Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sushiloving123

Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Recommended Posts

Just a quick question about this for my controller friends. Thinking about sticking this into Soul Storm on my scrapper via the Soul Master epic pool. The power itself states it is Mag 3 with a base recharge of 32 secs. So if I rely on global recharge only will this +2 mag hold go off pretty regularly and what does that really mean? +5 mag hold some of the time? Is +5 mag good enough for bosses? Just wondering! Thanks!


That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1: 4 Mag is what you need for Bosses, so if the +2 Mag fires, this will be enough.

2: I actually think that the Devastation: chance to Hold IO has a higher PPM than the Lockdown proc

3: I think that a 16 second base recharge (before global bonuses) is long enough to cap the proc chance at 90%, so you can add in Recharge into the power if you want so you can use it more often. But it might be 20 seconds, I forget the PPM of the Hold procs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, when that particular proc fires it gives an electrical tesla cage graphic, so you'll definitely know when it goes off and get a good sense from using it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea just used it and it seemed to do a good job of holding bosses reliably, thanks guys!

 


That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Coyote said:

I actually think that the Devastation: chance to Hold IO has a higher PPM than the Lockdown proc

this is right. 3ppm vs 2.5ppm, both are 2sec hold & same +2 Mag

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

this is right. 3ppm vs 2.5ppm, both are 2sec hold & same +2 Mag

 

To be clear, the 2 second duration is PvP. In PvE I believe they are 8 seconds in base duration.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, Krazie Ivan said:

this is right. 3ppm vs 2.5ppm, both are 2sec hold & same +2 Mag

I've always found it strange that the damage set has a better proc than the damage set...


Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zepp said:

I've always found it strange that the damage set has a better proc than the damage set...

I've wondered about that too.  I mean, I get that Devastation+2 is slottable in more things than Lockdown+2, but, what good is a +2 Hold proc in a Ranged Damage power that isn't inherently a hold?  Three times a minute, you might hold a minion? 

 

That said, a ST hold with both Devastation and Lockdown procs ends up holding bosses on one application quite often.  


Indom 50s: Burner Account (Fire/FF Ctrl) | Dr. Unconventional (Ill/Dark Ctrl) | Lawn Boy (Plant/Nat Ctrl) | Magma Lad (Fire/Kin Ctrl) | Metcalf (Grav/Kin Ctrl) | IcyBM (Ice/Trap Ctrl) | Jim With The Weather (Ice/Storm Ctrl) | Dr. Jonas (Mind/Poison Ctrl) | Coldwire (Elec/Cold Ctrl) | Pyrotoxin (Fire/Poison Ctrl) | Barry Mantle-o (Earth/Poison Ctrl) | Voltswagen (Dark/EA Ctrl) | Time Vampire (Grav/Time Ctrl) | Tootboy (Fire/FF Ctrl) | Polarrhoid (Ice/TA Ctrl) | LoLEnEn (En/En Blast) | Draw (Rad/Rad Def) | Destroyo (Bots/Trap MM) | Con Carne (Rad/Bio Brute) | Senor Smoke (Rad/Fire Brute) | Something Else (TW/Bio Scrap) | Thermador (Rad/Fire Brute) | Electrovox (EA/Son Def) Danzigawatt (Demons/EA MM) | Galvanized Fool (Fire/EA Ctrl) | Obscured Face Guy (Dark/Storm Ctrl) | Ohm Gott (EA/Dark Def) | Overspray (Fire/Storm Ctrl) Spacegrass (Fire/Nat Ctrl) Embarrassing Wetness (Water/EA Corr) Weather Permitting (Ill/Storm Ctrl) Herr Fryer (Fire/Traps Ctrl) Rainiac (Grav/Storm Ctrl) Stokes (Fire/TA Ctrl) Dismembrandt (DB/Bio Scrap) Multidudes (Ill/Traps Ctrl) more on the way....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roleki said:

I've wondered about that too.  I mean, I get that Devastation+2 is slottable in more things than Lockdown+2, but, what good is a +2 Hold proc in a Ranged Damage power that isn't inherently a hold?  Three times a minute, you might hold a minion? 

