Highest damage ST power?

Hero Star

I've been trying to come up with a character with the highest dmg ST power in the game(with Crit). Would that be Psi/FA( Fiery Embrace + Concentration + Greater Psy Sword + Crit )?

I was hoping the new EM prolif would allow Energy Transfer to crit some but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Not sure what the highest people have managed is and what against what level npc, but with an even level mob I hit for over 1900 with energy transfer on my beta server EM scrapper. For such a low cooldown and more importantly with fast activation of 1s, I don’t know that you will have a power with much better of a DPA. 

Haven’t tried it with fiery embrace though. 

Edited by Saikochoro

11 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

Not sure what the highest people have managed is and what against what level npc, but with an even level mob I hit for over 1900 with energy transfer on my beta server EM scrapper. For such a low cooldown and more importantly with fast activation of 1s, I don’t know that you will have a power with much better of a DPA. 

Haven’t tried it with fiery embrace though. 

Considering you have to use TF to get the 1sec cast ET, it'd probably be best to add both cast times and damage together. That said, considering the numbers I've been seeing come out of beta, EM certainly appears to be THE ST DAMAGE KING, especially with proc-monster builds.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Considering you have to use TF to get the 1sec cast ET, it'd probably be best to add both cast times and damage together. That said, considering the numbers I've been seeing come out of beta, EM certainly appears to be THE ST DAMAGE KING, especially with proc-monster builds.

True enough. My I didn’t grab my crit number for total focus but it was about 1400 on a non crit. So maybe around 1600 on crit?

So, about 3,500 damage in 1 + 2.53 = 3.53 seconds of activation (not counting arcana). I know with arcana time it is a bit longer, but I don’t know much about arcana time so don’t want to give wrong numbers. 

This was on bio armor mind you. I’m thinking fiery aura with fiery embrace would definitely yield a higher number though. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

1 hour ago, Saikochoro said:

True enough. My I didn’t grab my crit number for total focus but it was about 1400 on a non crit. So maybe around 1600 on crit?

So, about 3,500 damage in 1 + 2.53 = 3.53 seconds of activation (not counting arcana). I know with arcana time it is a bit longer, but I don’t know much about arcana time so don’t want to give wrong numbers. 

This was on bio armor mind you. I’m thinking fiery aura with fiery embrace would definitely yield a higher number though. 

op asked for the biggest single power with Crit 🙂

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

9 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

op asked for the biggest single power with Crit 🙂

Oh, I know. I still think energy transfer ranks up there even without being able to crit. I haven’t done a ton with psi melee so not sure how GSB with insight crit stacks up against ET.  I just followed up with adding TF due to BZB’s comment. 

Edited by Saikochoro

I'm going to do some testing on beta since TW will likely have its base damage lowered. Rend Armor may still be a bit above GPB.

Also, can some one tell me why it shows Rend Armor doing 32 and Greater Psy Blade doing like 40 at the character select thingy? Where as on Mids rend armor does more?

56 minutes ago, Hero Star said:

I'm going to do some testing on beta since TW will likely have its base damage lowered. Rend Armor may still be a bit above GPB.

Also, can some one tell me why it shows Rend Armor doing 32 and Greater Psy Blade doing like 40 at the character select thingy? Where as on Mids rend armor does more?

im my testing TW was still ahead of EM with easier endurance management.

Now the momentum mechanics is something particular, as does EM' Energy focus, and this is all Bera features so nobody can really tell you who will be the real "winner" as the Single target dps and/or burst King.

all i know is that a new Beta will hit the Brainstorm server soon.

Edited by Tsuko

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

I have a psi/ena scrapper on excelsior and it can hit hard I think. Joined a PUG the other day in PI for a +4 defeat neuron mission. Timed it right so I had assault running, gained insight, hit my BU power, and landed GPB. Hit for over 1k (there was a proc in there too). I don't know if that's good but I'll take it.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 3:08 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

It should be somewhere near there TBH.

Since it gets no knockdowns, stuns being less useful for a Melee class.  

Still .. why must Fire Melee stay so low?  

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Considering it offers NOTHING but more damage, yes, it should be at the top on both ST and AoE and yet it's nowhere close.

Should be the top of at least one of them you'd think?

That Fire Breath animates way too slowly to be good for AOE really.   Least seems that way to me.  

And Fire Sword Circle isn't exactly some barn burner (pun intended) either. 

3 hours ago, dzyp said:

I have a psi/ena scrapper on excelsior and it can hit hard I think. Joined a PUG the other day in PI for a +4 defeat neuron mission. Timed it right so I had assault running, gained insight, hit my BU power, and landed GPB. Hit for over 1k (there was a proc in there too). I don't know if that's good but I'll take it.

I have a Psi/SD that gets regular BU+Gaussians+AAO Stacks+Insight Crits with GPB that are approaching that number (not on +4s, to be fair), though those might have been preceded by FotG -Res. ... and she's just dinged 39 recently.  Should be insane when post-50 and built.

Edited by InvaderStych
accuracy
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

7 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Should be the top of at least one of them you'd think?

That Fire Breath animates way too slowly to be good for AOE really.   Least seems that way to me.  

And Fire Sword Circle isn't exactly some barn burner (pun intended) either.

Gets worse:

Combustion leads the way in suck with a 3 sec cast, then BoF AND FSC at 2.67 and THEN the T9 GFS comes in at 2.33. It's awful across the board.

Edit: Oh right, scraps and brutes don't even get combustion.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

7 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Gets worse:

Combustion leads the way in suck with a 3 sec cast, then BoF AND FSC at 2.67 and THEN the T9 GFS comes in at 2.33. It's awful across the board.

Edit: Oh right, scraps and brutes don't even get combustion.

I'm relatively new to my fire melee brute but it's definitely lackluster. I'm not spec'd for st damage or anything but I only got 271 dps in a pylon test and that's with me spamming proc'd radiation therapy to drop regen and a -res in beta decay. Chain was incinerate, cremate, gloom. 

I think fire is just kinda broken. Fsc is an ok aoe power but breath of fire is just bad for melee. And for that sacrifice st dmg is just average. And fire comes with no mitigation either. It definitely needs to be reviewed for some changes imo. 

• Like 1

Well now that they added 28% crit on energy transfer I tested out my EM/bio on an even level boss in PI. Total damage was 2340. 

I really ought to try EM/fire to see how a fiery embrace fueled ET crit would do. I’m just being too lazy to make it. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Haha 1