Clockwork Paladin event in King's Row?

It was up, so decided to try it out. Defeated all 12 Psionic Brass Conduits. Got a few folks together and defeated Paladin, Got the badge and temp power.

But the event still showed Paladin's Health at 100/100, even though there was no Paladin around. There was even an optional "Free the Shining Stars" objective. But they were all standing around in front of the KR bank. Couldn't interact with them at all. Eventually we all just left the event/zone because there didn't seem to be anything to do.

Couldn't find anything on the wiki (new or old) describing the event. Anyone know how it works? Or even if it does?

Yeah, the dev/GM team have to go in and reset it manually once it's completed for the first time. They'll do this sometimes and announce to a channel that's been/being reset if people want their badge.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

This event is so broken I didn't even know there were a thing called Psionic Brass Conduits! I've never seen them the entire time despite having defeated the Paladin at some point!

As @ZacKing said, the Prison Break event in Brickstown also breaks often. As far as I can tell, if a player starts the event but leaves and isn't there to defeat the Freakshow in phase 2, they get damaged by the cars they destroy, get scared and seem to run off somewhere in the map leaving the event stuck til the zone resets. 

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

I can offer a little encouragement for folks frustrated by the Brickstown event. Every so often when I find it 'stuck' (because the Freaks have wandered off) it is possible to find the (even level) Freaks just outside the 'event area'. I usually draw them back into the area to defeat them; I'm not sure what would happen if they are defeated out of the area. I think the record number I was able to (eventually) track down this way was 3 missing Freaks. It does take some searching to track them down... I've found the fliers hovering between the towers to the south and 'jumpers' hopping around near the warehouses to the south and the prison yards to the north.

• Thanks 1

I really miss the old version of the event, where trhe object and badge came from stopping the Paladin appearing at all, by defeating the small armies of CW that built him.  After a while no one bothered, which meant that there could be up to three Paladins wandering KR, and they usually hung out on a grassy hill by the ramp leading up to north KR.  I would treat them like the Babbage ambush every time we ran a Manticore, as a lagniappe awarding a handful of extra merits. 

• Like 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 4 weeks later
On 7/29/2020 at 3:19 AM, tidge said:

I can offer a little encouragement for folks frustrated by the Brickstown event. Every so often when I find it 'stuck' (because the Freaks have wandered off) it is possible to find the (even level) Freaks just outside the 'event area'. I usually draw them back into the area to defeat them; I'm not sure what would happen if they are defeated out of the area. I think the record number I was able to (eventually) track down this way was 3 missing Freaks. It does take some searching to track them down... I've found the fliers hovering between the towers to the south and 'jumpers' hopping around near the warehouses to the south and the prison yards to the north.

Hmm...just taunted a -1 freak into the area...and no dice after clobbering him within that area. My dilemma I guess is that there are no level 40 Freaks in bricks. (even level)

On 7/29/2020 at 10:14 AM, Heraclea said:

I really miss the old version of the event, where trhe object and badge came from stopping the Paladin appearing at all, by defeating the small armies of CW that built him.  After a while no one bothered, which meant that there could be up to three Paladins wandering KR, and they usually hung out on a grassy hill by the ramp leading up to north KR.  I would treat them like the Babbage ambush every time we ran a Manticore, as a lagniappe awarding a handful of extra merits. 

*nods*

Not necessarily for the multiple paladins - though that was nice - but for the whole "you can stop something before it actually gets bad." Yes, it was rough if you tried to do it "at level," sure - damage aside, lower levels have a heck of a time dealing with end drain/-recovery - but it was fun and felt like more of an accomplishment. Honestly we need more events like that.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

Hmm...just taunted a -1 freak into the area...and no dice after clobbering him within that area. My dilemma I guess is that there are no level 40 Freaks in bricks. (even level)

The 'event' freaks will always con as even level to you. You can't just drag any old freak into the area; it is necessary to find the ones originally spawned as part of the event.

This is very noticeable if you take a level 50 to the zone.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ukase said:

ah...the ones with no level given at all...those..man, that's gonna be like a needle in a haystack. I think I can wait until server reset. 

But thanks!

I was told by a GM that for broken events, you can send in a support ticket during off peak hours asking for a new zone, and they’ll do it.  Just send a support ticket in saying that the zone event in Brickstown is broken on x shard, and ask for a new Brickstown map.  As long as there is a GM available, and it’s not 7 to 11 P.M. or something, there should not be a problem.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

I was told by a GM that for broken events, you can send in a support ticket during off peak hours asking for a new zone, and they’ll do it.  Just send a support ticket in saying that the zone event in Brickstown is broken on x shard, and ask for a new Brickstown map.  As long as there is a GM available, and it’s not 7 to 11 P.M. or something, there should not be a problem.

Eh, I feel it's a bit much to intrude upon a volunteer staff when I can just wait until Tuesday. Besides...then I'd be sitting in Bricks..not really having any idea how long it would take for them to show up to do whatever it is they do. 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 30 minutes... I'd go a bit crazy just standing around, not knowing how long to wait.