New Recipe Idea: Recycle Enhancement

There's a glut of certain Inventions on the market, and I sure don't have any other place to put them:

image.png.8e53cf8f68f43bd9dc1e35cc8e9a0ed7.png

The Homecoming Team wants Inf sinks, right?

Here's one!

Invention Enhancement Recycling

Let's say it costs about 50% to 150% of the Crafting Cost of a given Enhancement (Devs' discretion), and in return the player gets a random amount of Brainstorm Ideas.

Something like:

17.5% Chance for 1 Brainstorm Idea

70% Chance for 2 Brainstorm Ideas

12.5% Chance for 3 Brainstorm Ideas

I don't think there is any need to fear that players might stop posting Invention Enhancements on the market at all after this, as a new demand for these Enhancements would be created.

At worst, I think this might hurt the players who want to buy and slot the Generic Inventions, as another use for these Inventions will increase their value on the market.  But given that it's an Inf sink, I don't imagine it will offset things too much.   It'll just give us a reason to actually not just throw the Inventions in to the trash after crafting them.

Possibly tie a Badge or two to the process as well to drum up interest.

Things like:  "Sanitation Expert" or "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Whoa, at those prices i can't afford to NOT start a new troller!  I'll call him... Sleep U At Ranger!

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 4 weeks later

... set the memorization badges to 3 each to cut down the crafting?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

The pointless Enhancements continue to vex me!

If they're pointless, why are you crafting them?  (If they're for memorization, they aren't pointless.)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

3 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

That's not a bad alternative, @Greycat, but that would ultimately only reduce the amount of them, not the lack of usefulness of them.

It looks to me like the glut *is* really a major part of the complaint. I mean, the enhancements themselves aren't useless - but (say) the Immobilize or Stun probably sits around longer than Damage, since fewer sets use them (compared to pretty much every AT and a majority of sets using Damage, Acc, EndRdx, etc.)

For me it's more the level than the type that's an issue. I don't use level 10 commons, for instance. I'm wondering if my 15s are going to start feeling pointless with SOs being the primary drop now, honestly - I used to use those into the early-mid 20s because they were equal/slightly better than the DOs without needing updated, and cheap to make, but now they fall behind. 20's been a "15s are cheaper." 25-35 has been the "sweet spot" range for me, and I rarely use commons that are higher, as I'm probably poking around sets

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Its not a glut, its an isk sink.  Nobody really wants IO,  95% of the charactesrs are going to its an IO build with bonuses even if its cheap.  Sink is on your end, for badges as there is no reason to build so many IO.  

On the other hand, I got to sink some time and destroy a bunch of IO I just picked up.  You are welcome 👍

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer