Fire/Fire/X build?

beradical

I was inspired by both Nemu's build, and Dreadshinobi's. I like the idea of having RoP as a fallback and easy mez breaker, as well as a tool to help mitigate the lack of an epic resist when using Scorpion Shield. I've given up on keeping Fire Breath for theme - it just gets too much in the way of IO priorities.

I think I'm pretty happy with what I put together! This build matches Nemu's recharge, and reaches softcap for S/L/E/R (well, it's ~.4 off for all but E - close enough for my purposes). I may try another iteration where I pick flame mastery and see how high I can keep defenses, but it won't likely be of interest to you given your stated goals.

With RoP up, resists are modest across the board, though S/L is still a step shy of what an epic armor would allow. As Nemu noted, part of the fun and challenge of a melee blaster is using your movement and positioning to survive. I still need to get this guy to 50 to really get a feel for it, but I doubt this build would have a problem jumping in blindly most of the time anyhow.

Burnout is a clear flex pick. You could drop consume in its place if you want. I would love to have room to drop a few strategic procs in blazing bolt and blaze. It's a sad day for me when I don't get to use any purple damage procs, but the defense slotting makes it too tight as far as I can see. Fortunately, fire/ isn't exactly hurting for ST damage, so doesn't really need to rely on procs to get an edge.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Char King: Level 50 Technology Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(7)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(9), Artl-Acc/Dam(11), Artl-Dam/End(11), Artl-Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13)
Level 4: Fire Sword -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(48)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(17), Artl-Acc/Dam(19), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 12: Aim -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(23), GssSynFr--Build%(25)
Level 14: Kick -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(50), ExpStr-Dam%(50)
Level 16: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(25)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(27), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Cauterizing Aura -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(31), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(33)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), ShlWal-Def(34), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(34), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 28: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 30: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-%Dam(39)
Level 35: Burn -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(42)
Level 38: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Really nice build @Onlyasandwich -- I remember the days when I valued purps. Now I have racks full collecting dust in my SG base. I find myself using winter sets more often these days, which don't drop, and still don't provide +rech. I hate using 5 or 6 slots for 1 desired bonus. We need sets with big +rech & +def, like the confuse set, I need a set list that let's you search for 2 or more bonuses, not just 1 like Set Bonus Finder in Mids. Procs are awesome on certain sets -- they made a monster difference on that fire/storm troller you helped me build. But I don't know how well these fast attacks would proc, and wouldn't benefit from the 2 BUs anyways, right?

I looked through the other secondaries, I actually just rolled fire assuming it would be the damage king. Unless I'm missing something big, it looks like the best dps is high rech to cycle through BB, Blase and a 3rd attack -- it looks like most sets have a ST bigger than Burn for that 3rd attack, but even then it looks like maybe 300 DPA instead of 230 w Burn, losing the 2 dmg/slow/kd toggles. Slightly better, but not much, on paper -- I've never played any other set so no actual experience. But it looks like Fire/Fire is a solid top-performing AoE & ST powerset, again, assuming you have sufficiently high rech. Is that what you were alluding to earlier when you said it's moot if you have enough rech to chain Blazing Bolt and Blaze?

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I'm up to 40 at this point and excited to slot it all the way.

Indeed it is what I meant. Fire doesn't need to lean on its secondary for good st, though it does help to fill out the chain depending on recharge. /Fire has reasonable tools for this in fire sword and burn, though not as good as say /electric. If we are looking at it for purely aoe, I think /fire is still among the best options because of hot feet.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:10 AM, Nemu said:

If we are talking about IOed 50s then RoP is simply not necessary and not as effective for lower level exemped content when the alternative is to be able to achieve softcap or very close to softcap ranged defense and around 30% s/l/melee defense by level 25. Getting mezzed at that point is a minor nuisance and hardly life threatening.  Occasionally RNG will fail and you will get hurt/die but that's no more inconsistent than RoP being up 2/3 of the time. Speeding Citadel/Hess/Yin is a thing and I see the above build having a harder time keeping up. Skill definitely compensates for whatever the build is lacking though. However I will say that RoP is much more useful at higher levels.

Say what you want about Scorpion Shield lending to squishier blasters and all, I don't disagree. However I can tell you from observation that most blasters die because they don't move or know how and when to move. RoP is a nice safety net. Against nasty factions like IDF I can definitely see RoP + Charged Armor + ranged softcap doing well, but that means sacrifices in recharge bonuses/power picks among other things.

