Jump to content

Forum game - create a character concept from a badge name!


Peacemoon
 Share

Recommended Posts

So maybe this will be a little fun. I hope so!

 

I start by posting a badge name, and someone replies with a concept (AT, powers, very small backstory) for a Hero or Villain that could use said badge name as their badge title. Extra points if you include a screenshot with costume!  

 

Then in your reply you post another badge name for the next person to use.

 

This was born because sometimes I collect badges and the name of the badge instantly creates a cool concept in my mind! So, lets see if it works for others too? 

If there are multiple replies in quick succession just try pick one of the latest badges that someone hasn't created for. 

 

Okay, so first badge, picked randomly from a Vidiot map I had left open, is:

 

CREY CARES (Crey's Folly exploration badge) 

 

 

  • Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool idea!

 

The first thing that comes to mind is an awakened, freed, "next generation", or otherwise independent Paragon Protector.  You could play this a lot of ways conceptually - you could lean into the horror and the identity crisis aspect which is probably what I'd do, or you could play it up for laughs.  Also while in theory Paragon Protectors could have any powersets, in-game you have 3 patterns - Claw, Power, and Quill. 

 

Name: Paragon Protector MD

Powers: Illusion/Empathy Controller

Bio: 🎶 knockback and heals out the wazoo, that's just what the protectors do 🎶

 

My pick for the next badge: Seeker of Monsters

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't done it myself, but back-in-the-day my husband had a very tanky, very shiny, guardian angel Titan scrap named Principle... His original inspiration was Follow The Light.

 

Seeker of Monsters would have to be a Giant Monster hunting specialist. A big game hunter turned Controller, I'm thinking...

 

I wonder what we could come up with for  Being and Nothingness.

 

 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I wonder what we could come up with for  Being and Nothingness.

The costume comes first to mind.  Horizontal striped shirt and beret, definitely.   Don't really have a cigarette, so use the cigar.  Most of the character's banter binds would be en français.  And call him or her La Résistance, and start out of Praetoria, where their choices have been set. 

 

Take a theme close to my own heart.  What would you make for Strong and Pretty?

  • Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

A male Ss/INV with a baby face dressed really glamorous named Captain Fabulous.

 

An easy one.

Justice Incarnate.

Justice Incarnate, scourge of the underworld.  A being so bent on serving justice he realizes the only way he can further his war on crime is to work outside the law at times.  A quick visit to a certain gull and this vigilante stalks the streets of Paragon and the Rogue Isles looking to right wrongs and protect the innocent...no matter who gets in his way.  I see him as a plain clothes guy as any sort of costume would be too hero or villain.  He's for the people and of the people.

 

My badge suggestion: You should see the other guy.

  • Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sailboat said:

Standard hulking Brute, possibly Titan Weapons...but the costume uses the headless option.

 

My badge suggestion:  Monitor Duty.

Hmmm. Monitor Duty.  Mastermind. Probably Demon Summoning..and not really sure what secondary to use.

 

You're the hall monitor for Angelo's school of demonic arts taking the kiddies out on a field trip.

 

Badge Suggestion: Jailbird  (I actually have a character that uses this one)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was actually going to start a thread similar to this but reverse, putting up a character concept, bio and name and ask which badge and or title to use. 

 

Or did someone already make that thread too? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2020 at 6:35 AM, Heraclea said:

The costume comes first to mind.  Horizontal striped shirt and beret, definitely.   Don't really have a cigarette, so use the cigar.  Most of the character's banter binds would be en français.  And call him or her La Résistance, and start out of Praetoria, where their choices have been set. 

 

Take a theme close to my own heart.  What would you make for Strong and Pretty?

Strong and Pretty, what came to my mind was a young woman who had had a difficult life, and had overcome some pretty bad family/relationship issues. She would have an urban style but a sweetness underneath that still shines through. Sort of like Cherry off of Streets of Rage 4:
 

56FF4515-9748-4792-B5D0-8CAAA2F24845.png.4f12b84d4cce8f8fac448b3c3d45a38a.png


Her strength would be ‘inner strength’ rather than physical strength - the mental strength to survive a traumatic history and come out still shining. 
Im not sure about AT/powers, I would be tempted to say Street Justice/Willpower but I think I’d like to do something more interesting.

I really like the idea of using music as in the picture, but you can’t get guitars, and the sonic sets don’t feel quite right!

