/Storm help

Bubbles232

The only reason I wouldn't suggest Grav/Storm is because there is a strong chance it will ruin all other controller combos for you. 

It can be a bit of a drag until you hit the mid-20s and start getting the Good Stuff, and then it'll suck having no endurance for a while, but, BUT, eventually it all comes together and it's awesome.

• Like 3

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I agree with roleki, Storm is Endurance heavy. But fun set at 50..  I can see Gravity helping out with all the holds..  But I have seen held mobs move back as well.  I don't know that is a bug or working as intended.  Seen that with Stone cages at least.

If you can put a knock back to Knock down IO in Tornado. Hurricane can take one but all it does is knocks down the mob and then repels them back, but hurricane is good during AV fights..  Hurricane is great because it gives you a lot of defenses via -To Hit debuff.. So you can get defense capped with it running.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, plainguy said:

I agree with roleki, Storm is Endurance heavy. But fun set at 50..  I can see Gravity helping out with all the holds..  But I have seen held mobs move back as well.  I don't know that is a bug or working as intended.  Seen that with Stone cages at least.

If you can put a knock back to Knock down IO in Tornado. Hurricane can take one but all it does is knocks down the mob and then repels them back, but hurricane is good during AV fights..  Hurricane is great because it gives you a lot of defenses via -To Hit debuff.. So you can get defense capped with it running.  

I had noticed this before I had slotted Gale for KB:KD; held mobs would slowly move backwards in a kind of Repel-like fashion along the same vector as the cone from Gale.  I mitigated this behavior by slotting KB:KD in Gale, then also in Wormhole, Tornado, and Lightning Storm; now everything pretty much stays were I put it.  Well, not entirely - Propel will still send non-GD'ed mobs scattering, but honestly, by the time I am using Propel, I'm in mop-up mode anyway, so no big deal.

37 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Grav/Storm is awesome. Earth/Storm is also a good option. Electric/Storm isn't as great in some ways, but helps with the Endurance costs of Storm.

I really wanted to try Elec/Storm, but I'm kind of soured by the unmitigated knockback in Gremlins... go through all this work to get things just where I want them, then this idiot decides to send a dude flying 10 feet out of my AoE.  Tried an Overwhelming Force KB:KD and... it got worse.  The KB only shows up on even/lower-con mobs, but I'm of the mind that I don't want KB that I cannot plan for.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I feel like Fire, Plant, Earth or Gravity each have their advantages.

I have an Elec/Storm that I'm not as fond of. Mainly it's the Gremlin pets as mentioned above. 

IMO the developers need to fix the Knockback in Jolting Chain. The amount of knockback should be lower than it is so it stays a knockdown against blue and green enemies.