My standard template for melee blasters includes S/L/R/E/N softcap and >50% slow resist. I've dabbled with leviathan for KO blow and a resist shield combined with ranged softcap and I've found that + around 25-30%ish s/l defense is enough for melee blasters when your playstyle involves jousting in and out of combat. I think Leviathan with ranged softcap can be a fun pairing for fire/fire, KO blow hits hard, insta holds bosses with the blistering cold proc, and is a FF mule to make up somewhat for lost recharge building that way. There are better secondaries than Fire manipulation if you really want a top end blaster but let's work with what you've got.

The build I posted was specifically mentioned to be for endgame content, not an exemplar focused build. Also for the majority of low level TFs, any IO'd/catalyzed fire blaster is going to have a cake walk. I run enough characters through those TFs for accolades than I care to repeat any of them for merit farming. 

Getting mezzed is a toggle drop on hot feet, so whether or not it is going to cause you harm or not is less of a point than that it causes you to lose dps from having your powers disabled, even if it is just 2 seconds, losing the hot feet damage, and spending more time retoggling it when you could have thrown another blaze/blazing bolt.

The uptime of RoP is also alot better in practice for a blaster because you can cast Inferno on a group during its downtime, or pop a purple insp to softcap yourself. The value in RoP is that it stretches your inspiration tray a really, really long way. It is effectively 2-3 oranges and a break free (over the course of a 10 min TF you nearly just doubled the size of your inspiration tray just by having this power) that are on 90 second durations as opposed to the 60 seconds that inspirations last, and then you only need to pop 1-2 purples to godmode yourself during the downtime, which is far less insp usage than you will get from kill speed drops. Also when you're aware of the tendencies of the mob groups youre fighting the effective downtime of RoP  becomes less and less, as you don't need to hit it if the group has already been engaged upon, or doesn't have a mezzer present, or you have your nuke recharged, or youre just about done with the mission and can save it while you transition to the next mission. It also makes just about every AV fight a breeze and in many circumstances that may be all you need it for, since trash groups are typically a non threat anyways, which again lends greatly to its uptime/downtime cycle, where no AV fight should be lasting longer than 90 seconds and it will typically take about a minute to get to the next one. 

KoB for blasters is pretty cool, but the resist shield has a nearly pointless tertiary resist type. Cold damage is extremely rare, outside of holiday events, and the majority of cold attacks have a S/L component and can be deflected with S/L defense. IOs also provide very easy to access F/C resists with no build cost.

I also really recommend putting the status resist IO in fireball, as the uptime is a far cry from what you will see with it in Flares. Even though Flares can be cast while you're mezzed, youre more likely to open a fight with fireball before the enemy group is able to cast their mez power and youre then protected ahead of time (again avoiding the hot feet detoggle). In the build you posted I also feel that you're missing out on alot of potential without slotting the apocalypse damage proc or the double Hecatomb/Unbreakable Constraint purple procs in KoB. The fury of the gladiator resistance debuff proc also works much better in Burn as it amplifies its own damage and generally works better as a single target rotation filler than FSC does. Both putting the status resist IO in flares and using FSC are things I've had in my build in the past and respecced out of. FSC looks great on paper (aside from the animation time), but falls short in practice due to the 10 ft radius and targets capped at 10 as opposed to 16 which Fireball and Inferno can hit.

Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.

Yeah, different build goals, different builds.

I'll have to play around with the status proc in something other than my T1/2. My experience is that the proc doesn't grant protection, just resistance, but I could be wrong. With defense softcap there are few mezzes that consistently hit me, so I've always relegated that proc to "nice when it happens but I'm not going to count on it" category.

I like exemping down to hang out with lowbie teams, it's part of my "blasters isn't all /ta or /dev" education campaign. My SG is full of casual players that don't even know what pylon times are and they do a lot of non-50 stuff. So, I don't exclusively run high end iTrials and TFs but I have no problems keeping up with the best of them when I do. As such my standard template has ranged softcap and a decent attack chain by level 25-30. That is reflected in the build I posted.

I noted your other comments, I don't disagree, and I think your build is something that @beradical can really take advantage of, if he's the same @beradicalin one of my global channels that runs a lot of itrials and high level speed TFs. At that level incarnate powers can fill whatever hole the build has, and it's nice break to not pick clarion as a default on a blaster.

