[Beta] Patch Notes for April 4th, 2020

• City Council
2 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

So the upgrade routine is creating DO's outside of the normal/expected ranges.  It would make sense that it could be difficult coding to determine the character's Origin and upgrade to the proper SO's, but just to double check - working as intended or broken?

I'm not sure it makes sense to automatically upgrade DOs to SOs. SOs have significantly greater enhancement values than DOs do, so a DO build is not going to translate well to an SO build. A character with DOs might use 2 acc / 2 dmg, and switch to 1 acc / 3 dmg for SOs.

6 minutes ago, Number Six said:

I'm not sure it makes sense to automatically upgrade DOs to SOs. SOs have significantly greater enhancement values than DOs do, so a DO build is not going to translate well to an SO build. A character with DOs might use 2 acc / 2 dmg, and switch to 1 acc / 3 dmg for SOs.

Very true.

I wasn't actually asking for automatic upgrade, just seeking clarification as to whether it was supposed to or not.  Not doing so is perfectly reasonable for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 4/4/2020 at 1:42 AM, summers said:

This might be a crazy idea, but why not just remove SOs from the game and make everything drop basic IOs, and allow them to be purchasable.

Everything else is just patching obselete content that extracts fun from new players who don't know better.

Just my five cents 🙂

Believe it or not there are a ton of players who either don't like the IO system or think its too complicated to use or too much effort. While the Homecoming team has done wonders with making the bar for entry become extremely low still there are players who still will not use them.

5 hours ago, Waypoint said:

With this patch, will there be possible progress on doing this for +5ing enhancements with boosters? It's currently a slog to +5 an IO. 

I WILL NOT EAT UNTIL THIS CHANGE IS MADE

• Haha 1

With this patch, will there be possible progress on doing this for +5ing enhancements with boosters? It's currently a slog to +5 an IO. 

Yes please.

UzQ8Eke.png

This would be awesome. Some characters make use of 100+ boosters, and using each one individually feels terrible, even when repeatedly canceling out of the upgrade window to make it as fast as possible.

6 hours ago, Waypoint said:

I prefer having a sense of pride and accomplishment after spending 20 minutes +5ing everything.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mallex said:

I prefer having a sense of pride and accomplishment after spending 20 minutes +5ing everything.

I have to agree with Mallex, i LO-OOOVEE taking 10 years out of my day to individually boost each IO. Great add devs, keep up the great work!

6 hours ago, Waypoint said:

This and catalyzing would be awesome.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

I've started +5 boosting my 50s and yes I have a lot of merits on each character so every IO that can is getting boosted. It takes 10-15 minutes to do it depending on my focus. This would be a nice QoL change to instantly boost all.

Beta Question:

Just did the Yin (I Lost my daddy!) arc on beta on a level 50 through Ouroboros. It did not let me buy anything from Yin after getting Rescuer.

1. What's the dev badge title for Rescuer so I can use badge_grant to save time. badge_grant Rescuer didn't work (or RescuerBadge)

EDIT: Ty undarl: /badge_grant YinBadge

2. What's the downside of allowing a character that's leveled past 25 to buy the Yin IOs? With double xp on demand I'd like the ceiling for using the store to be extended to level 29 (I often do things like Frostfire at level 15+ these days so it's easy to outlevel things).

EDIT: Faultline posted the answer below mine (thanks!)

Can I plead for the following ideas on enhancements:

1. Add a few missing types of enhanceable stats to Hamidons (Slows to lysosomes, Enzymes and Endurance modification to Goglis or Recharge)

2. Allow players to make their own hybrid common IOs (end mod/heal, specifically for blaster maintain powers), rech/end redux, defense/resist IOs for hybrid powers such as from Shield Defense or Dark Affinity, etc. Hybrid Combiners could be a new salvage for players to earn, buy, trade.

Edited by Rejolt

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

• City Council
30 minutes ago, Rejolt said:

Just did the Yin (I Lost my daddy!) arc on beta on a level 50 through Ouroboros. It did not let me buy anything from Yin after getting Rescuer.

Menu > Options > General > Miscellaenous > Show All Enhancements in Stores > Enabled

By default you can only see enhancements of your origin and between -3 and +3 of your current level.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rejolt said:

2. Allow players to make their own hybrid common IOs (end mod/heal, specifically for blaster maintain powers), rech/end redux, defense/resist IOs for hybrid powers such as from Shield Defense or Dark Affinity, etc. Hybrid Combiners could be a new salvage for players to earn, buy, trade.

This one is interesting, conceptually. I'm not sure how exactly it should work, but it's a fascinating idea. I assume the Hybrid would do the whole 'two aspect boost goes to 5/8, three aspect boost goes to 1/2, four aspect boost goes to 7/16' that is normal for multi-aspect IOs?

1 hour ago, Wild Claw said:

This one is interesting, conceptually. I'm not sure how exactly it should work, but it's a fascinating idea. I assume the Hybrid would do the whole 'two aspect boost goes to 5/8, three aspect boost goes to 1/2, four aspect boost goes to 7/16' that is normal for multi-aspect IOs?

At the start I'd like just 5/8ths for two common IOs - so a Resist Damage and Heal IO (good for heals with toxic resistance or True grit from Shield Defense) would be 15.9 and 26.5. Nothing too fancy.

