the accuracy would shift into more of the other 3.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

I used a melee attack and 2 Pulverizing Fisticuffs and 1 Smashing Haymaker.

A ranged attack would be more challenging to get accuracy without using the PvP set or Winter IOs.  You could get the same enhancement values with a quad and 2 triples, but the accuracy would shift into more of the other 3.

Frankenslotted...Makes perfect sense.  Thank you sir for being a proper gentleman and not assuming I'm an idiot and rather providing concrete examples.  +1 Inf to you!