Conversion lock

Since nothing has been even acknowledged that i could see on the subject by the nudevs, going to post again with an updated idea as well for the conversion tab.

For one, we need that option for converting to category type, rather than rarity to stay locked and not revert back to to rarity every time we put a new IO in the wheel.

This can be done simply by eliminating the drop down, and just having it as another radial check option.

Next, it would be nice if it would also lock the IO in the converter, so that you don't have to keep dragging and dropping it there if you don't get the desired IO, then all you have to do is keep clicking the convert button until you get what you want.

A third option that would be nice, after locking the IO in place and selecting what you want it to convert to, would be to have an automatic roulette, where you pick the IO you want, and it keeps converting until you either get that IO or set, or you run out of converters. That way you don't have to keep clicking the convert button.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As to the last suggestion, per coding the way it would work is to basically have that spot where you convert be an extra "tray" slot, so that when the IO changes, it's still on the "wheel" and not in the tray, so it doesn't have to keep showing what it was before, only what it currently is. So when you move the IO from your enhancement tray to the converter "wheel" it no longer shows in that tray slot, as it's now on the wheel.

The first, I'd love to have, yeah. I know I've missed that changing and misconverted at times.

The second... I don't know if it's feasable, since it is a different IO.

The third, I don't think I'd ever use. I've run across some "Oh, wait, that would work out nicely!" IOs while trying to convert to something else. I'd hate to miss out on those.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

24 minutes ago, Greycat said:

The first, I'd love to have, yeah. I know I've missed that changing and misconverted at times.

The second... I don't know if it's feasable, since it is a different IO.

The third, I don't think I'd ever use. I've run across some "Oh, wait, that would work out nicely!" IOs while trying to convert to something else. I'd hate to miss out on those.

You might not, but I and i'm sure many other people would like it. Also the second and third ideas work by my last post, see above.

Also, for the third, you probably wouldn't do it on rarity because of that, but for type, like any other defense IO, trying to convert to a LOTG it would be invaluable to save time and clicks. Or even an ATO/Winter/Purple to another type you want.

Edited by WindDemon21

Which is why I said, very specifically, "I don't think I'd ever use." Which does not discount other people using or liking it.

And I read the other post. I still do not know that it would work the way you think. But that's why I said I don't know.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

Which is why I said, very specifically, "I don't think I'd ever use." Which does not discount other people using or liking it.

And I read the other post. I still do not know that it would work the way you think. But that's why I said I don't know.

It would be automatically refreshing that way, if it was it's own slot, not just a display.

20 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Since nothing has been even acknowledged that i could see on the subject by the nudevs, going to post again with an updated idea as well for the conversion tab.

For one, we need that option for converting to category type, rather than rarity to stay locked and not revert back to to rarity every time we put a new IO in the wheel.

This can be done simply by eliminating the drop down, and just having it as another radial check option.

Next, it would be nice if it would also lock the IO in the converter, so that you don't have to keep dragging and dropping it there if you don't get the desired IO, then all you have to do is keep clicking the convert button until you get what you want.

A third option that would be nice, after locking the IO in place and selecting what you want it to convert to, would be to have an automatic roulette, where you pick the IO you want, and it keeps converting until you either get that IO or set, or you run out of converters. That way you don't have to keep clicking the convert button.

I'm going to be completely selfish here, and ask the question, "What will best suit Yomo?"  The tradeoff is what will make my life easier without making it so much easier for others that competition ramps up.  Like I said, totally selfish.

1.  Absolutely.  Adding a third radio button would be a huge QoL for mass converters, especially since converting by category is the real inf maker.  I'm willing to give up making it easier for everyone in exchange for making it easier for me.  +1

2.  Abstaining.  I understand that it's a pain when mass converting, but since I *think* that many/most individuals who use the convert function don't do it in huge quantities, I think that having to drag it each time prevents accidental conversion.  0

3.  Rejecting, but for selfish reasons.  I think a lot of people would love this, but don't actually realize how many converters it may take in order to get exactly what you want, so I think that people will burn through more converters than they expect and spend more money on converters and actually lose inf on the IOs they then post.  Frankly, I don't care if they make or lose money, but there would be a HUGE supply of everything in demand, which would put a damper on prices and therefore negatively affect me.  -1

But I do like the way you think!