 

Maybe Sonic/Martial Blaster? Or Sonic/Pistols Defender? 

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2020 at 2:46 AM, Twisted Toon said:

Hmmm. Monitor Duty.  Mastermind. Probably Demon Summoning..and not really sure what secondary to use.

 

You're the hall monitor for Angelo's school of demonic arts taking the kiddies out on a field trip.

 

Badge Suggestion: Jailbird  (I actually have a character that uses this one)

 

Draft: Felicity Freebird graduated at the top of her class with a degree in business, marketing and public relations. She had posted samples of her work online and had garnered a lot of interest from the corporate world of business, with many companies bidding to hire her. 

After a short bidding war, Felicity took a contract with Crey Corporations to try improve their image with the public and finally dispel the unfair rumours about the corporation. After heading up a successful media campaign for the corporation, Felicity began to be trusted with more sensitive information regarding the company's true agenda. Horrified by what she learned, she compiled a portfolio and brought it to the attention of the Paragon Police Department. 

Unfortunately for Felicity the cops she had brought this information were dirty, and arrested her on the spot for corporate espionage - framing her with the charge that she was attempting to start up her own rival company with this insider knowledge. Crey's lawyers also got involed, and she was sent down for 10 years. 

Felicity Freebird's time in jail changed her. Over the days, months and years that proceeded, she lost her faith in law and order, and society as a whole. The betrayal of the cops was like a knife straight to the heart, especially as they had murdered her parents when she had phoned them for help. 

While in jail, Freebird plotted to avenge her parents, and right the wrongs of the past. Using her professional media skills and charisma, she hosted the prison radio and was able to successfully cause a riot in order to facilitate her escape. The thugs she inspired stayed with her, and together they sought about exacting her plan. Society and law and order had failed her. There was no reason for it to exist anymore. She set out to bring down society as we know it, and rebuild it as she saw fit. One media campaign at a time (and a few broken laws).

 

 

Felicity Freebird (Jailbird?) Villain - Thugs/Empathy or Pain MM, Mind/Psi Dominator, Mind/Pain or Sonic Controller. 

Would definitely be thugs if you could get a female gang ingame rather than male... 

 

Next badge: MASTER ARCHITECT

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

Draft: Felicity Freebird graduated at the top of her class with a degree in business, marketing and public relations. She had posted samples of her work online and had garnered a lot of interest from the corporate world of business, with many companies bidding to hire her. 

After a short bidding war, Felicity took a contract with Crey Corporations to try improve their image with the public and finally dispel the unfair rumours about the corporation. After heading up a successful media campaign for the corporation, Felicity began to be trusted with more sensitive information regarding the company's true agenda. Horrified by what she learned, she compiled a portfolio and brought it to the attention of the Paragon Police Department. 

Unfortunately for Felicity the cops she had brought this information were dirty, and arrested her on the spot for corporate espionage - framing her with the charge that she was attempting to start up her own rival company with this insider knowledge. Crey's lawyers also got involed, and she was sent down for 10 years. 

Felicity Freebird's time in jail changed her. Over the days, months and years that proceeded, she lost her faith in law and order, and society as a whole. The betrayal of the cops was like a knife straight to the heart, especially as they had murdered her parents when she had phoned them for help. 

While in jail, Freebird plotted to avenge her parents, and right the wrongs of the past. Using her professional media skills and charisma, she hosted the prison radio and was able to successfully cause a riot in order to facilitate her escape. The thugs she inspired stayed with her, and together they sought about exacting her plan. Society and law and order had failed her. There was no reason for it to exist anymore. She set out to bring down society as we know it, and rebuild it as she saw fit. One media campaign at a time (and a few broken laws).

 

 

Felicity Freebird (Jailbird?) Villain - Thugs/Empathy or Pain MM, Mind/Psi Dominator, Mind/Pain or Sonic Controller. 

Would definitely be thugs if you could get a female gang ingame rather than male... 

 

Next badge: MASTER ARCHITECT

Master Architect : Hmm Bots/Traps Mastermind came to mind with cyber body. Head is free from cybernetics.

Next badge: Couldn't Care Less

Edited by Darkneblade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Darkneblade said:

Next badge: Couldn't Care Less

Already exists:

 

Whiskeywoman.thumb.png.3f5f82ecae0da1cb34f2358bd008edd9.png

 

Next badge suggestion: Losing Paradise.

  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...