Laser Beam Eyes

PhillyPhil26

Hey everyone,

I have a lvl 50 tank character that for thematic reasons im taking Laser Beam Eyes.

I know that's really not a great power, again its just thematic reasons.

This toon will mainly be duo'ing same level or +1 content pretty much.

So even though i assume most skip that power,

if you were to take and slot it what wouldyou suggest?

In mind I was thinking like 1-2 acc enhancements and then 4 damage procs to try to make it somewhat alright?

6 slotting i understand is not really effective but again this guy won't be used for hard content.

So, what would you suggest with slotting that power for 6 slots?

I use it as a long-range pull. Slap a few damage procs in it and it's passable.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I like Laser Beam Eyes as an extra means of grabbing Aggro, but honestly the best use of it is probably to use it as a means of getting a set bonus from a Ranged damage set.

It's 'natural' recharge is something like 20 seconds, so if you don't add recharge to the power itself you can use it as a somewhat reliable means of triggering procs. If you went the 'proc-only' route, I would probably start with the Achilles Heel % -Res, and then Decimation %BuildUp. I think there are three %Negative Energy procs and a Toxic for extra damage chances.

If you want to do damage with it, proc it out. But at 6s base recharge, it's not gonna be amazing proc rates (but decent). The other route is to simply go with an Apoc set for the 10% recharge or a Winter Set for the survival set bonuses.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I would look for set bonuses that help my build and go from there. 

That said, there isn’t really a wrong answer here.  I personally prefer set bonuses and consistent damage over basing some of my damage on RNG (even if the total damage may trend higher) but that’s a matter of taste more than a definitive answer. As long as it has enough accuracy to reliably hit the rest isn’t a huge deal.