PS I don't really like FSC either, the animation is clunky AF because the pause at the end annoys me to no end, just like the pause at the end of fire blast. I took combustion on my elec/fire (gasp!) for the bigger radius. I don't sweat the DPS, I know blasters do enough damage to get the job done.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

3 hours ago, Nemu said:

I noted your other comments, I don't disagree, and I think your build is something that @beradical can really take advantage of, if he's the same @beradicalin one of my global channels that runs a lot of itrials and high level speed TFs.

Indeed I am! And yeah, I'll run the occasional WSF but mostly 50+ content, and when it's quiet I like to run solo TFs. Which means my goal for every toon is the same - balancing max killing with survivability without depending on team buffs, but unlike solo purists, I love my inspirations, temps, lores etc. I'll happily drop 20 million for 8 hours of softcap.

I was really surprised at how difficult specing and surviving on a Blaster is! My Kin and Radfender have better def/res toggles + monster de/buffs, and are relatively easy to spec and solo -- they just kill slower. This is why he has quickly become my favorite to play, especially the /Fire which challenges me to stay alive in melee as much as possible. When I die on my stalkers I look through the combat logs and try to figure out what the hell went wrong. But this blaster dies and I think, I must have been doing something right.

• Like 2

I got to run my first itf on this guy today, and my build is mostly complete. Even before catalyzing my winter sets and atos, he is super fun and powerful to play!

Definitely don't miss fire breath, and I find myself using burn more often than I thought I would. The double slow action of rof and hit feet make it relatively painless even without a tank holding them tight. I think I have a new favorite!

Edited by Onlyasandwich

I ran LGTF, Apex & Tin Mage, using my S/L/R soft-cap build, and did fine. I still get 1 or 2-shotted occasionally, got held speeding through Rikti mobs a few times, def debuff hurts bad, but I was still first to each fight, scrappers and brutes had to fight me for aggro, and I did great. Until final battle in TM and died like 3 times in a row, between the 4 AVs on a 6 man team, scrapper had no taunt, I suspect I was pulling aggro due to my AoEs. The problem was it only took 2 hits or so to kill me, and I completely wasted demonic aura popping it at low health. I didn't have much time to react once a hit got through.

So for a baseline I ran a S&L Farm at x2+8 and struggled immensely, dropping to x1 and even x0+8. It wasn't pretty, but I could manage at 0 or 1 because I kill enough that I could keep the inspirations coming.

So I decided to roll @DreadShinobi build (very slightly modified), convinced it would be hell, and ran an ITF. Hahahaha. Ahhaaha. It's so effing stupid. I just steamrolled that TF. This build has synergy, the rech lets me kill faster to stay alive. I don't get 1 or 2-shotted, so I have time to pop an insp. I don't need toggles, most resist comes from sets. Yesterday I would have told you that Rain of Fire was one of my favorite powers, now I don't even miss it. AoE dmg went up, I can spam EF, FB and Burn which have fast cast times, and EF solves my runner problem. My ST dmg went up cycling BB, B & FS, or BB, B & RingFire if ranged; I have RoP running more than I don't, with Demonic Aura to cover gaps. With Mu Adept + BP Lore, the 4 of us wrecked Requim while group was still focused on Rom & computer.

So then I ran a S&L Farm at x2+8 and wiped the floor with them, maybe faster than my Spines/Fire Brute? It was a lot harder, had to rely on inspirations to stay alive, but it was absurdly fun. @ x4+8 I died a few times, but as long as I kept it to one group at a time I could manage.

I can't wait to run some more team-centric TFs with this build - ITF is kinda scattered as everyone sprints through the objectives. But in most TFs we're more clumped, where the ubiquitous Maneuvers will be noticeable since I'm not soft-capped, as will common -ToHit debuffs and a light heal. I think this is going to be a very sturdy melee build for most trials and TFs. And when I'm not near teammates, a purple does wonders.

2 hours ago, beradical said:

I ran LGTF, Apex & Tin Mage, using my S/L/R soft-cap build, and did fine. I still get 1 or 2-shotted occasionally, got held speeding through Rikti mobs a few times, def debuff hurts bad, but I was still first to each fight, scrappers and brutes had to fight me for aggro, and I did great. Until final battle in TM and died like 3 times in a row, between the 4 AVs on a 6 man team, scrapper had no taunt, I suspect I was pulling aggro due to my AoEs. The problem was it only took 2 hits or so to kill me, and I completely wasted demonic aura popping it at low health. I didn't have much time to react once a hit got through.

