New challenge/competition ideas?

Is it possible to have multiple leagues take down Lusca all at once?  Or even a single full league.  I'd sign up, especially if there were a badge involved for league coordination to completely eliminate all limbs & head within a brief time from each other.  Kinds of like eliminating the Twins in Drowning In Blood, only this one is 9 targets instead of two.

• Like 1

I like to play where defeat actually means something occasionally. If your character suffers defeat - you delete it. I make allowances if I'm on a team with others to finish the task at hand first, but otherwise, respec the IOs out, and start over. Further, I may start at 1 player, +0 difficulty, but at level 10, I raise it to 2 players/+1, level 20 will be 3 players/+2, level 30 is 4 players/+3, level 40 is 5 players/+4. 

I'm doing this now with a blaster and am level 15. So far, so good. I do not like my chances, as I'm having to get leadership and fight pool long before I'm really ready for it endurance-wise,, but I'll be needing the defense a little more, I think. I am on Goldside now, so I don't foresee any teaming until maybe when I get to red side. I anticipate hitting blue side at level 40 or so. 

I was able to do this once before - and got to level 50 +2, only being defeated in a DE monster scrum in the Hive during a hami raid. I should've let the tanks go in first, lol. 

If you really want to go hardcore - don't use p2w. It's been since shut down since I've done gold side content as a lowbie, so this time around I opted for some p2w assistance. Depending on how things go, I may forgo p2w next time around. 

Edited by Ukase

On 7/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, Herotu said:

I'd like to see a rolling costume competition. No standing around - the competition happens in action! (hard for the judges, but should be interesting as a one-off).

If I'm understanding you correctly, I am actually working on something very similar to this as we speak... :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

@Ukase, I've been doing this on an off for the past few months. Same toon as he keeps dying. But my rules are slightly different.

No deaths, no respec, no purchasing from AH or recipes (only selling), no help from alts (inf/IOs), no AE farms, no DFB, no XP boost

TFs are allowed only if they are equal or lower than my current level... but I find them risky
I do allow temp powers from P2W lady like frag/stun grenades, jet pack, reveal (which I don't use unless there's a straggler I really can't locate).
1-19 = +0x1, 20-29 = +1x1 - x2, 30-39 = +2x2 - x4, 40-49 = +3x3 - x6, 50-T4 alpha = +4x4-x8. it ends when I've equipped T4 alpha.

After the first couple of deaths, I grew tired of transferring his assets (inf, IOs, recipes, salvage, merits) so I just start from scratch every time. same toon, Soldier of Arachnos.

PS. In one death, I got one-shot by a Rikti drop ship in Port Oakes. In another, I thought I exited the game, but the toon stayed on and got pummelled while I was busy doing RL stuff. 😃

• Haha 1

Now that's hardcore and filthy crazy. I like you.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:01 AM, Six Six said:

@Ukase, I've been doing this on an off for the past few months. Same toon as he keeps dying. But my rules are slightly different.

No deaths, no respec, no purchasing from AH or recipes (only selling), no help from alts (inf/IOs), no AE farms, no DFB, no XP boost

TFs are allowed only if they are equal or lower than my current level... but I find them risky
I do allow temp powers from P2W lady like frag/stun grenades, jet pack, reveal (which I don't use unless there's a straggler I really can't locate).
1-19 = +0x1, 20-29 = +1x1 - x2, 30-39 = +2x2 - x4, 40-49 = +3x3 - x6, 50-T4 alpha = +4x4-x8. it ends when I've equipped T4 alpha.

After the first couple of deaths, I grew tired of transferring his assets (inf, IOs, recipes, salvage, merits) so I just start from scratch every time. same toon, Soldier of Arachnos.

PS. In one death, I got one-shot by a Rikti drop ship in Port Oakes. In another, I thought I exited the game, but the toon stayed on and got pummelled while I was busy doing RL stuff. 😃

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

On 7/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, Falsey said:

So, other than soloing TFs, speedruns, costume & naming competitions...

What other challenges or competitions would be fun to run?

No Enhancements, no Inspies, T1 Incarnates Only Incarnate Trials!

It nets you a "WTF?" (like MO) of [NORMAL BADGE NAME]

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I'm not as hard core as the post might have led you to believe. The operative line is "he keeps dying" 😃

I have other non-traditional ways to mix things up:

1) Pure Vigilante/Rogue. This means the toon's on his own and not part of the mainstream Paragon/Isles. So he's limited to street sweeping and radio/paper missions and tips. Every now and then one of my toons helps out in invasions or shadows a lowbie to heal them or offer support (slows, sleeps, confuse) while remaining undetected. I try to dress them up as commoners as well 😃

2) Architect. I'm keen into getting into making custom maps and arcs. So a couple of my toons just does AE content in a sort of internship manner. Learn by copying??? Yes Fire Farms are part of the learning experience.

3) Pure Sidekick. This guy has a bit of inferiority complex. He won't go and talk to contacts on his own (in his head, the contacts don't recognise him). So he tags along on higher level heroes/villains. I limit his attacks and powers on purpose (don't want to overshadow the hero). Sometimes, I'm cannon fodder, sometimes I'm the distraction, or the sneak that finds the glowie while the stronger ones duke it out. I don't tell them what's going on, but they're usually friends rather than total strangers and they put up with me.

4) Forge your own path. One thing I like about this game is that it's designed like the "choose your own adventure" books where one choice will give you a different path/fork of choices to follow. The consequence isn't always there, but it's immersive enough that each toon lives their own story through the contacts they take. So I try to remember which contacts I've taken, and with other toons, I make it a point to choose the other contact.