Idea is you must have the Common IOs crafted - then you'd need (depending on the level, here we'll say level 50)  something like 500k to 1 million influence or special salvage and a Hybrid Combiner you'd slot the two IOs into before crafting.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

On 4/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Setup a level 25 character (that I'd copied over) with a mix of DO's (both kinds she's eligible to use), leveled her to 30, and upgraded...   Ended up with level 33 DO's.  Leveled her to 40, upgraded, and ended up with level 43 DO's.  Leveled to 50, upgraded, and ended up with level 50 DO's.

So the upgrade routine is creating DO's outside of the normal/expected ranges.  It would make sense that it could be difficult coding to determine the character's Origin and upgrade to the proper SO's, but just to double check - working as intended or broken?

This is working exactly as intended, yes.  You are expected to go to the stores and the management screen is just for updating what you currently have.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 4/5/2020 at 1:39 PM, Waypoint said:

This would be a great QoL improvement.   Make it happen Homecoming!!!

On 4/3/2020 at 10:42 PM, summers said:

This might be a crazy idea, but why not just remove SOs from the game and make everything drop basic IOs, and allow them to be purchasable.

Everything else is just patching obselete content that extracts fun from new players who don't know better.

Just my five cents 🙂

Basically this.  I've had the same idea in my head for a while: Enhancements as fun game mechanic are a dud and pretty much always were.  (They were probably more OK when the game first came out, because optimizing your build was worth it due to slower leveling speed.)

I think game is going in the right direction, but it could go further.  All TOs and DOs should be replaced by SOs, and SOs should work at low levels pretty much like you have now.  In addition, SOs should work for a much broader range of levels.  I'd make them work at any level, but maybe at half effectiveness outside of a +- 5 level range (instead of being complete duds after a +- 3 level range as they are now.)

In addition, I'd replace everything out side of Acc, EndRdx, Rrchg, and Range with "Power."  So all damage, heal, hold, sleep, slow, etc.  all those Enh that you get that you never can use because you don't have the right power, those all go away, and you just get Power Enh now.  Power goes in any power, and enhances the ability of that power.  So in a Damage power they enhance Damage, in a Hold they enhance hold time, in a Heal it enhances health gained, etc.  A bit of work would have to be done for power that have multiple effects, but I think it's doable to work that out.  This would eliminate a lot (I think all) of the useless drops and make the game more fun and less about managing your inventory too.

9 hours ago, Wild Claw said:

I know I'd suggested something similar on live. I'd love to see it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Ok so neat on the upgradeable enhancements. It's a general upgrade all to +3. 

A few thoughts:

Wow are even DOs by level 2 amazing.

Noticed the enhancements have higher numbers when ex'd thanks to the Yin SOs being level 5. Made a scrapper and at level 2 a one accuracy, two damage slotted attack had 25 acc and 50 dmg (it's much lower than that on live).

You really only need one toon on an entire server to have the badge. Unlock with Rescuer, click /ah and list everything until you're out of AH space. Guess I'll go save the name Yinazon, Yinbay or Yinmart.com.

Can the AVs in DFB have a greater chance to drop end mod, heal, defense buff, resist, etc. SOs now? 

Are we allowed to change it so we can just upgrade a few things instead of all. If it's all or nothing I'll take all. However,  a new player could be broke and really wants to update the 2 Recharges in hasten and doesn't have the 1.2 mil inf to upgrade all.

Also guess I'll be replacing the 5 prestige IOs asap now (unless I need half of a damage and rech SO in an underslotted power).

Edited by Rejolt

On 4/5/2020 at 6:15 PM, Mansome said:

Believe it or not there are a ton of players who either don't like the IO system or think its too complicated to use or too much effort. While the Homecoming team has done wonders with making the bar for entry become extremely low still there are players who still will not use them.

Counter-argument: Don't do away with SO's and just add functionality to make IO's of appropriate level have a small chance to drop off of enemies/completed arcs.  So what if some players don't want to use them?  They'd then have a choice and I imagine that a slow drip of naturally-occurring IO drops would convert some SO-exclusive players.  Just a thought.  

Just now, CabooseCC said:

Counter-argument: Don't do away with SO's and just add functionality to make IO's of appropriate level have a small chance to drop off of enemies/completed arcs.  So what if some players don't want to use them?  They'd then have a choice and I imagine that a slow drip of naturally-occurring IO drops would convert some SO-exclusive players.  Just a thought.  

Recipes are more of a pain in the ass than they are worth and I would say that is why some players don't mess with IO's.  If you just dropped the enhancement as loot instead of the recipe, you'd see a lot more adoption of the system.  That's not to say recipes shouldn't drop, but I would add an even smaller chance for the whole enhancement to drop instead.

1 hour ago, CabooseCC said:

They'd then have a choice and I imagine that a slow drip of naturally-occurring IO drops would convert some SO-exclusive players.  Just a thought. 

Not aimed at you Caboose, just a general question that springs from the tenor of these particular discussions...

Why the near religious fervor to "convert" people to the IO system?  (Especially since at lower levels, IO's are markedly inferior in quality to DO's and SO's?)  Why the constant subtext of "if you aren't using IO's, you're doing it wrong?"

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)