So for a baseline I ran a S&L Farm at x2+8 and struggled immensely, dropping to x1 and even x0+8. It wasn't pretty, but I could manage at 0 or 1 because I kill enough that I could keep the inspirations coming.

So I decided to roll @DreadShinobi build (very slightly modified), convinced it would be hell, and ran an ITF. Hahahaha. Ahhaaha. It's so effing stupid. I just steamrolled that TF. This build has synergy, the rech lets me kill faster to stay alive. I don't get 1 or 2-shotted, so I have time to pop an insp. I don't need toggles, most resist comes from sets. Yesterday I would have told you that Rain of Fire was one of my favorite powers, now I don't even miss it. AoE dmg went up, I can spam EF, FB and Burn which have fast cast times, and EF solves my runner problem. My ST dmg went up cycling BB, B & FS, or BB, B & RingFire if ranged; I have RoP running more than I don't, with Demonic Aura to cover gaps. With Mu Adept + BP Lore, the 4 of us wrecked Requim while group was still focused on Rom & computer.

So then I ran a S&L Farm at x2+8 and wiped the floor with them, maybe faster than my Spines/Fire Brute? It was a lot harder, had to rely on inspirations to stay alive, but it was absurdly fun. @ x4+8 I died a few times, but as long as I kept it to one group at a time I could manage.

I can't wait to run some more team-centric TFs with this build - ITF is kinda scattered as everyone sprints through the objectives. But in most TFs we're more clumped, where the ubiquitous Maneuvers will be noticeable since I'm not soft-capped, as will common -ToHit debuffs and a light heal. I think this is going to be a very sturdy melee build for most trials and TFs. And when I'm not near teammates, a purple does wonders.

Glad to hear you had a good time with my build. It is definitely a different playstyle than a typical blaster build, but overall allows you to play much more aggressively imo. Access to RoP makes the build shine in areas that other blaster builds can struggle with such as enemy factions that have more exotic damage types and shut down powers. It is great for all the incarnate content, the psi resist is really nice for MoM trial, and even the toxic resist helps vs greater devoured spit in UG, which can otherwise be a massive pita. 

As you play the build more and get comfortable with the two defense numbers, the 20% melee defense and 28% ranged defense it just gets easier. 32.5% ranged defense would have been alot better allowing for a ranged softcap with a small purple, but honestly with how short combat duration is for blasters its not necessary and deflecting a few attacks is plenty. Being in range of a single maneuvers can actually make a difference you can feel, and thats a nice feeling, compared to being at softcap all the time and getting little to nothing from team defense buffs while your resists are likely in the pits still. Teaming with a cold domination def/corr/troller is also wonderful for this character. A medium purple is +25% defense and puts your melee up to 45% and ranged to nearly incarnate softcap. A guarded insp (18.75% def, 11.25% res) will softcap your ranged defense and hardcap many of your resist values. I won't deny my blasters sg base has 7 very stocked inspiration collectors, so I typically use larger insps with this character, or I run with stacks of team-red insps to act as a wannabe fire/kin corr. 

Don't forget Demonic Aura and all other accolades will be receiving a small nerf with the next patch for high recharge builds, and will increase their cooldowns from 6-7 mins to 10 mins.

I've never tried AE farming with the character but interesting to hear you gave it a shot! The only farming I do is afk farming with brute auto burn.

42 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I can definitely see how ef makes life easier. Do you feel the lower target cap is noticable at all? Ef is only 10, while rof matches fireball with 16. You can spam it more, and it helps burn hit for full damage, so I imagine that more than makes up the difference.

It is pretty noticeable. Fireball is a 15 ft radius with a 16 target cap and Elec Fences is a 10 ft radius with a 10 target cap. Burn solves the target cap and radius discrepency. After casting Fireball>Burn you have typically already reduced the mob size and given a moment to the AI to clump up on you to where Elec fences will hit everything remaining that it needs to before AI decides it no longer wants to be a part of combat with a fire blaster.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 1

Currently on fire.

Yeah, it's my biggest complaint about Fire - the radius' are pretty small. Anything less than 25ft and you will often not hit every mob in a group. Fireball's 15ft is not enough, certainly not EF's 10ft or Burn's 8ft. RoF, Inf & Judgement are the best for radius.

But where Fire lacks radius, it gets speed. FB & EF have like 1s cast times, and can be spammed with Ageless. As opposed to RoF's 2, Inf's 3 (and why I insist on Pyronic for this build). That is why I always opened with RoF to hit every mob and slow them, because the 2s cast time didn't matter to start -- but also why I tended to avoid using it mid-battle.

