How to Know Enemy Resistance?

drgantz

I've heard many say that smashing and lethal are two of the most highly resistance damage types.
Some have commented that Dual Pistols is good because you can change your damage type depending on your enemy's resistance.
How  do you know the enemy's resistance?
Which are some of the least resisted damage types?

I *believe* the power analyzer at P2W might show it. Otherwise it's a matter of looking it up.

There are general rules, like robots will be psi resistant.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 minutes ago, drgantz said:

I've heard many say that smashing and lethal are two of the most highly resistance damage types.

Toxic is the most heavily resisted.  Smashing and lethal are the most commonly resisted, meaning the most likely to be resisted, but it's typically in smaller amounts, and not terribly noticeable beyond spreadsheet analysis.  It's rarely more than a minor annoyance at having to use one more attack.

7 minutes ago, drgantz said:

How  do you know the enemy's resistance?

Many are listed on the wikis, but the easiest and most direct way is with something like Power Analyzer.  I think there's a temp version of it, perhaps available at the P2W vendor... can't log in to check, though.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yup, PA from P2W vendor. I'm depressed that the Tin Mage War Walkers, AVs have 87 percent resists to everything that debuffs (so slightly higher than the 85 I've heard thrown around).

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Back on live Culex made a spreadsheet that's still floating around.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070309030440/http://www.culex.us/ig/CHres.xls

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 10/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, Rejolt said:

Yup, PA from P2W vendor. I'm depressed that the Tin Mage War Walkers, AVs have 87 percent resists to everything that debuffs (so slightly higher than the 85 I've heard thrown around).

It's a level related thing.  Lvl 50 = .85, at lvl 52 it bumps to .86 and again at lvl 54 it's up to .87

And that resistance scales downward as well.  Dr Vahz in Posi 2 is some where in low 70%

Check out the HCwiki page "archvillain"

Edit:  probably something along those lines in what @Uun linked I'm guessing but my phone doesn't really want to follow the link in a timely fashion

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it'd be a cool aspect of the game to grant a user a kind of auto-analyzer depending on your origin, so a science origin character, when targeting Crey could then see any +stats they have in the target window.

Of course you would need to give more mobs extra powers so you're not always sure what buffs they have.

I love temp powers but the P2W has made the need for epics for some of my toons pointless (unless you're doing content that locks out temps). Just take Power Epic Energy Torrent on a brute and then Plasmatic Taser temp and read the information on both. At the damage cap I believe the temp version would do 2 1/2 times as much as the Epic power (pre-Procs).

I think base for Torrent is 39 on brutes at 50 and Taser 90. With slotting and high fury that would be 150ish vs. 260 (just fury adding to taser).

Edited by Rejolt

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Its easier to pop a red and munch on it.  Then grin at the villian, as you pop another.  Keep chewing and smiling in a creepy way, then point at him and eat some more reds.  Just keep them waiting, cause when you are done with your snack its their turn to eat the floor.

• Haha 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer