Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold

sushiloving123

Just a quick question about this for my controller friends. Thinking about sticking this into Soul Storm on my scrapper via the Soul Master epic pool. The power itself states it is Mag 3 with a base recharge of 32 secs. So if I rely on global recharge only will this +2 mag hold go off pretty regularly and what does that really mean? +5 mag hold some of the time? Is +5 mag good enough for bosses? Just wondering! Thanks!

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

1: 4 Mag is what you need for Bosses, so if the +2 Mag fires, this will be enough.

2: I actually think that the Devastation: chance to Hold IO has a higher PPM than the Lockdown proc

3: I think that a 16 second base recharge (before global bonuses) is long enough to cap the proc chance at 90%, so you can add in Recharge into the power if you want so you can use it more often. But it might be 20 seconds, I forget the PPM of the Hold procs.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, Krazie Ivan said:

this is right. 3ppm vs 2.5ppm, both are 2sec hold & same +2 Mag

I've always found it strange that the damage set has a better proc than the damage set...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

5 hours ago, Zepp said:

I've always found it strange that the damage set has a better proc than the damage set...

I've wondered about that too.  I mean, I get that Devastation+2 is slottable in more things than Lockdown+2, but, what good is a +2 Hold proc in a Ranged Damage power that isn't inherently a hold?  Three times a minute, you might hold a minion? 

That said, a ST hold with both Devastation and Lockdown procs ends up holding bosses on one application quite often.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

4 hours ago, roleki said:

I've wondered about that too.  I mean, I get that Devastation+2 is slottable in more things than Lockdown+2, but, what good is a +2 Hold proc in a Ranged Damage power that isn't inherently a hold?  Three times a minute, you might hold a minion? 

That said, a ST hold with both Devastation and Lockdown procs ends up holding bosses on one application quite often.  

I'm actually looking at that in a Blaster using Char. No internal recharge, but high global recharge makes it up every 5.37 seconds, 86.67% chance to proc Devastation, and a 72.17% chance to proc Lockdown. That means that there is a 62.54% chance of a mag 7 hold, a 33.76% chance of a mag 5 hold, and a 3.70% chance of a mag 3 hold. I haven't tested it in the wild yet, but theoretically, you are looking at a blaster being able to lock down a boss fairly easily.

I use the Devastation proc in any APP or PPP hold I take, along with 3 damage procs, and Acc/Dam and Acc/Dam/Rech from Devastation.  It works great for locking down bosses in one use 90% of the time, with pretty ridiculous damage when all 3 procs also trigger (also capped at 90% each).  

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I'm actually looking at that in a Blaster using Char. No internal recharge, but high global recharge makes it up every 5.37 seconds, 86.67% chance to proc Devastation, and a 72.17% chance to proc Lockdown. That means that there is a 62.54% chance of a mag 7 hold, a 33.76% chance of a mag 5 hold, and a 3.70% chance of a mag 3 hold. I haven't tested it in the wild yet, but theoretically, you are looking at a blaster being able to lock down a boss fairly easily.

You want super-silly Holds, roll a /TA, /Time, or /Posion controller, slotted with Lockdown and Devastation where applicable, then go Control Hybrid.  Fire off all four Holds and if everything goes just right, that's up to 29 mag on a single target in four clicks.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

6 hours ago, roleki said:

You want super-silly Holds, roll a /TA, /Time, or /Poison controller, slotted with Lockdown and Devastation where applicable, then go Control Hybrid.  Fire off all four Holds and if everything goes just right, that's up to 29 mag on a single target in four clicks.  

Stone Mastery, Seismic Smash, Lockdown and Superior Blistering Cold... one more click, but SBC has a PpM of 4...

Makes me want to roll a hold-centric Earth/Time/Stone Troller...

hmmm...

Dideye Sei Ukudmuv.mxd

• 1 year later
On 8/4/2020 at 4:36 AM, roleki said:

I put Devastation's hold in my mind troller's Lift. On Hami raids going after the green mitos, I spam Lift and Dominate, alternating while the other one is recharging, so I stack damage and holds with a chance for more holds. Every bit helps.

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

• 2 months later

Personally I would recommend putting the +2 mag hold proc in any other power besides soul storm, because imo that has one of the coolest effects animations in the game and the +2 mag hold proc manifests as a tesla cage.  it's just a shame to cover it up!  BUT, it will be effective haha

• Thumbs Up 1