I wouldn't fault anyone for dropping Summon Adept and taking Rain of Fire instead - but you lose valuable set bonuses because you can't take Ragnarok (already at 10% rech cap), and nothing else gives def, rech & dmg.

*Edit -- I might have lost some actual AoE dmg with this respec, losing RoF, and relying on 3 small radius attacks. But it hits very hard within that 8ft radius, because RoF's 2s ct lowers it's DPA, and the rech lets you spam the 3 higher DPA small radius attacks. I like this style, focus on AV/EB/B and everyone else melts. On a team taunting mobs in it will shine.

ST went way up. I just laid a serious beat down on scrappy, no inspirations, and the ST increase is noticeable. Also, Mu isn't good solo, lmao, Scrappy ignored me and left melee to run over and one shot the Mu. On a team holding aggro I imagine he'll be a nice addition to dmg.

Edited by beradical

Ya Summon Adept is 100% skippable, I barely use it because you can't control who it attacks. It is just a set bonus mule that sometimes works out as some minor extra damage. I just really like expedient reinforcement set bonuses, with the unique combination of +dmg, +rchg, +ranged defense. Electric Shackles can also be used in that slot which provides 7.5% rchg with just 4 slots and a small amount of ranged defense, and then gives you 2 slots to put elsewhere. Or you can use Rain of Fire, Fire Breath, Fire Sword Circle, Consume, or Burnout in that slot, depending on your playstyle. 

Currently on fire.

Mu definitely dies fast. You can control him once you drop the Lore's and get the pet menu, but still not big value.

So then I was toying with the idea of NOT attuning the Defiant Barrage ATO set, dropping it to 7.5% rech, and status resist proc is unaffected, rest of the set losses are minor. But then I could take RoF w Ragnarok, giving a nice boost to rech, more resists, and a low level AoE for exempting TFs...

15 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

Electric Shackles can also be used in that slot which provides 7.5% rchg with just 4 slots and a small amount of ranged defense

but this idea is really solid, a couple extra slots would be great, plus this toon would then have a ranged, melee and hold - ready to solo weakened hami in LGTF 😃

FWIW, this is the build I settled on, slightly modified version of @DreadShinobi's build. I decided to add Rain of Fire, it's nice for exempting, but it also gives a complete AoE attack chain, and I find I use all 6 AoEs (including Judgement) frequently during the mob cleanup parts of TFs/trials. The high rech also allows me to cycle BB, B & either FS or Ring of Fire, giving me very high dmg complete attack chains for AoE, ST ranged & ST melee without any gaps.

This is easily my favorite toon, and build, and quickly has become my main -- there is no waste, every power is used or needed for a set piece/bonus. The synergy is fantastic, since my goals were max dmg and strong survivability, both achieved with high rech sets which tend to have resist. Building for soft-cap was often def or rech, or req'd unused powers like boxing. The only ugly part is using non-attuned Defiant Barrage since 10% rech capped, but the losses are minimal.

I bound RoP to F but put on auto (easy to undo when I want manual ctrl), bound Hasten to w+forward, and Ageless+rbutton+mouse_look since casting doesn't interfere with looking (as opposed to a movement key). This keeps all 3 cast as soon as they are available, with minimal interruption, and let's me focus on damage. The only time I'm not doing damage is when I'm hitting Aim+BU and about to do even more damage.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

e.Radicate: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), DfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(13), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), DfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(31)
Level 4: Fire Sword -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Hct-Dam%(5), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Rgn-Knock%(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 8: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(17)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Aim -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(31)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(23)
Level 20: Cauterizing Aura -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(34), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(37), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(40), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(43), PwrTrns-+Heal(48)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(27), StnoftheM-Dam%(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(29), Apc-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 30: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(46)
Level 38: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(42)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-End/Res(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), GldArm-ResDam(43)
Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 47: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Edited by beradical
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DocRadio said:

The version of MIDS that I have can't open these builds. I can't find a link to download the latest version. I downloaded a build from github, but I can't find anything in the zip to execute or installation instructions.

Never mind. Found an updated installer.

• 3 weeks later

I went the glass cannon route with my fire/fire/fire blaster. I decided to max recharge and damage; which included adding procs for +recharge and buildup. I tinkered with my current build using some of the tricks I saw in yours and here's my glass cannon version. It's got 182% recharge (excluding incarnates and +recharge proc); and 39% damage bonus (excluding buildup and aim). I have consume and took it out for melt armor; not sure I'm going to keep it that way. Inferno at 38 sec cd, but that often comes down because of the FF proc on bonfire. Most people seem to dislike Acrobatics; for this build I'm fine with it and don't see any better value replacement.