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

32 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm going to be completely selfish here, and ask the question, "What will best suit Yomo?"  The tradeoff is what will make my life easier without making it so much easier for others that competition ramps up.  Like I said, totally selfish.

1.  Absolutely.  Adding a third radio button would be a huge QoL for mass converters, especially since converting by category is the real inf maker.  I'm willing to give up making it easier for everyone in exchange for making it easier for me.  +1

2.  Abstaining.  I understand that it's a pain when mass converting, but since I *think* that many/most individuals who use the convert function don't do it in huge quantities, I think that having to drag it each time prevents accidental conversion.  0

3.  Rejecting, but for selfish reasons.  I think a lot of people would love this, but don't actually realize how many converters it may take in order to get exactly what you want, so I think that people will burn through more converters than they expect and spend more money on converters and actually lose inf on the IOs they then post.  Frankly, I don't care if they make or lose money, but there would be a HUGE supply of everything in demand, which would put a damper on prices and therefore negatively affect me.  -1

But I do like the way you think!

I can get behind your rationing for the 2nd and 3rd suggestions, like i said would be nice but the absolute main thing is that first idea needs to be in place, but options 2 and 3 wouldn't HAVE to be used, it would just be an option, but I think the 2nd would be more necessary than the third, cause dragging and dropping constantly gets reallllly annoying, more than just clicking to reroll if you don't get what you want. Personally the less you have to use the mouse for stuff the better, more opportunity to overshoot and takes more focus to not mess up somehow or not put it in the right spot. That may be an OCD thing for me, or just a focus thing when i feel tired, but it's a constant annoyance that doesn't need to be there.

• 4 weeks later
  • 9 months later
On 7/27/2020 at 3:59 PM, WindDemon21 said:

Just realized the answer is also obviously right in front of our faces. Simply right click on the enhancement, and have the option to convert to set, type, and rarity, with corresponding letters for each function.

Any chance we could see this soon pleaseeeeeee!

• 2 months later
  • 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Dear LORD please fix this first thing before anything else. Nothing is more annoying than having to click that dumb drop  down EVERY time to change it to category. At the very least just make these radial buttons, but please do SOMETHING ASAP, if not the proper ability to also right click on the IO, and hopefully a "automatic roll" till you get what you specify.

I think one more thing that could stand to be locked is this thread, since the last ~3.5 months have been necro posts by the OP.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, macskull said:

I think one more thing that could stand to be locked is this thread, since the last ~3.5 months have been necro posts by the OP.

FYI, ignoring the problem doesn't make it not a problem anymore. The squeaky wheel gets the oil etc and so forth. This has been an issue for a long time, if not an overhaul to optimize it, at the VERY least for the love of God make it so the drop down from category doesn't RESET after conversion, and instead stays on your last choice aka category.

Squeaky wheel doesn’t always get the grease.  Sometimes it gets thrown in the trash, and replaced with a shiny, new, quieter wheel.

Sometimes the noise goes on so long, that you grow immune to it - and thus, never fixed.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Squeaky wheel doesn’t always get the grease.  Sometimes it gets thrown in the trash, and replaced with a shiny, new, quieter wheel.

Sometimes the noise goes on so long, that you grow immune to it - and thus, never fixed.

Ah capitalism at it's finest.

Also if that were true you would be ignoring it and not posting on here :).

But in all seriousness, it's sad you choose to be malicious rather than supportive of something that would only benefit even if you personally don't care, where others clearly do.

Didn’t think I was being malicious.  Sorry you took it that way.   I never once said I didn’t agree or thought it was a waste of time.

I didn’t bash the idea in any way.  I only joked with you about how much you were begging.

Guess I shoulda known better.

People in this section are easily offended when someone doesn’t openly back their suggestion 1000%.

Ill move on.  Good luck with your quest.

On third option, I was thinking of having a set cost for converting to what you want.

Cost would be based on the "average" number of converters it would take to statistically get the one you want.

(The nicer option is what the OP proposes with the statistical likelihood being the max price)

• Like 1