May 23rd Mutation Costume Contest Winners

GM Miss

• Retired Lead Game Master

We had some great mutation costumes come out this week. Let me quickly address something: Costume manipulation wont be considered legitimate in costume contests. Any costume manipulation will be disqualified. It is an issue that will be fixed and isn't allowed on HC.

Now, on to our winners! 

🏆Overall winner: Volatic Vixen🏆

3Y67H61.png

Indomitable:

Finalists: Balrod, Maneki-Neko, John deLouche, & Irradiation

Winner: Voltaic Vixen

Everlasting:

Finalists: Pigeon Fury, Felo-Dese, Barrier Reef, & Carp A Diem

Winner: Sunken One

Torchbearer:

Finalists: Biomorph, Misshapen, Rhath, & Queen Wasp

Winner: Fire Mantis

Reunion:

Finalists: Sword of Logos, Felis Blaze, Psicomm, & Niagara

Winner: Shaqueefa Biggins

Excelsior:

Finalists: Savage.Beast, Shloogeley, Rooster-Cogburn, & Razorjaw

Winner: Ally Gator

Contact me on discord for questions. Miss#1337!

If you are a winner I will be in touch with you within 24 hours, if you don't see a global invite from me - Message me here, on discord or in game @GM Miss

Here is the 📷 Imgur Link 📸 to all our pictures from the event! If you have any you would like to share: Add them here or on our discord in your shard channel!

If you missed our fun - stay tuned for more events just like this one (and more) right here! 

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

• Retired Lead Game Master

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

They used Arachnoid pieces.  "Backpack" claws and feet.

And not to give precise instructions on how this is accomplished, but use of outside software has been involved in past occurrences.

Debate still rages on over whether this should actually be policed or not by some members of the community, but it was certainly not conducive to Homecoming's stance to have such a costume take a prize.  And so that character has been retcon'ed out of the winner's circle.  You'll notice the picture for the winners of the Everlasting Shard looks a little . . . altered.

Edited by ArchVileTerror
Further details.

Maybe an Honorable mention would have been a compromise if it was an honest or one time mistake.

That said, if "that player" has exposed thier history of exploits and hacking, immediate account termination is appropriate.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

They used Arachnoid pieces.  "Backpack" claws and feet.

And not to give precise instructions on how this is accomplished, but use of outside software has been involved in past occurrences.

Debate still rages on over whether this should actually be policed or not by some members of the community, but it was certainly not conducive to Homecoming's stance to have such a costume take a prize.  And so that character has been retcon'ed out of the winner's circle.  You'll notice the picture for the winners of the Everlasting Shard looks a little . . . altered.

I don't want instructions as much as a visual.  But thanks for the info.  At least now I can try to imagine it.

14 minutes ago, Deathalamode said:

This was a ton of fun to participate in. Everyone had awesome costumes! Thanks to the GM's for running the contest! I was Voltaic Vixen. 😄

*wavesfist

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Bummed I missed this, I think my brute had a good shot here!

Happy to see that the costume manipulation wasn't considered, though.

An argument can be made for making those available to players down the line, but for now it's objectively unfair.

Awesome costumes all around.

Going to acknowledge that the costume of that rulebreaker does look cool, not surprised they were selected as a runner up before being disqualified.

Would be nice to have those pieces available to us someday.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2020 at 5:45 AM, ScarySai said:

Bummed I missed this, I think my brute had a good shot here!

Probably, your costume has got be better than my guy who is so bland looking.  Indomitable, second pic from the top, 2nd guy from the right.  John deLouche, half of his costume is Bio Armor and a dripping ooze aura.  Rest is just bio-luminescence skin colored brown, with a gaseous titan weapon.  That turd of a costume...well his biography is essentially a city sewer worker who gets pulled down the drain after unclogging a Hydra blob; he mutated into a turd.  His name is bathroom humor, both John and Lou referencing the nicknames of toilets. 

He is so generic looking, I don't know why he was picked.  I got to finish him, have a fancy title I at least got to bling him out to go with it.

I wonder if my other scrapper John Schmitdhaus (rhymes with Shithouse, same humor) would of done as good.  Staff/Bio weapon, uses a piece of sewer pipe to fight Grime 

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

5 hours ago, IntenseMX said:

What costume pieces are these shoulders? I cant find it anywhere
OX5wDOQ.png?1

It's the fur shoulders for boleros in the primary chest option tab for the female model. There is this, none, and an imperial dynasty shoulder option for robes I seem to recall. I believe it has been ported to tights, tops with skin, and one or two others as well.

• GM Miss unfeatured this topic