I used to use it for TF's, but it melts things so fast everyone just looks sad for not having something to shoot at. So it's retired atm unless I can figure out how to make my alt build solo the STF.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(50), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(50), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(50), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(50), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(50), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(50), GrvAnc-Hold%(50)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 6: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Fire Breath -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 10: Fire Sword Circle -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 12: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-Rchg(50)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 16: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-Rchg(50)
Level 18: Blaze -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(50), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Apc-Acc/Rchg(50), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Cauterizing Aura -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(23), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(25), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(50), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(50), PwrTrns-+Heal(50)
Level 24: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 28: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Dam%(50)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc-KB/Rech(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50), SuddAcc-KB/Acc/Dmg(50), SuddAcc-KB/Dmg/Rech(50)
Level 38: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Slow%(50), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Melt Armor -- AnlWkn-%ToHit(A), AnlWkn-DefDeb(42), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(42), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(43), AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
------------

20 hours ago, Olly said:

I went the glass cannon route with my fire/fire/fire blaster. I decided to max recharge and damage; which included adding procs for +recharge and buildup. I tinkered with my current build using some of the tricks I saw in yours and here's my glass cannon version. It's got 182% recharge (excluding incarnates and +recharge proc); and 39% damage bonus (excluding buildup and aim). I have consume and took it out for melt armor; not sure I'm going to keep it that way. Inferno at 38 sec cd, but that often comes down because of the FF proc on bonfire. Most people seem to dislike Acrobatics; for this build I'm fine with it and don't see any better value replacement.

I used to use it for TF's, but it melts things so fast everyone just looks sad for not having something to shoot at. So it's retired atm unless I can figure out how to make my alt build solo the STF.

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Blaster

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(50), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(50), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(50), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(50), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(50), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(50), GrvAnc-Hold%(50)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Fire Breath -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 10: Fire Sword Circle -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 12: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-Rchg(50)
Level 16: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-Rchg(50)
Level 18: Blaze -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(50), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Apc-Acc/Rchg(50), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Cauterizing Aura -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(23), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(25), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(50), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(50), PwrTrns-+Heal(50)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Inferno -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Dam%(50)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc-KB/Rech(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50), SuddAcc-KB/Acc/Dmg(50), SuddAcc-KB/Dmg/Rech(50)
Level 38: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Slow%(50), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Melt Armor -- AnlWkn-%ToHit(A), AnlWkn-DefDeb(42), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(42), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(43), AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
------------

AoE rotation: Burn, FSC, and Fireball, Inferno whenever its up

Single Target Rotation: Blazing Bolt and Blaze and fireball filler

Updates: +7% S/L Def +5% Res all

+10% recharge

Let me know what you think. I just changed the build around a bit to something I might use myself. Do you find the PPM on bonfire for recharge good enough?

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Magic Blaster

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 6: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(27), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 38: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Slow%(50), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 41: Burn -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(43)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
------------

Do you find the PPM on bonfire for recharge good enough?

Yes. I changed my chain to pop it after Inferno. It then reliably procs (since cd is over 10s) and drops my Inferno cd from 38s to about 30s without Ageless.

Nice tweak on the build. I 6-slotted flares since it's one of two attacks I use for ST. Interesting how you added Blazing Bolt instead. Let me know how it plays for you.

My aoe rotation is:  ( insps, BU+Aim, jump in) -> Inferno -> Bonfire (FF proc) -> Fire Sword Circle -> Fireball (to see what's left standing) -> (jump back) -> Fire breath / Flares (decimation proc) / Blaze / Fire cage / Char as needed

ST: flares -> blaze

Edited by Olly
more stuff

On 11/9/2020 at 12:33 AM, beradical said:

So I open with Rain of Fire (-SPD) and charge into the group with Hot Feet toggled, both -SPD powers help a lot to slow down runners, and both have large radius. Then I pop Burn then Inferno hitting as many mobs as possible.

How is everything not dead at this point? I mean, maybe a boss or two, depending on misses, but if this does not burn down all the minions and LTs, I cannot imagine what you are fighting. Are you running +4x8? Even then, it seems like that sequence should clear most of the chafe. Are you popping both Aim and Build Up before you rush in? How much does your fully pumped Inferno do?