Enhancement converter

Garrickwest

Hey guys, 

Maybe there's a post of this that I haven't seen but when converting enhancements is it completely random or is there any pattern?
If I wanna convert & sell on the market is there a pattern to follow to get to like a "health" enhancement", or a "resist damage" enhancement?

Or is it completely random?
Sometimes i get what i want doing the random convert like 5-10x, but then other times i may convert like 20-30x see the same ones over and over before it gets to something i want.

There are level ranges you can try and stick to in order to maximize your potential to hit a certain sets, but the conversion process is, as you guessed, totally random.

I've never seen a detailed explanation of the process by anyone who has access to the code, but from a lot of personal experience, it feels like a random process.  I do notice streaks when the same set or even particular IO in the set shows up two or three times in a 5-10 convert shuffle, but I'm chalking that one off to observer bias.

It sounds like you are talking about converting by rarity.  I am very confident that when you convert by rarity, you cannot get another IO in the same set.  (You definitely can get an IO in the same complex, like "defense")  What I do not know, and I would like to know for the sake of education, is whether the random seed chooses [random IO of that rarity outside of original set], or [random IO set other than original set], [random IO within new IO set].  For all intents and purposes, it really doesn't make much of a difference, but it would have an impact on the probability distribution.  And frankly, I'm just not willing to chronicle a few thousand conversions to find out.

Who run Bartertown?

11 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I do notice streaks when the same set or even particular IO in the set shows up two or three times in a 5-10 convert shuffle, but I'm chalking that one off to observer bias.

Two-off.

8 hours ago, tidge said:

Two-off.

Or three off! 

It is worth repeating that random does mean uniform.  It is highly likely that within a random string of results, there will be streaks or even what look like patterns.  Those streaks & patterns won't persist across a whole random set, but any sample may contain one.  We just have to be careful not to draw conclusions from a small sample size.  But it is the nature of the human mind to look for patterns.  When we see clouds that look like animals or an island that looks like the profile of George Bernard Shaw, that doesn't mean that that is in fact what they are - it is a testament to the ability of the human mind to notice similarities or patterns in things that may actually be the result of random chance.  That is both our strength & weakness as humans.

• Like 3

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 1 month later

Four-off!!

I usually craft and convert 30-40 at a time and I'll notice this on a "per session" basis. The conversion process gets stuck in this loop of certain rolls. I'll come back later in the day, or the next day, convert another 30 or 40, and start seeing the same patterns again but often with a different IO's. Sometimes I'll have great "luck" in a session and it's very lucrative, and sometimes it's trash, but it definitely does happen. You can often tell what kind of session it's going to be after about 5 rolls.

17 hours ago, SuperDan said:

Four-off!!

I usually craft and convert 30-40 at a time and I'll notice this on a "per session" basis. The conversion process gets stuck in this loop of certain rolls. I'll come back later in the day, or the next day, convert another 30 or 40, and start seeing the same patterns again but often with a different IO's. Sometimes I'll have great "luck" in a session and it's very lucrative, and sometimes it's trash, but it definitely does happen. You can often tell what kind of session it's going to be after about 5 rolls.

Yep.  I haven't looked at the code, but it looks like the seed for the RNG doesn't get refreshed/generated quite correctly or they tied it into the same code/copied the same code that does the combat RNG and forgot about the streak breaker.  I've seen it get stuck on certain sets just pinging back and forth for a good many rolls which a proper RNG shouldn't do.  

On 7/22/2020 at 9:09 AM, Ura Hero said:

Yep.  I haven't looked at the code, but it looks like the seed for the RNG doesn't get refreshed/generated quite correctly or they tied it into the same code/copied the same code that does the combat RNG and forgot about the streak breaker.  I've seen it get stuck on certain sets just pinging back and forth for a good many rolls which a proper RNG shouldn't do.  

Yes. This, exactly.

• 5 weeks later
On 7/24/2020 at 12:02 AM, SuperDan said:

Yes. This, exactly.

I swear to god if I have another day where converting a defense set to another defense set bounces back and forth between gift of the ancients and karma 20 fucking times I'm going to reach through my screen and punch the server in the face. 

• Haha 3