 

That said, a ST hold with both Devastation and Lockdown procs ends up holding bosses on one application quite often.  

I'm actually looking at that in a Blaster using Char. No internal recharge, but high global recharge makes it up every 5.37 seconds, 86.67% chance to proc Devastation, and a 72.17% chance to proc Lockdown. That means that there is a 62.54% chance of a mag 7 hold, a 33.76% chance of a mag 5 hold, and a 3.70% chance of a mag 3 hold. I haven't tested it in the wild yet, but theoretically, you are looking at a blaster being able to lock down a boss fairly easily.


Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the Devastation proc in any APP or PPP hold I take, along with 3 damage procs, and Acc/Dam and Acc/Dam/Rech from Devastation.  It works great for locking down bosses in one use 90% of the time, with pretty ridiculous damage when all 3 procs also trigger (also capped at 90% each).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I'm actually looking at that in a Blaster using Char. No internal recharge, but high global recharge makes it up every 5.37 seconds, 86.67% chance to proc Devastation, and a 72.17% chance to proc Lockdown. That means that there is a 62.54% chance of a mag 7 hold, a 33.76% chance of a mag 5 hold, and a 3.70% chance of a mag 3 hold. I haven't tested it in the wild yet, but theoretically, you are looking at a blaster being able to lock down a boss fairly easily.

You want super-silly Holds, roll a /TA, /Time, or /Posion controller, slotted with Lockdown and Devastation where applicable, then go Control Hybrid.  Fire off all four Holds and if everything goes just right, that's up to 29 mag on a single target in four clicks.  


Indom 50s: Burner Account (Fire/FF Ctrl) | Dr. Unconventional (Ill/Dark Ctrl) | Lawn Boy (Plant/Nat Ctrl) | Magma Lad (Fire/Kin Ctrl) | Metcalf (Grav/Kin Ctrl) | IcyBM (Ice/Trap Ctrl) | Jim With The Weather (Ice/Storm Ctrl) | Dr. Jonas (Mind/Poison Ctrl) | Coldwire (Elec/Cold Ctrl) | Pyrotoxin (Fire/Poison Ctrl) | Barry Mantle-o (Earth/Poison Ctrl) | Voltswagen (Dark/EA Ctrl) | Time Vampire (Grav/Time Ctrl) | Tootboy (Fire/FF Ctrl) | Polarrhoid (Ice/TA Ctrl) | LoLEnEn (En/En Blast) | Draw (Rad/Rad Def) | Destroyo (Bots/Trap MM) | Con Carne (Rad/Bio Brute) | Senor Smoke (Rad/Fire Brute) | Something Else (TW/Bio Scrap) | Thermador (Rad/Fire Brute) | Electrovox (EA/Son Def) Danzigawatt (Demons/EA MM) | Galvanized Fool (Fire/EA Ctrl) | Obscured Face Guy (Dark/Storm Ctrl) | Ohm Gott (EA/Dark Def) | Overspray (Fire/Storm Ctrl) Spacegrass (Fire/Nat Ctrl) Embarrassing Wetness (Water/EA Corr) Weather Permitting (Ill/Storm Ctrl) Herr Fryer (Fire/Traps Ctrl) Rainiac (Grav/Storm Ctrl) Stokes (Fire/TA Ctrl) Dismembrandt (DB/Bio Scrap) Multidudes (Ill/Traps Ctrl) more on the way....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roleki said:

You want super-silly Holds, roll a /TA, /Time, or /Poison controller, slotted with Lockdown and Devastation where applicable, then go Control Hybrid.  Fire off all four Holds and if everything goes just right, that's up to 29 mag on a single target in four clicks.  

Stone Mastery, Seismic Smash, Lockdown and Superior Blistering Cold... one more click, but SBC has a PpM of 4...

 

Makes me want to roll a hold-centric Earth/Time/Stone Troller...

 

hmmm...

Dideye Sei Ukudmuv.mxd

 


Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...