Who would get the most use out of the complete Fighting pool?

jacehan

Merc/Force FIeld or Merc/Sonic might pair nicely with Fighting as well. Sonic and Force Field are very passive, 'set it and forget it' sets, with a few skippable powers if you are so inclined. Mercs lack a 'tank' pet, except maybe sorta the Commando. So buffing up the pets with sonic/force bubbles, and then charging into melee tankerminding with Fighting skills and maybe even a splash of Presence could work pretty well. Especially if you keep the minions close to you for Supremacy. It might be tricky keeping pets alive without a heal, but Medicine does a pretty decent job of patching up minions, since Force Field gives such crazy defense, combined with MM auras. It also works thematically, if you are a commander who believes in the 'lead from the front' school of thought. 

The nice thing about MM's is that the mastermind themself isn't really expected to do much damage, so the Fighting powers (or Force of Will, which is what my thugs/force MM uses) don't need to compete with 'real' attacks. And if you take a very passive secondary like Force Field you don't have too many debuffs or secondary things to juggle. So you can justify closing in and focusing on beating an enemy up. And the Fighting attacks have such short cooldowns/activation times, and reasonably high Disorient/knock chances, that you can pretty effectively lock down an enemy. Toss in Air Superiority and you can definitely serve to take priority threats out of the fight while your minions go to town. 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:40 AM, MTeague said:

Interesting.  Would Boxing/Kick/Crosspunch get the Punch-Voke/Poke-Voke effect when used by a Tanker/Brute?

Or would the extra AE / stronger punches come at some expense of aggro management?

Or do you toss in the occasional Jab to get in misc taunting punches?

So I tested this out and according to the combat log, my tanker's gauntlet executes its Taunt AoE for all of the fighting pool attacks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 6/16/2020 at 4:20 AM, parabola said:

Getting us back on track. Given that masterminds would seem decent candidates for this with their limited and end heavy attack options a thugs mm would seem fitting from a theme perspective if nothing else. Thugs aren't all melee so it wouldn't have that synergy but a thug leading other thugs and getting stuck into the fight themselves has a good ring to it. You'd need a secondary that gave you the room to pick up a lot of pool choices though.

Tiiiiime is on my side. Yes it is!

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Between this thread and some general rhetoric on the topic of the Fighting Pool, I pulled the trigger on making "The MAN" (as referenced on page one) and... it is just silly and deeply amusing to run around and watch a Defender KICK something and send it flying back a couple feet, then wind up this absurd Cross Punch, toss down some Caltrops, gut punch something else, drop a Poison Trap, things start choking, pull out an assault rifle and go Full Auto for a second, and then back to fisticuffs. And things die get arrested!

And no one has questioned it. Many haven't even noticed it. I've had people excited just to see a Traps Defender, and I chuckled at the idea of how non-typical it is. "Oh awesome, classic Traps/AR!" 😉

• Like 2