Fighting Pool Build

ddime2000

Quick question for a concept toon I'm playing around with. Has anyone done any kind of build for a character using the Fighting Pool powers as their primary offense? I made a Dark/Willpower Scrapper that I am trying to focus on the Fighting Pool with. I doubt it will produce any kind of  dominant toon but it's something different, lol. Appreciate any input ahead of time!

The attacks aren't great, but they are serviceable and very proc-friendly. I actually quite like Kick and Cross Punch - they both take the Force Feedback proc and turn a filler attack into a recharge generator. 

Because of the Containment double damage, they can actually work very well on a controller looking to pick up some brawling ability.

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I don't think tanks get a better radius or anything like that - the only thing that tends to affect pool powers is scalars, and there are no AT scalars for radius.

I use cross punch on my Bio/Savage tank in place of shred - similar damage but faster animation, some soft control from knockdown, and adds a bit of smashing damage in amidst all the lethal. It also gives me some recharge/accuracy from also having boxing and kick, and a place for the FF proc for even more recharge.

It would work pretty well mixed in with super strength as well (probably by design) - boxing would outperform jab, and cross punch would add an extra AoE attack besides foot stomp.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, Krimson said:

My scrapper took boxing, tough, weave, and cross punch. I think in Boxing, I have four Absolute Amazement slotted. I usually take Kick, but this scrapper was a bit different. Boxing is mostly a mule, but I use it sometimes fighting bosses. I got all of two slots in Cross Punch slotted with Razzle Dazzle. It knocks stuff often enough to be useful. Mind you, my Street Justice/WP Scrapper is a little off beat. I have Brawl four slotted with Hecatomb mostly as a mule, but I have used it in Ouro content when exemped. That mission where you break out of the Zig (red side) at level 1, I used four slotted Brawl for everything. At level 50, not at all. But I do use cross punch all the time. 

I love kick.  It is fun to see it knockdown a baddie.  Better, the killing blow on the baddie.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 12/8/2020 at 10:53 AM, ThrillMill said:

Do Tankers get a better conical radius on their version of Cross Punch? 

Radius doesn't increase for cones on tankers. It should only be an Arc increase. I havent checked, but I would assume Tanks get 75 degrees for the arc on Cross Punch

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

My only characters that actually uses the Fighting Pool for its attacks (and not just for the toggles) are my Petless MM and a slotted Boxing for my Energy Melee Scrapper. I've had no complaints other than that the powers have no data in-game to show their damage due to the synergy mechanic and I don't think I can trust Mids' information on them.

Edited by ForeverLaxx

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

21 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

My only characters that actually uses the Fighting Pool for its attacks (and not just for the toggles) are my Petless MM and a slotted Boxing for my Energy Melee Scrapper. I've had no complaints other than that the powers have no data in-game to show their damage due to the synergy mechanic and I don't think I can trust Mids' information on them.

You can't trust Mids for it, yet. But I can tell you the data in terms of damage scales.

Boxing is 0.76 

Kick is 0.84

Cross Punch is 1.27

When you own 2 fighting pool attack powers, increase their base damage by 15%.

Boxing is 0.874

Kick is 0.966

Cross Punch is 1.4605

When you own all 3 fighting pool attack powers, increase their base damage by 30%

Boxing is 0.988

Kick is 1.092

Cross Punch is 1.651

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 3 months later

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone have any data on the empowered Brawl from the fighting pool?

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas