There Can Be Only One!

Saikochoro

All of your alts are the immortals.  They have fought each other until only a few remain. The Gathering has commenced. The remaining few must fight to the death. There can be only one. Who will win the Prize?

While all of my alts have fought valiantly best, only 4 remain for The Gathering.

- Saiko - Dual Pistols / Martial Combat Blaster. 

- Kurayami - Dark Melee / Shield Defense Scrapper.

- Sinja - Ninja Blade / Energy Aura Stalker. 
- Itami - Savage Melee / Energy Aura Brute. 

Sinja stalks Kurayami to a dark parking garage in Peregrine Island.  Intending to finish the fight before it begins, Sinja gathers his strength a focused it on his specialty strike from the shadows. To his dismay the strike glances off Kurayami’s shield that was raised just in time. Now fully aware of the threat, Kurayami takes advantage of Sinja’s failed strike and bashes him with his shield. The fight ebbs and flows as they trade blows, but as it progresses Sinjas superior conditioning gives him the advantage. Near victory Sinja pushes with everything he has, but in a last ditch effort Kuraymai becomes one with his shield.  A burst of the Quickening ensues three lucky strikes from Kurayami as he finishes his foe and absorbs his energy. 

Miles away on top of a large warehouse in Independence Port, Saiko looks down at his target on the ground below. As he lines up an opening salvo when the brute savagely leaps up to his perch on top the warehouse.  In a burst of speed, Saiko leaps back and fire off the first shot.  Saiko has the advantage of range, but the brute is relentless and seems to only grow stronger with each hit. Closing the gap, Itami viciously rips at Saiko.  His blows nearly end the fight, but Saiko manages to channel his ki into a massive push the knows the brute off the edge of the building.  Still struggling on the ground, a piercing bullet rips through his skull, and Itami’s energy is absorbed by Saiko. 

They meet on a small dirt hill near the monorail in Talos Island.  Kurayami stands shield at the ready staring into the eyes of the gunman opposite him. Saiko answers the glare with a flourish of his pistols tossing them in the air and then firing a double shot at the knight. Kurayami easily blocks the attack and leaps to Saiko to bash him with his shield. Known for his reaction time, Saiko leaps back in a burst of speed.  Saiko rains bullets on Kuraymai as he approaches, but each bullet merely pings off the shield. Right as he get near, Saiko unleashes a full on hail of bullets, many of which rip through his opponent. 

Weathering the storm of attacks with half his strength left, Kurayami unleashes his fiercest attack on Saiko.  The devastating attack immobilizes him as though gripped by some unseen force. Kurayami follows up with another unholy attack the siphons the life right out of Saiko and gives it to him. Kurayami then begins to drains Saiko’s soul for additional power in preparation to smite his foe to the ground. 

Near collapse, Saiko drops his pistols. He closes his eyes, channels his inner will and breaks free of the midnight grasp. Slowing time around him, Saiko leaps into the air and kicks Kurayami in the face. Leaping backwards, he follows up with a powerful ki strike to the chest the pushes Kurayami backward in a slow motion.  Saiko then jumps up with a spinning kick that knocks Kurayami on his back.  Picking up his pistols Saiko walks over to the prone man. 

On the ground gasping for breath, Kurayami looks up at Saiko as he levels a single gun at his head. Kurayami closes his eyes and does not see the flash of the muzzle. The last thing he hears is a ringing blast. He does not hear Saiko proclaim, “There Can Be Only One!” not does see massive eruption of Quickening as Saiko wins The Prize. 

Who of your alts will make it to the time of The Gathering? Who will be defeated in the final fight? Who will proclaim, “There Can Be Only One!” and win The Prize?

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 3

Just don't make a sequel cause that'll ruin the franchise.  Prequel series is ok, but no more movies.  Trust me on this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Just don't make a sequel cause that'll ruin the franchise.  Prequel series is ok, but no more movies.  Trust me on this.

Im always of 2 minds on this. While I love the original highlander for a lot of reasons, its lead actor being basically blind without glasses and flailing away in the fight scenes makes what should be the best fight scenes some of the worst in all of film. Now the fight scene between Ramirez and the Kurgen was pretty epic, but that is about it. Because both have some real world martial arts and fencing training in their acting arsenal.

Now the T.V. series had for its lead a guy with some pretty solid stage fighting craft, making even the early seasons with rough plots and acting chemistry still gelling, the fight scenes are a lot of visual fun. Now the movies that came from the tv show, oh gawds I still try to bury every memory of end game.

Though the one with Mako being the sword maker in the beginning. I kinda do have a soft spot for that one. The villain is just over the top great, a real kurgen 2.0 The leading lady actually does something of use, and isnt just a damsel in distress. At least when the sword breaks in it, its epic, where as in the source, its just pathetic and sad as can be when the iconic katana is snapped like a twig.

2 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Im always of 2 minds on this. While I love the original highlander for a lot of reasons, its lead actor being basically blind without glasses and flailing away in the fight scenes makes what should be the best fight scenes some of the worst in all of film. Now the fight scene between Ramirez and the Kurgen was pretty epic, but that is about it. Because both have some real world martial arts and fencing training in their acting arsenal.

Now the T.V. series had for its lead a guy with some pretty solid stage fighting craft, making even the early seasons with rough plots and acting chemistry still gelling, the fight scenes are a lot of visual fun. Now the movies that came from the tv show, oh gawds I still try to bury every memory of end game.

Though the one with Mako being the sword maker in the beginning. I kinda do have a soft spot for that one. The villain is just over the top great, a real kurgen 2.0 The leading lady actually does something of use, and isnt just a damsel in distress. At least when the sword breaks in it, its epic, where as in the source, its just pathetic and sad as can be when the iconic katana is snapped like a twig.

There is no Source.  I will watch Highlander 2 10 times before I watch that POS again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Apparition said:

There's already a reboot trilogy in the works from the director of John Wick which has been described as "John Wick with swords," soooo...

Yes, but does it have an immortal Scottish-accented, Spanish-named, Egyptian metallurgist as mentor?  I suspect not.  Sooo...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, Apparition said:

There's already a reboot trilogy in the works from the director of John Wick which has been described as "John Wick with swords," soooo...

#LeaveHighlanderAlone!
#LeaveItAlone!
spacer.png

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 7/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, Apparition said:

Huh... looked into it, had no idea. Appears to have been in the works for "a while" and 2016 was the last major discussion I could find this quote from:

Spoiler

“Still fighting the good fight. Highlander is an interesting property. It’s through Lionsgate as well and Neal Moritz. We’re trying to get it done. Anyone who knows anything about the property knows it has a lot of meat to it. It’s a good property. It’s got a lot of potential. We’re just trying to figure out the best way not to fuck it up. Not to try and fit it into a 1 hour, 45 minute movie, which, when your pitch is, ‘There can be only one,’ and in your first movie you kill everybody but the one, sequels have a problem of happening. So we’re trying to design in a way that gives us a little more lead in, a little more time with the mythology and see some of the best characters. They did seven seasons of TV, and even though the TV show may not hold up today, the idea of it and the characters they brought in were super cool. So we’re trying to devise a methodology that leads up to The Quickening. You just don’t end with a one-on-one battle in New York, cut off a guy’s head, and that’s it. We want to do this in such a way that it becomes more of a series whether it’s short form or long form that would let us explore that in the best way. I have a huge, heartfelt love and respect for the project, so we’re trying to find the best way to do it to give fans what they want.” - The Director (Chad)

As for June this year it would appear they've also managed to get a lot of that pre-production stuff cleared (Script, Storyboarding) or close to it. Given who's in control of the project... I think I might be kind of intrigued to see how this plays out.