Making Dominator ATOs mez-based was a mistake

Vanden

Making the Controller ATOs buff mez effects makes sense, since Controllers don't get a lot of attacks, not until they unlock APPs, and you can't put ATOs in pool powers anyway. But Doms get a whole secondary full of attacks, they would've been fine with damage-based ones like all the other ATs. What's more, the amount of actually slottable mez effects varies among the Dom primaries. While with Controllers, this was unavoidable because mez is the only thing all controllers can slot for, damage is much more flexible and Dominators are perfectly capable of using it. But now it's much too late to change it, it would be too disruptive to existing builds. Ugh, this stinks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have seen that issue in a few dom builds, which is a bit unfortunate. In general, while some ATOs are amazing (e.g. Stalkers), others are a bit more... meh.

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

But now it's much too late to change it, it would be too disruptive to existing builds.

From a mechanics point of view, could always do another Dominator ATO set, with a new name ATO type name, that slots into different powers (e.g. attacks) that provide different benefits. Not sure if that's the best way forward, though (would have to do a round for all the other ATs as well).

2 hours ago, tidge said:

My MMs would kill for more powers that can accept MM ATO.

4 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

My doms would kill for the MM. 2 set 10% recharge ATO.

And this, for you folks at home that are keeping score, is what we call point/counterpoint. It’s when you think the grass is greener on the other side. However you usually find out, often times too late, that this is not the case at all. Touché pussycat.