Best toon to pair with an ice/ice blaster?

As pointed out already a blaster is at risk of face planting which will just spoil things from the start.

Pick some kind of defender or controller and use that to help keep her in the game and feel the power.

Later on you can maybe even swap over the alts to give her a taste of a different play style while you do the blasting. Increasing her appreciation of the game.

6 Months time, she is owning your ass in PVP😁

I'd like to clarify my point earlier... as judging from several violent reactions. Blasters are not weak. They are hard to play IMHO thus requiring a bit more skill than someone just starting with the game. Hence the face-planting blaster is limited to newbs like me. But having played more Blasters as well as other ATs in the past year, I can definitely attest to the fallacy of my earlier statement especially if taken in a vacuum and tainted with the Blaster vs Sentinel bias.

My vote would also be to run a second blaster.  Duo blasters are a blast (pardon the pun). 

Ice blast does great dps. It is slightly more single target focused than some other sets. It can stack holds on bosses. 

I suggest a dual pistols / martial combat blaster.  You can take the alpha and wipe out the trash with your high AoE damage. Your wife can supplement the AoE with blizzard and focus on the bosses with her single target excellence. 

I honestly think the most fun would be two blasters. 

Edited by Saikochoro

• Retired Lead Game Master

What about an Ice/Ice Dom? Or Ice/Cold Controller? Yall could do matching themes/names/costumes and be a real duo. That seems super cute, post pics when you guys get some stuff done! 

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

no one suggested an ice tanker?  hoovers up aggro to keep the blaster safe, always soaking the alpha, taunt to pull anything off her.

Ice/Ice tanks are super fun. Slot EA with end mod and you're also a sapper. Baddies can't kill the blaster with no end. 

I also made an ultimate aggro hoover with ice/spines (made the spines look like ice...mostly).

Ice/Spines is a bit of a unicorn but it soaks up aggro like it's a hot dog eating contest. 

Edited by Android Nim