High Pain Threshold

Florian1

So I am trying to figure out what I am missing for High Pain Threshold.    I decided to start a badge toon and it looks to me like I have everything.   I currently have Bad luck, Gangbuster, Spider Smasher, Relentless, Locked and Loaded, Freak of Nature and Technofreak.    I have a screen shot of all these badges.   My character is a full villain.    Am I missing something stupid?   I feel like I am.  Any help would be very much appreciated.     

I did do that.   I was told to try a pop menu(?) to try and see what I am missing as well as check the wiki.   I feel a bit more confident now that I haven't missed anything.   Thank you again for you advice.   

Bugs aside 4 possible reasons come to my mind why an accolade isn't granted:

1. the obvious: missing badges

2. wrong alignment (Hero/Vigilante) vs (Villain/Rogue)

3. one badge mistaken for another (I once was convinced to have Strike Buster, but had Gangbuster)

4. badge rewarded already, but went unnoticed (HP/End accolades are passive powers and could be disabled under Options > Windows > Status Window Buff Display)

If really none of this applies to your toon, it'S time for a /petition as mentioned above already.

Edited by Lex Talion

18 minutes ago, Florian1 said:

I was told to try a pop menu(?)

Whomever told you that might have been referring to my variation of the Alphabetic Badge List popmenu. My version shows all the requisite badges for things like accolades, and indicates whether or not you have obtained that badge. It might be a good way to double-check that you have all the correct badges.

To use it, place the .mnu file from the post in the link above in: <your game install>/data/texts/<your game language>/menus

In-game, the menu can be spawned either from a keybind or a macro:

/bind <your preferred key> popmenu BadgeSetList

/macro <your macro abbreviation> popmenu BadgeSetList

Lex, Thank you.   I will try to see if it is disabled next time I log inLet,

ATC, I have no doubt that you have created a powerful tool.  I will do my best to install it.   If I remember right,  even vidiotmaps gave me trouble.   100% due to operator error.  

For reference,  here is the "screenshot" I have of the badges.   As far as I know, you can't select a badge title unless you have earned the badge.

20200713_235008-picsay.jpg

Not sure if this is the issue but I see a discrepancy between the wiki (which matches your screenshot) and the listing on the Badger site. The Badger site lists 'Deathless' instead of 'Relentless', with all other requirements matching. So, there is some confusion between the game, the wiki, and Badger, and I am honestly not sure which one is right. To add to that, 'Deathless' requires paying off 400k in debt, and 'Relentless' USED to be the badge for paying off 200k in debt, but was changed in Issue 25 to a damage dealt badge. The 200k debt badge is now 'The Unbroken Spirit' for both heroes and villains. Clear as mud now?

I think what you need to do is start paying off debt towards earning 'The Unbroken Spirit' (assuming you don't have it already). If 'High Pain Threshold' does not award after earning 'The Unbroken Spirit', then keep on paying off debt until you earn 'Deathless' and see if 'High Pain Threshold' awards then. Whatever happens, please let us know in this thread and I will correct the wiki and/or Badger to make sure this gets cleared up. Once it is cleared up, it would be worth making a post in the typos thread to get it cleared up in-game too.

Edit: I can actually test this on the test server, give me a moment and I will clear it up.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
testing!
  • Like 1

Justed tested it on the Test server, it's 'The Unbroken Spirit' badge that you need (200k debt paid) instead of 'Relentless'. I'll try to get the wiki and Badger sites updated within the next day or three.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Florian1 said:

Thank you so much!   I am at work today so I will check to see if I have the badge tonight and get back with my findings.   This community has always been amazing!

My pleasure! Do you mind if I use your screenshot above to post the issue in the Typo thread? I've updated the wiki and submitted the updates to Badger (the site owner will need to push those updates live). I updated my popmenu (the one I mentioned above) as well but I need to test it this evening before I upload the updated version.

So, you hit the nail on the head Chemist.   Logged in tonight, got the first 3 debt badges and got my accolade.   

Also, since I didn't know this, to get the debt badges was pretty simple.   I used the XP booster so I had a bunch of rested XP.   Then just died and went to the hospital a bunch of times in a row.   No need to "work it off" like before the snap.   Very easy.     Thanks again

• Like 3