SGBase Editor Improvements

This is roughly the first time I've spent a large amount of time actually tinkering with the editor so if I overlooked these few things or theres a way to achieve such then please let me know!

*Copy/Paste items

*Move items incrementally based on grid size selection with arrow keys

*If items cant be moved with arrow keys allow the mouse cursor to not reset to the middle of an object after movement begins.

This prevents some objects from clipping through walls at a certain distance if the mouse on the object has already made contact with a wall surface

This is roughly the first time I've spent a large amount of time actually tinkering with the editor so if I overlooked these few things or theres a way to achieve such then please let me know!

*Copy/Paste items

*If items cant be moved with arrow keys allow the mouse cursor to not reset to the middle of an object after movement begins.

This prevents some objects from clipping through walls at a certain distance if the mouse on the object has already made contact with a wall surface

1) There Used to be an easy "duplicate" button in OG;

2) I swear we used to be able to move with arrows;

3) Try zooming out/creatively;

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 1 month later

*Copy/Paste items

2) I swear we used to be able to move with arrows;

3) Try zooming out/creatively;

Anyone know how #1 was accomplished?  I searched on the forums here and on the articles on paragonwiki for Copy/Paste functionality, to no avail.

I don't remember a "duplicate" button, but I could have sworn that there was a button to hold down when placing an item to have keep that same item selected for more placements. That is, if I placed a desk while holding that button down, another desk of that type was ready to be placed again without having to select it from the window again.

Am I crazy (in regards to what I think I remember, I know in general I am)? Was this not possible before?

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I don't remember a "duplicate" button, but I could have sworn that there was a button to hold down when placing an item to have keep that same item selected for more placements. That is, if I placed a desk while holding that button down, another desk of that type was ready to be placed again without having to select it from the window again.

And this is why I don't mind being corrected (because I know human memory can falter). This is probably what I was grasping for. I know there was a thing where you'd place something and you could just keep going without searching.

Now if only moving from one room to the next would stop changing your spot in the item listing. I know it used to before as well, but now that the rooms aren't typed, it's kind of annoying as I find the right angle to view from.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Still... daydreaming about possibilities is fun.  =)

I do have a habit of thinking up concepts/RL solutions that don't exist (normally products) yet. Now if Only I'd remember to patent them! >.<

Then again, I do 'try' to make it come across that it's a fuzzy remembrance instead of solid fact unless I can verify otherwise.