Net endurance gain target?

I'm curious if  there is a target minimum net endurance gain everyone aims for when creating a build. For example, in Mids a base character with nothing running and no enhancements gains 2.08 /s and burns 0. Obviously, you always want to gain more than you use, but how much? One build I'm playing around with has 3.06 gain vs 1.8 used for a 1.26 net gain. Seems low to me and am curious what others use for a minimum. Of course I understand slotting endurance in the click powers is where you really save, but wanted to know others thoughts on toggle usage.

21 minutes ago, crankycaucasian said:

I'm curious if  there is a target minimum net endurance gain everyone aims for when creating a build. For example, in Mids a base character with nothing running and no enhancements gains 2.08 /s and burns 0. Obviously, you always want to gain more than you use, but how much? One build I'm playing around with has 3.06 gain vs 1.8 used for a 1.26 net gain. Seems low to me and am curious what others use for a minimum. Of course I understand slotting endurance in the click powers is where you really save, but wanted to know others thoughts on toggle usage.

People aim for 2 net... 

I aim for about 2.0/s. at a minimum.  Right now my recovery is 3.33end/s and my consumption is 1.06end/s with 5 toggles running.  I can generally not worry about endurance at all with these numbers.  Even if things go wrong, and a battle ends up 6 mins or so, my endurance is still 50% full.  I do have all the recovery procs, and the performance shifter and panacea procs however, which make a huge difference. 

Edited by wolfshadow31

There's not much that irks me more than being in a battle and not having enough end to execute an attack. I monitor end recovery and end usage, and aim for a net of 3. I don't always get it, but it's what I'm aiming for. About the only time I run out of end is in the underground iTrial and someone gets confused and drains my end. Sappers barely make a dent, Mu are ineffective and I don't even notice Freaks and clocks with their minor sapping attacks. 

Because of this - 95% of all my 50's will go Agility, and half of them get Ageless. Some will get the other destinies as well, but Ageless is usually made first. 

While leveling, I tend to be sure I've got the end mod IOs & procs slotted before I go too toggle heavy with fight and leadership.

• Like 1

I pick Ageless and never think about it. 300 charges of Recovery Serum carry me through leveling.

Edit: getting my wires mixed up... 300 is the max for Envenomed Daggers. Recovery Serum charges cap out at 50. Which is good, in a sense: I fill up at level 1, and run out around lvl 35-40 usually, so a mere 50 charges last me 40 levels.

Edited by nihilii

I always aim for around 2.25 per second over what toggles (inc. anchor powers) consume.  The gross amount you'll need to achieve this is going to differ from one character to another.  II can't abide an end-bound character; each one that I get serious about starts with Panacea at 7. 

• Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I aim for 2.5

With over 3.0 I know it will be very unusual to have any issues.

2 to 2.5 is doable, clocks and minor sapping, long fights etc. will likely cause issues (needing blue inspires, slowing pace between spawns, recovery temps etc.)

Under 2 and I will have issues and will usually have me looking for permanent solutions (changes to build, expecting to use Rest between spawns or a power set with powers that provide lots of +end or +recovery (Heat Loss, Recovery Aura, Transference etc.)

9 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Survival amplifier and the sg base recovery buff are also a huge help for problem toons, especially leveling.

This. Once you have influence, grabbing 8 hours of amplifiers at level 1 is a breeze.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

9 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I always aim for around 2.25 per second over what toggles (inc. anchor powers) consume.  The gross amount you'll need to achieve this is going to differ from one character to another.  II can't abide an end-bound character; each one that I get serious about starts with Panacea at 7. 

Panacea: 7

Miracle: 17

Numina: 27

Performance Shifter: 18

Never leave home without the essentials.

• Like 5

Playing CoX is it’s own reward