Character Creator: Numeric Scale input

I realize this would require UI work, and that's a pretty big deal.  I would absolutely settle for an ugly tiny button to expose ugly, janky number displays.  I don't really care. 

I just would really love to see what numbers my scales are set to.  I've had it happen a few times now where I wasn't happy with my height, build, etc and wanted to change it after creation... but then my other costume slots need the adjustments too.  And I'm finicky and obsessive, so I can't settle for "looks close enough" on them all.

You have two recourses to ensure perfection:

1) Correct scales on one costume.  Now load this costume over all your slots and manually recreate your other outfits from there.

2) Save all costumes to files.  Correct scales on one costume.  Resave costume.  Go into costume file and copy Scale data.  Open other costume files and paste scales over them one at a time. Go back into game.  Reload all outfits one at a time.

So not pressing, has workarounds.  But boy howdy, I'd love to just be able to see that I'm on Shoulders -5 instead of "that looks right around the middle, but maybe slightly less?"

• Like 7

Click the costume with the correct scales in the load costume screen, but back out instead of loading, then click Scales.  It should set them to the ones from the costume you almost loaded without changing your current costume.

@Fearsome Fig - Torchbearer

I would like some of the sliders to go farther in some directions.

when I create a female hero or villain, her legs are a bit long even when I minimize the slider.

I get that long legs are an attractive trait in women but not stilts!

15 hours ago, MangoKulfi said:

Click the costume with the correct scales in the load costume screen, but back out instead of loading, then click Scales.  It should set them to the ones from the costume you almost loaded without changing your current costume.

Eeeee, if this works, that sounds like a bug!  I often save costumes that I stumble onto that I like, but don't have a character to use it with. 

Then later on when I'm trying to establish theme, I'll go through saved costumes to see if they work.  If this is occurring, it's probably why I keep finding toons with wrong scales once I'm live (hence this thread...).

10 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

when I create a female hero or villain, her legs are a bit long even when I minimize the slider.

I'd be up for even minor adjustments, but I have a feeling the mapping between scales and the sliders would be a lot of work.

Something I recently discovered: If you have a tech-minded character, the "Cybertech" feet (for females) could pass as robotic extensions.  There's a big bulk hanging off the ankle that could conceivably be where your actual heels are resting, and pretend the feet past the ankle are robotic extensions.

13 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

This is more towards standard comic book scales rather than what some consider attractive in women.

I tend to decrease the leg length as well, along with the boobs.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I'd love hexcode colors as well! I mean, I have a toon that 6C0038 would be perfect on, but I have to choose between 660022 or 660044 to be even close. Neither of them are what I want!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• 3 months later

+1

Please yes, or allow us to export/save scales in a text friendly format, where we could adjust there, then reload.

Also, +1 on Hexcodes. There's SO much you could do with hex colors!

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club