This is Unacceptable

16 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

The short skirts we do have already look pretty terrible when the character is moving.  I have a female Street Justice tank that uses one of the knee-length skirts, and it looks awful when she does any kicks.

Agreed but that should be a player choice at the very least. Let me have the option of wearing something regardless of how bad it may or may not clip.

also like the option of having 2 different hairstyles so you can combine them to make something new or even pick a hair style and a hat/helmet. 

I dont expect the art folks to fix any

of it just give us the option to use it regardless.

17 hours ago, srmalloy said:

You volunteering to rig models for it and then make new animations for each power in the game just for long robes?

The robe worn by the mastermind Oni pet works for both male and female characters and doesnt require rigging. Got it on titan icon and paragon chat.

I'd like to have the loincloth belts worn by the female BP shamansesseses. Those seem to be normal human female models, as opposed to the custom models some enemy groups have, so I don't see why they couldn't be easily implemented.

• Like 1

Hey, @Noyjitat?

Jimmy and I sorta got in to it a while back about "the player's choice" versus "the dev's responsibility to quality."

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/14462-could-we-please-get-these-costume-pieces-moved-from-dev-only

Basically, I'm on the side of "the player should get to make the decision on what does and doesn't look good for their own character."  Jimmy expressed a differing opinion.

So, basically . . . short of finding a way to help convince Jimmy (and any other members of the Homecoming Team who hold similar views), I think we might be waiting a long while yet.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:20 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

Hey, @Noyjitat?

Jimmy and I sorta got in to it a while back about "the player's choice" versus "the dev's responsibility to quality."

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/14462-could-we-please-get-these-costume-pieces-moved-from-dev-only

Basically, I'm on the side of "the player should get to make the decision on what does and doesn't look good for their own character."  Jimmy expressed a differing opinion.

So, basically . . . short of finding a way to help convince Jimmy (and any other members of the Homecoming Team who hold similar views), I think we might be waiting a long while yet.

Well at the very least there are tons of npc costume parts that currently don't clip and fit just fine. They just need to be added to the costume creator like the ones homecoming has already ported over.

I imagine it isn't a priority for whomever does this part of the development; though I did expect to see more of them by now with the server being a year old.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:58 PM, RikOz said:

I'd like to have the loincloth belts worn by the female BP shamansesseses. Those seem to be normal human female models, as opposed to the custom models some enemy groups have, so I don't see why they couldn't be easily implemented.

Those also worked on titan icon /paragon chat along with the banshee long skirt. You can manually change the texture too if you'd rather not have them ripped or torn.

• 3 months later
On 4/26/2020 at 8:06 AM, srmalloy said:

Knock down/back a Tsoo Sorceror or Carnie illusionist. You'll see they don't have feet. For the models of all mobs that have robes/skirts that go all the way to the ground, the robe/skirt is the lower half of the model. This interferes horribly with the animations for powers, and was the reason why player characters never got full-length robes back on live.

I know and actually don't care if it ends up looking a little funny.  Hell, I still want a "lower-half of the body is a snake" option, even for Martial Arts.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 8/17/2020 at 3:05 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

I know and actually don't care if it ends up looking a little funny.  Hell, I still want a "lower-half of the body is a snake" option, even for Martial Arts.

Have you played villain side, and fought any of the "snakes"?   Try forcing them into a jumping animation if you get the chance (standing on a ledge or raised surface they have to jump to reach).  The results are absolutely goddamned hilarious.

On 8/19/2020 at 10:37 PM, SurfD said:

Have you played villain side, and fought any of the "snakes"?   Try forcing them into a jumping animation if you get the chance (standing on a ledge or raised surface they have to jump to reach).  The results are absolutely goddamned hilarious.

Seen that, still want it.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