Old Character Names

the_exiled311

Hi everyone.  Old player from 2004-2012. Just downloaded the game today; can’t say how stoked I am to play CoH again.

My question is: were the old character name databases imported or did the names’ availability get reset? I’m hoping to recreate my old characters including their names. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the_exiled311 said:

Hi everyone.  Old player from 2004-2012. Just downloaded the game today; can’t say how stoked I am to play CoH again.

My question is: were the old character name databases imported or did the names’ availability get reset? I’m hoping to recreate my old characters including their names. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hey welcome! To answer your question, no, there were no transfers of character names from the old days. Availability of names has steadily dwindle(?) since April of last year, but if you're looking for something in particular, you can enter a command in to the chat tab to see who has the name you want (if it's already taken) otherwise, you can check during character creation. 

Edit: Does have the command? I'm not at my computer. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

If you've already got a character up and running and get an idea or want to check if a name's available, you can also just /friend charactername while in game. Either they'll be added to your friends list (you can /unfriend later to get them off of it) or be told they're not available or don't exist. With the second message, the name's typically free.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.