Enhancement Catalyst

borgking001a

1 hour ago, borgking001a said:

There needs to be a way to combine enhancements with Enhancement Catalyst, without slotting them first.  Especially, when I want to combine level 50 enhancements for my low level characters.

A general piece of advice to Attune pieces is to sell the piece you want attuned on the Market (/AH) and buy an attuned version from the Market. It will cost you the Auction House fees, but those costs are generally less than the cost of a Catalyst and Unslotters. A level 50 character should easily be able to afford the market fees for any IO enhancement that you want attuned. For example: selling lvl 50 recipe drops to a vendor should be able to cover market costs.

1 minute ago, borgking001a said:

Not interested in selling them, I want to trade them with my alts, so they can use them.

Selling unattuned enhancements on the market and buying the attuned versions is how you attune enhancements without slotting them first.

2 hours ago, borgking001a said:

There needs to be a way to combine enhancements with Enhancement Catalyst, without slotting them first.  Especially, when I want to combine level 50 enhancements for my low level characters.

Pick up a couple enhancement unslotters, slot in into characters who can take it, catalyze it, unslot it and good to go.

25 minutes ago, borgking001a said:

That makes no sense, attuned enhancements cost twice as much more than unattuned enhancements.

With this quote, I'm now starting to question something that I avoided mentioning in my original response: What kind of "level 50" enhancement are you referring to?

To my knowledge, the only enhancements which show a difference in the market place between 'attuned' and 'level 50' are ATO and (most) Winter Sets... these are the ones that become 'Superior' when attuned. If an alt wants those attuned, you can email/SG storage the catalysts for trading among alts. If an alt can use an ATO or Winter set piece, they can slot the unattuned and attune it themself.

If you are considering using PVP or the 'Universal' sets on characters lower than level 47, and want those attuned... the prices on the market are the same for attuned/non-attuned. (edit: the Overwhelming Force 'universal set' comes attuned, the Universal Travel IOs can come at any standard level for IOs)

If you are a level 47+, the numbers on PVP pieces are in your favor (for everything but %Procs) to have the piece at level 50 and boosted (keeping an eye on Recharge, and enhancement diversification/diminishing returns) rather than being attuned.

Edited by tidge
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, borgking001a said:

That makes no sense, attuned enhancements cost twice as much more than unattuned enhancements.

They certainly do not, the auction house will give you an enhancement of whatever level/attunement you want, regardless of what level or attunement the player selling you the IO put in in the auction house with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

They certainly do not, the auction house will give you an enhancement of whatever level/attunement you want, regardless of what level or attunement the player selling you the IO put in in the auction house with. 

Unless they meant cataylzed AT and Event IOs, versus non-catalyzed.

Edit: As @tidgealready covered. Oops.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

5 hours ago, BrandX said:

Pick up a couple enhancement unslotters, slot in into characters who can take it, catalyze it, unslot it and good to go.

... going this route, you can pick a character, use the second build you're probably not using, and make a build that you won't play *but* that will have as many categories (through power picks and pools) as you need to catalyze things. That way you're not messing with a "working" build (and can probably catalyze several at once.)

Something like a controller - brawl for melee, fighting pool for PBAOE, most have ranged and targeted AOE - and of course controls, the goal being just to get as many categories for this to change. When done, unslot and swap back to the normal build.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

To springboard off of @Greycat advice:

If you have a high enough level (to be able to access enough power pool choices), you may be able to use a second (or third) build of an existing character to have access to enough different powers. You wouldn't even have to slot enhancements in its powers, possibly saving you even more unslotters.

On 9/22/2020 at 12:48 PM, Greycat said:

... going this route, you can pick a character, use the second build you're probably not using, and make a build that you won't play *but* that will have as many categories (through power picks and pools) as you need to catalyze things. That way you're not messing with a "working" build (and can probably catalyze several at once.)

Not to mention the advantage that you can burn a spare respec (they're easy enough to earn) and pull out all of the newly-attuned IOs at one time.