Confused about Ion Judgement

beradical

Can you help clarify: In-game (right clicking on Judgements and looking at details) shows Ion Core at 2302 dmg vs Pyronic Core's 491. Can that really be right?? Like those aren't even comparable, despite Ion's long cast time.

Is Ion just 4x better than the rest? Is the 2302 only the first target? Is 2302 calculating multiple targets? Is it just wrong?

44 minutes ago, beradical said:

Can you help clarify: In-game (right clicking on Judgements and looking at details) shows Ion Core at 2302 dmg vs Pyronic Core's 491. Can that really be right?? Like those aren't even comparable, despite Ion's long cast time.

Is Ion just 4x better than the rest? Is the 2302 only the first target? Is 2302 calculating multiple targets? Is it just wrong?

It's calculating multiple targets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NexxoMagnus said:

Vorpal is better-its a cone and has a HUGE area of  effect BEHIND the initial target-not as easy to fire off but when it hits-epic

Vorpal doesn't need a target per se. It fires off a cone in the direction your character is facing. I love it too. The Radial side gives you +30 defense for 10 seconds. Highly underrated.

Ion Judgment is a thing of beauty in a League-sized, wall-to-wall free for all... provided you're the first one to get the shot off.  Being second or third is the highway to sadness.  

• Like 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

• Retired Lead Game Master

All the judgements are basically the same damage if you aim them right. Such as targeting near the center of a pack with pyronic. But Ion you do not have to bother.

Pyronic casts much faster, so that's my usual choice.

• Retired Lead Game Master

No idea on the justification on that, but 2.0 is usually overkill when I am running tactics and kismet, and just using it to clean up trash.

Fast cast time = aimed less? No idea.

8 hours ago, Black Zot said:

I was under the impression that Judgements were autohit anyway.  At the very least I've never seen a miss message, and I'm prone to spamming mine.

I have a kismet 6% slotted in all my alts - and mine miss fairly often, but usually against +4s.