coming back for the first time since 2012, what have I missed in scrappertown?

leeowensoas

Hey all! Playing scrappers (and brutes) and soloing AVs and Pylons and running +4×8 were always my favorite tests of awesome back in the day! By the standard of maybe 2012 I'd consider my meta-knowledge pretty darn good, comfortable working out dps and dpa and attack chains. Mostly I'm wondering if amid the piles of patch notes I missed some stuff, so I have a few questions:

1: Have scrappers or brutes received any major AT-wide changes I should know about? Still roughly neck and neck in terms of effectiveness? Any sets get the nerf bat? Did Stalkers get buffed? Never used to hear much about them and now I seem to see them pop up more often.

2: talk to me about the new sets. Everyone has been raving about /bio, and I hear good things about rad and savage. Just like a quick summary of what makes them stand out and how they shine would be great.

3: procs! I heard about the ppm change, but now I'm hearing about people slotting 6 procs into a power? That wasn't exactly the way to go on live, other than some niche buzzsaw builds, did procs get better? How do these new proc heavy builds work?

4: I haven't done incarnate stuff yet. What do I need to change in my builds to live past 50? I hear energy damage is a thing to look out for. Do I need to hit the 59% softcap?

5: Titan Weapons seems insanely broken. I heard it's due for a nerf. Is that just a rumor or should I hold off building one for now in case

6: any new global or set bonuses in the IOs I need? Any new ATOs or other sets?

Edited by leeowensoas

7 minutes ago, leeowensoas said:

3: procs! I heard about the ppm change, but now I'm hearing about people slotting 6 procs into a power? That wasn't exactly the way to go on live, other than some niche buzzsaw builds, did procs get better? How do these new proc heavy builds work?

LINK

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:13 AM, leeowensoas said:

Hey all! Playing scrappers (and brutes) and soloing AVs and Pylons and running +4×8 were always my favorite tests of awesome back in the day! By the standard of maybe 2012 I'd consider my meta-knowledge pretty darn good, comfortable working out dps and dpa and attack chains. Mostly I'm wondering if amid the piles of patch notes I missed some stuff, so I have a few questions:

1: Have scrappers or brutes received any major AT-wide changes I should know about? Still roughly neck and neck in terms of effectiveness? Any sets get the nerf bat? Did Stalkers get buffed? Never used to hear much about them and now I seem to see them pop up more often.

2: talk to me about the new sets. Everyone has been raving about /bio, and I hear good things about rad and savage. Just like a quick summary of what makes them stand out and how they shine would be great.

4: I haven't done incarnate stuff yet. What do I need to change in my builds to live past 50? I hear energy damage is a thing to look out for. Do I need to hit the 59% softcap?

5: Titan Weapons seems insanely broken. I heard it's due for a nerf. Is that just a rumor or should I hold off building one for now in case

6: any new global or set bonuses in the IOs I need? Any new ATOs or other sets?

1. Only thing I can think of is brutes received a damage cap nerf. They still can do insane damage though.  Stalkers are absolutely amazing. Not sure how much you experienced of them in live, but I didn’t experience their later iteration. So coming to homecoming I was shocked at how good stalkers are. They have better crit potential even outside of hide than scrappers do. Each attack can build assassin focus, which at 3 stacks causes assassins strike to auto crit. Outside of hide assassins strike is a fast superior damage attack. Their ATOs give them very controlled crits and recharges build up. They are single target monsters. 

2. I love bio armor. It’s a layered defense set. You can soft cap S/L/E/N defenses and have pretty good S/L resists. You also have amazing absorb, healing, Regen, and recovery. Icing on top is the adaptations that allow for better damage, recovery, or defense based on your needs. Most people default to offensive, which for scrappers add 31.25% constant damage bonus. It additionally causes a bit of toxic damage for each attack as well. Top tier set. It’s click heavy though. And I have a hard time fitting in a lot of procs and recharge when shooting for softcap defenses without using incarnates.  Haven’t tried rad armor or savage melee. 

3. Don’t know enough about procs to help with this. 

4.  I honestly try to cover all my bases with IO sets without relying on incarnates to cover holes. Other like to have more freedom in slotting by using incarnates to cover some holes. I default to musculature alpha and ageless destiny.   Others can speak for the other slots. 

5. Titan weapons is extremely strong. Top tier AoE and top tier single target. I don’t play it much because I’m not the biggest fan of the momentum mechanic.  Basically, your first attack has a long cast (2.5 ish seconds I think). This then builds momentum and every other attack is insanely fast for about 5 seconds. Then you repeat. Titan weapons build up replacement causes builds momentum so you can start some mobs with momentum already built.  Some attacks require momentum.  I suspect the set will likely be nerfed at some point. 

6.  I will let other speak to IOs. 

Lastly, welcome back! Have fun in the city reborn. 

On 4/10/2020 at 2:13 PM, leeowensoas said:

Here's a relevant post:

The significant part is at the bottom:

Titan Weapons will see significant adjustments in Page 6. It was going to happen on Page 5 but we want those changes to come at the same time as the update for Energy Melee and another round of Dark Melee buffs.

Make of that what you will, but Page 5 was the last major patch released, so "significant adjustments" are coming Soon™.

• Thanks 1

I don't recall when they were added, but ATOs for scrappers are among the best.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."