Slotting Water Spout

Sgt. Terminus

I am going with Water Spout on my Ice/Bio stalker and wondering what to slot in it.  I want to use it, not just for a mule,  since I can use it as a temporary pet while I use my ice attacks to build Assassin's Focus.   I was thinking FF+Recharge for sure but not sure about the rest.  I have read recommendations to just put all proc's but I would think you want some recharge reduction to use it more often.  Not looking for any particular set bonuses but I wouldn't turn them down either.  Curious what has worked well for others.  Thanks!

Ff is not great in waterspout. It is a practically guaranteed fire on summon, but it can't fire after that since the pet itself doesn't benefit from the procs. That's not a lot of up time.

If you don't have a place to put the two resistance procs it takes it is a good spot for those or 5 of the Ragnarok set. There's no reason to do a kb to kd either, as it does knockup, not knockback.

Edited by Microcosm

yeah skip the FF +rech in pseudo pets unless you are going wild and putting it in all your longer recharge powers.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

12 minutes ago, kiramon said:

Oops on the kd. 

but the ff proc is still worth it IMO like it’s worth it in tornado. Just little less so.

a lot less so. 

Waterspout has a rech of 180 sec. Even with slotting and good global rech you are  looking at 50+ seconds between uses. ff-rech is a 5 sec buff. 

A stormy can get off 3 tornados in that amount of time. 

Up to you but there is likely better places to spend said slot. 

33 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

a lot less so. 

Waterspout has a rech of 180 sec. Even with slotting and good global rech you are  looking at 50+ seconds between uses. ff-rech is a 5 sec buff. 

A stormy can get off 3 tornados in that amount of time. 

Up to you but there is likely better places to spend said slot. 

Which would make it about equal to a lotg no ?

34 minutes ago, kiramon said:

Which would make it about equal to a lotg no ?

Yes, if you already have a high recharge build and you cast it everytime it recharges it will be similar to a lotg for your long cool downs, but have little benefit on your short cool downs. 

The more global recharge you have to better the ff-back would be in waterspout, but the less you'd likely need/benefit from the recharge.

Depends what you expect in the end. 

• 1 month later