Taxi Bots

Some Random User

Never used it, but I know many had fond memories of it, so bumping for support. ^.^

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 3 weeks later

I've seen the notorious Dottie roaming around. The clown girl cousin of the Taxibots who used to grant people travel powers from the Champion server. As with all things Dottie related when, where, how, and why is unknown, only that she has been confirmed in-game. And yes, when I discovered the Ski Chalet I wished for the Taxibots return so that I could SB down the slopes again. Hope to see the return.

Until then the only thing to truly say is Excelsior!

• Like 1

• 1 year later

Heya! I'm a little late to the party, but I just created a taxibot on Excelsior server. Taxibot 2! I used to play as Taxibot 2 on the Virtue server back in the Live days. I don't remember much from the game back then, but I'm excited about making new memories on Homecoming. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Oh my goodness. I  hadn't even thought of Taxibots in... wow! I remember sneaking away from my main group because I was tired of blaster debt, hiding and hopping over to my short-huge taxi alt. It was great way to pass time and relax. And you got invited to the best runs and farms!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Richard Shaw has been many things in his life. Corporate courier delivering documents. Courageous mid-weight hero from King's Row to Croatoa. Amateur engineer and science enthusiast. Ally and mentor to Moonsprint, a novice Kheldian refugee on Earth. And for 3 minutes... very, very dead.

As Rick's devastated body laid mangled beyond repair, betrayed by his turncoat teammate "The Grit", Moonsprint lept from his then-host to fuse with his friend and partner.  Now trapped together in the crippled and pain-riddled remains of a body - the old friends crafted a new, better body of polymers and alloys: new arms, new legs; new hopes, and renewed convictions. A grueling decade has been spent repairing, rebuilding, and regaining strength. Shaw is now a fusion of man, machine, and alien -- taking the fight to The Council and other evil doers....and assisting the next generation of heroes in their war on evil.

TAXIBOT SHAW, back in action.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

There are a couple of Taxibots on Torchbearer, but no coordinated use so far that I have seen.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 3 months later

I started the Excelsior Taxi Service SG today. I'd like to host zone badge tours as our main activity. If enough people can help me, a taxi will be stationed at each badge in a zone. We'll port people from badge to badge. We can do a different zone each week, porting people for an hour. I'm thinking Taxi Tuesday has a nice ring to it. I will be able to host from 8pm - 9pm CST on Tuesday evenings. Perhaps other leaders could coordinate other times during the week: Metro Mondays, Where's-the-badge Wednesdays, Find-a-badge Fridays, etc. 

Lemme know if you want to join me!

Taxibot 2

@Spider-Babe

taxibot2.png

Hi i was Taxibot R4P4 (which is not a star wars reference but its L33T for Rapa which is a south american jaguar)...Tony V was my mentor in Taxibots

Dotti is in my sg ALL-OUT-WAR on Excelsior as Taxi Fae (his original character in Taxibots) and as Chiyo-san

We tried to reform the Taxibots 2 years ago but there wasnt much interest...i have run into half a dozen other taxibots the last few weeks so i know many have returned...Taxibots was a great group and still dwells in the communities hearts and minds! 

Virtue and Champion servers

Edited by FeliciaDivine
spelling and grammar corrections
  • Like 1

• 8 months later

Hey, Felicia! Wow, I really left this one hanging! I'm sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. I'm now in the idea stage of starting an SG that is not taxibot related, just badge tour related. If that interests you, I'll post something about it here when it's ready for others to join me!

• 11 months later