Buff Boost Range

Vanden

With its 60s recharge and 30s duration, Boost Range is clearly meant to be perma'd, if that's what you want in your build. But with such a short duration, you have to cast it extremely frequently. Energy Manipulation already has to be casting Energize constantly to get its sustain effect (which I've also suggested we do something about), so to also have to deal with incessant Boost Range casts on top of that is really annoying. If we just quadruple the recharge and duration, putting it at 120s duration and 240s recharge, it becomes much less annoying to maintain the buff, while keeping the uptime and slot cost the same as it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't say much except /jranger unless they are toned down. 

Cheapish Water/EngMan build (get the most out of Power Boost when its up with the -def) with no purples or winters, perma boost range and energize, 35% lethal/smash defense, and some knockback protection and no hasten...okish build to just waste time with a group who can cap that defense; it won't be competing stuff solo at +4/8 much.  Dominator movement keybind, they are up 24/7 (granted crappy animation), And 21 slots left over 😨.

If you want 2 minute duration boost range, probably cut the 50% down to half.  That 50% for 2 minutes + perma endurance reduction; thats freaking scary at +100 range beyond NPC range attacks (lol Energy Torrent control, slot a range enhancement at 80 range and just keep hopping back) and probably a bit OP in PVP since you can just bounce around (slotted Fitness, CJ, and Sprint for unsupressed movement) with range attacks exceeding melee or most other range powersets except for anything /Energy Manipulation.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 hour ago, Outrider_01 said:

I can't say much except /jranger unless they are toned down. 

Cheapish Water/EngMan build (get the most out of Power Boost when its up with the -def) with no purples or winters, perma boost range and energize, 35% lethal/smash defense, and some knockback protection and no hasten...okish build to just waste time with a group who can cap that defense; it won't be competing stuff solo at +4/8 much.  Dominator movement keybind, they are up 24/7 (granted crappy animation), And 21 slots left over 😨.

If you want 2 minute duration boost range, probably cut the 50% down to half.  That 50% for 2 minutes + perma endurance reduction; thats freaking scary at +100 range beyond NPC range attacks (lol Energy Torrent control, slot a range enhancement at 80 range and just keep hopping back) and probably a bit OP in PVP since you can just bounce around (slotted Fitness, CJ, and Sprint for unsupressed movement) with range attacks exceeding melee or most other range powersets except for anything /Energy Manipulation.

I think if they just made One of these clicks easier to deal with the rest could probably remain as is.

The problem with Boost Range being a 240s base recharge is if I die early in its duration I'm unable to use it again until it's recharged, which seems a bit punishing for what is supposed to be one of the main selling points of the set.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• 2 years later