Could we get a martial blaster set?

badudu8122

Dear Santa,

Hey there! First timer here so sorry if there's any forum etiquette I'm missing out on. 

I've been playing a Dominator recently and am absolutely in love with the martial set. Jumping around throwing shurikens like a ninja is so cool and had me wishing for a way to make a blaster or sent and focus on it. New to the whole "Dev's adding new powers" so obviously I'm sure its not as easy as flipping a switch, but seems like there would almost be enough powers to just run with it.  Proposed set would look like:

Shuriken Throw (Pulled from martial dom secondary)

Aimed throw (Moderate damage shuriken throw)

Trick shot (Pulled from martial dom secondary)

caltrops (Pulled from martial dom secondary)

Envenomed blades (Pulled from martial dom secondary)

masterful throw (Pulled from martial dom secondary)

Volley of blades (Cone damage)

Stunning throw (Single target stun)

explosive shuriken (Pulled from martial dom secondary)

The only real additions would be the 7th and 8th powerset, where as everything else is pulled from /martial dom set, but just think of the fun possibilities of a martial/martial blaster! 😄 

Anyways, thanks for reading this if you do! Friend suggested I should post it on the forums, most likely because of how much I complain about wanting it, so figured it didn't hurt! Thank you!

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, summers said:

Can we have alternative animations for super throwing? It'd be like Gravity's Propel, except you'd pick up cars and other large objects and throw them at the baddies. Or heroes.

It'd likely be a coding nightmare, but I've love the ability to just pick up baddy A, throw him at baddy B, and both take damage from it.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

So far since the game got taken over by SCORE/Homecoming we've had additions to every powerset type besides Blast and Control. I'd love for them to add Throwing Weapons as a new blast set, and maybe even Trickery from the same thread as a control set.

I mean... Page 2 of issue 27 is going to be looking at proliferating Ninjitsu to Tankers and Brutes, so I'm just gonna say... keep the ninja theme going with Throwing Weapons and Trickery too 😅

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1

@Lyris came up with the idea for 2 great powersets, Flechettes (for small hurled items (like Shurikens)) & Thrown Weapons (for large hurled items that ricochet & return to you (like Boomerang, Chakram, etc...)).

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/16340-shuriken-throw-set/?do=findComment&comment=212517

Edited by Shadowsleuth