Knock through wall insta-defeat?

Troo

Any way to have targets auto defeat if/when they fall through geometry or get knocked through walls/ceilings?

Edited by Troo
  • Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

What would have to be done, to the best of my knowledge, would be to create additional geometry barriers MANUALLY to each and every map, so that there are "instant-death" lines drawn around.

If there's an easier way to get the same effect, I can't brainstorm it right now.

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

What would have to be done, to the best of my knowledge, would be to create additional geometry barriers MANUALLY to each and every map, so that there are "instant-death" lines drawn around.

If there's an easier way to get the same effect, I can't brainstorm it right now.

Would that even be possible, given that i think all instanced content is basically constructed on the fly from a huge selection of basically pre-fab chunks?  Like, there is no "cave map A", rather there is a a preset list that builds cave map A out of a bunch of pre-made cave section blocks.  So you would basically have to figure out a way to add geometry barriers to all the individual pre-fab dungeon segments for every possible tileset.   I can only imagine what kind of a nightmare it would be getting that to work properly on something like the Oranbega tileset.

Edited by SurfD

I admit, most of my characters who have knockback at all, have some kind of non-targetting PBAE or rain.

Honestly, It's been more of a help than a hindrance for me when something gets stuck in a wall. 

But I have seen LOTS of people talking in General chat or Help chat when a mob is stuck and they have NO means to damage it. 

19 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

For mobs that get stuck in the geometry, I don't think that there's anything that can be done. For mobs that fall through the geometry, there's a 'floor' beneath the map geometry that these mobs fall down to; if there were some way for this floor to be designated as a continual-damage area, so that any mob that fell through to the floor would take enough damage to kill it immediately or over a few seconds, that could address most of the problem. It would still leave flying mobs, who could be knocked through the geometry but not land on the 'floor', though.

• Like 1