Report Typos Here!

Widower

• City Council

Feel free to post all the typos you find in game here. Please try to avoid duplicate reports. No, this is not serious enough to get you Bug Hunter.

• Haha 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

• Widower changed the title to Report Typos Here!

Here are some I have found. First, I've attached a text file with the names of various enhancements and recipes that have an extra space following the colon at the end of the enhancement name.

Along those lines, I've also attached an image (pvp_recipes.jpg) showing a trend I have noticed with the PVP recipes in that most of the PVP enhancement recipes that I have seen don't have the '(recipe)' at the end of the recipe name. I have not exhaustively checked all PVP recipe names, and the screenshot only includes a couple of examples for Gladiator's Armor, but I have seen several others that fit this pattern. A quick look in the auction house would turn up several other examples.

The last two screenshots are from mission text, both of which are missions given by the contact Maharaj in Dark Astoria. The first (da_mission1.jpg) is text from the Circle Mage NPC in the Death Magic mission. Instead of dialog text, the chat displays the text reference/index number (I'm not sure exactly what it is called) for the corresponding dialog. The number shown is P856364347 and from my basic understanding of how the game data packed within the pigg files works, there should be a set of text associated with that reference number. The second screenshot (da_mission2.jpg) is system text from the To Catch a <Character> mission. After defeating the portal of summoning, there is a line that simply says 'text'. I have observed each of these mission text bugs multiple times.

pvp_recipes.jpg

da_mission1.jpg

da_mission2.jpg

enh_names_extra_space.txt

I've done a whole lot of fighting on blueside against the Freakshow, and all of the missions that mention their leader spell his name "Dreck".

Now I'm doing the redside "The Cult of the Shaper" arc from Diviner Maros on Sharkhead Isle, and the text keeps spelling it "Drek".

I'm not sure if this is exactly a "typo", but on the "Rescue Coldwell Heirs" mission (part of the Scroll of Tielekku arc), after rescuing Debbie I go back to find and rescue Duncan. As I'm leading Duncan out, the mission window text says, "Lead Debbie Out!".

1552330501_CityofHeroesScreenshot2020_01.14-22_17_08_08.thumb.png.bfb0cfa202fc0f20bf336d2f265f8ac0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks to be typo related since it doesn't affect the power, just the description:

When opening up Winter Packs on current Beta (Jan 16), the reward for "Build Snow Beast" shows in the Character Item Tab:

---

Subject: P30408486

P30408486

Available: 18

---

If claimed, you still get the power to Build Snow Beast, and the claim icon shows the proper icon.

• Thanks 1

And another one:

---

Subject: P3374726338

P3374726338

Available: 1

----

This one is claimed as Opportunity Strikes: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge (Sentinel)

Opportunity Strikes: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance (Sentinel) is similar, but I didn't get the P#

• Like 1

Getting close to a nightstalker huntmaster gives this kind of dialogue:

[NPC] Huntmaster: NIGHTWARD_NIGHTSTALKERS_FIGHT_APP_INACTIVE_TEXT
[NPC] Huntmaster: NIGHTWARD_NIGHTSTALKERS_FIGHT_APP_ALERTED_TEXT

Also since latest patch, text for "Build Snow Beast" is missing.

p304_snowbeast.png

In the merit vendor, under controller enhancements there is an entire set whose names appear to have been replaced by a generic file numbering system.
The set is Overpowering Presence. All the information is still there the listing just looks wonky.
I wouldn't be surprise if whatever made the change to this set also affected more but this is the one I found so it's all I've got to report. I used the in-game reporting but was pointed to this thread.

OPText.jpg

• Like 1

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

Deputy Assistant of Information in Nova Praetoria, "Check out the Clockwork Disturbance". I'm staring down a Lieutenant called Dismantler whose description is BOSS_DISPLAYINFO. I've never done Praetoria before so I don't know if this is just a regular Lieutenant or mission-specific.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, GM Widower said:

Feel free to post all the typos you find in game here. Please try to avoid duplicate reports. No, this is not serious enough to get you Bug Hunter.

I refused that badge on live and wouldn’t take it if you paid me to.🤣 Fixing game bugs is it’s own reward.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I'll take the badge, if offered!

Anyway, the badge for "Avoids the Green Stuff" has a grammatical error, I think...?

"You defeated Anti-Matter at the Keyes Island Reactor without letting a member of your league get caught in a Obliteration Beam."

I think it's supposed to be "...an Obliteration Beam."

Er...  Not that I'm subtly bragging about having the "Avoids the Green Stuff" badge!  Heh!

• Haha 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Just noticed one in Storm Elemental Lore Incarnate powers. All variants that should mention a Tempest Elemental in their text in the incarnate window instead say Diviner. Core, Total and Partial Core Imrpoved and Core and Radial Superior all have the same exact text error. The text is correct in the actual power descriptions if you right click to bring it up, but in the Incarnate powers window where you craft them it has the wrong name for the boss essence.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

When making a new costume on my Sonic/Time blaster, I noticed that the names on the alternate animations of many of the sonic attack powers are not displayed properly. In particular these names are shown:

Shriek: P3445339854PowerTheme and P3731112269PowerTheme

Scream: P1655068919PowerTheme and P1905897332PowerTheme

Howl: P2256814786PowerTheme and P1522690608PowerTheme

Shockwave: no issue

Shout: P219280805PowerTheme and P268654201PowerTheme

Amplify: P2294559644PowerTheme and P4234600177PowerTheme

Siren's Song: no issue

Screech: P10115004PowerTheme and P1949874897PowerTheme

Dreadful Wail: no issue

These were not this way when I created the character a month ago, and I don't know if other power sets are seeing something similar.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

The descriptions for the Prestige Enhancements reads.
" thus increasing a power's damage by -500.0%"  Instead of 16.7%.

Clockwork Efficiency, Resistance Tactics, Sydicate Techniques and Will of the Seers. Are effected by this Might of the empire is correct.

Spelling.PNG

I too have spotted a couple of typos, one when you first talk to Master Midnight and you go through his missions (he says "Irrelevent and it is "Irrelevant", thus is this which I found. And also in the missions with Alec Parson, I spotted the word "Anomoly" which is supposed to be "Anomaly"

Typo.JPG

spelling error 1.JPG

• Like 1