Add fear to containment damage.

Dahkness

I think containment was only set up by "hard" controls (hold/immob) and not soft (fear, confuse, sleep, knock up/down/back/over/under.) At least by memory.

But, eh, why not.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Control :

Powers that reliably prevent enemies from acting at all, such as Holds or Disorients, are considered "hard" controls, while less reliable effects such as Knockback or Sleep are called "soft" controls

Confuse is a soft control. Not only can the enemy act, they act against their own allies.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Eh immobilize looks pretty soft control to me. Enemy can still act but can't move. Since they have often ranged powers it is still soft control.

That said fear should be between that. Enemy can't act while feared. They also can't act and move unless attacked first. It's like sleep really. Except fear is actually useful on combat while sleep only useful on non-combat since fear has a chance to reapply when attacked.

Edited by Darkneblade
  • Like 2

To Clarify, containment currently applies to Hold, Immobilize, Stun, & Sleep. Stun is the outlier because it still allows enemies to move. Adding containment to Confuse would be OP, but not having it for Fear is absurd. I believe this was brought up in one of the threads about Mind Control recently.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Control :

Powers that reliably prevent enemies from acting at all, such as Holds or Disorients, are considered "hard" controls, while less reliable effects such as Knockback or Sleep are called "soft" controls

Confuse is a soft control. Not only can the enemy act, they act against their own allies.

Immobilize also let's the enemy attack, Confuse let's them act but not against you or allies which effectively takes them out of the fight like a stun or hold.