If you could radically overhaul 1 thing....

Galaxy Brain

Capping Defense and Resistance needs to be looked at, in my opinion.

It’s an optional thing to build for, but it seriously imbalances what used to be challenging content.

Capped Blasters soloing the “Room of Death” on Citadel TFs, et cetera.  (People used to actually die and get trapped in the prison area.)

Capping defenses to the extent we’re able to now makes a lot of powers/sets superfluous in the mid to lategame, trivializes content, and makes it almost impossible to balance any difficulty changes on a global scale.  People on SOs will get stomped if balancing is done with current caps in mind.

Fix might be as simple as giving mobs at least a 10% minimum chance to hit.  Have to be careful we don’t hose Defense armor sets, though.  It’ll likely take someone mathematically smarter than me to sort it out.

But the current capping is an issue I see as negatively affecting the game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SableShrike said:

Capping Defense and Resistance needs to be looked at, in my opinion.

It’s an optional thing to build for, but it seriously imbalances what used to be challenging content.

Capped Blasters soloing the “Room of Death” on Citadel TFs, et cetera.  (People used to actually die and get trapped in the prison area.)

But the current capping is an issue I see as negatively affecting the game.

There is nothing more unheroic to me than "dying" because I'm not the right hero AT.  I'm going to have to disagree with your opinion on this one.

6 hours ago, Player2 said:

There is nothing more unheroic to me than "dying" because I'm not the right hero AT.  I'm going to have to disagree with your opinion on this one.

Actually, the Hero’s Journey has death as an integral part of nearly every heroic myth in human history, according to Joseph Campbell.  Be it literal or figurative, mind you.  The struggle and success after defeat is what makes a classical heroic myth heroic.

I’m not talking about gating content behind certain ATs, so I agree with you there, man.  Everyone should be able to solo a bit.  I know full well the pain of Ice Tankers before they could run all armor toggles together.

I am talking about how the current game seems to lack that risk vs reward for the vast majority of older content.  It’s mostly nothing but reward now.

This means a lot of stuff is marginalized, and teaming is optional.  Which is fine in a vaccuum, but this is an MMO many of us have been playing for years.

Teaming used to be almost mandatory for bigger feats (it wasn’t just for iTrials), and everyone brought important stuff to the fight. Force Fielders were great to have even on a team of 50s.

Triumph over adversity is why I often prefer the lower levels; we kinda lose that in the endgame as it is.

Edited by SableShrike

On 10/8/2020 at 4:23 AM, Jacktar said:

Hi, 

The Enhancement screen!

Firstly to be able to see the chat box whilst I am using it so I can moniter my private messages and LFG shouts.

Secondly to be able to select multipe slots to delete/ replace new enhancers. (like selecting non contiguous items in windows)

Being able to then drag those selected to the delete bin or to replace them with better enhancers.

Thirdly be able to “order sort” slotted enhancers in a power by drag and drop same as our power trays.

Fourth to sort the powers in primary and secondary specifically for PB’s and WS’s into form groups so Nova or Dwarf and Human only powers are seperated so selecting a new power choice is much easier when levelling up. Similiar to the Veats pages with seperate sections for the build process.

(I am aware the the Khelds were originally special and needed the player to have at least one lvl 50 alt to unlock them and so perhaps more wise in build power selection) but now a shiny new player can roll one from day one a little clarity in power usage when in differing forms would be a huge help even for the more experienced player base.

This.  

And get RID of the "combining" screen for enhancements, and just make it happen instantly. I HATE how long it takes to combine enhancements.  It's ridiculous. 

Edited by Puma
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, Luminara said:

You can thrust, lunge, sweep, vault and spin, and throw the spear.  There's six of nine powers in the set, without limiting motion.

Sounds like a fun playstyle.

Spear & Shield can enable plenty of character concepts.

1765200602_SpearShieldCollage.thumb.jpg.0e27de045901d044d851426e027b29be.jpg

1298456704_SpearShieldScifi1-Copy.thumb.jpg.22de98871ae11817cc228d5483c9398b.jpg

I also would eventually want to see an "elemental weapon & pistol" powerset (fire, lightning, ice, etc...) so we can finally have Spark Blade's powerset in the game.

Edited by Shadowsleuth

Not sure if this has been mentioned so far but: Away with the single target buffs.

I'm looking at you, Force field, Cold Domination, Thermal Radiation etc ect.

There is nothing more archaic, more 2004 than: "Click member 1, buff.  Click member 2, buff.  Click member 3, buff..." in a team of 8 players. Excluding pets.  There is no situation where you'd say "Gee, I wish the blaster had more defense but the scrapper can go suck a lemon" and as far as I know, since most of these buffs are applied out of combat, there's no tactical advantage to have them a targeted or PB AoE.   I have systematically avoided those sets because of that: it's not a service, it's a chore.

Let me buff my team all at once darn you!

13 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned so far but: Away with the single target buffs.

I'm looking at you, Force field, Cold Domination, Thermal Radiation etc ect.

There is nothing more archaic, more 2004 than: "Click member 1, buff.  Click member 2, buff.  Click member 3, buff..." in a team of 8 players. Excluding pets.  There is no situation where you'd say "Gee, I wish the blaster had more defense but the scrapper can go suck a lemon" and as far as I know, since most of these buffs are applied out of combat, there's no tactical advantage to have them a targeted or PB AoE.   I have systematically avoided those sets because of that: it's not a service, it's a chore.

Let me buff my team all at once darn you!

I thought the shield buffs for those sets, as well as some buffs in others sets (like Speed Boost and Increase Density in Kinetics) have been turned into targeted ally AoE buffs.

2 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Rejoice!  \o/

"Thermal Radiation (Controllers, Corruptors, Masterminds): Fire Shield and Plasma Shield"

Pretty sure that should list Defenders too, because that's how it works on mine.  =)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