Splash King

Purrfekshawn

Please advise some power combination that lets you issue some sort of GIANT splashes, We mean AoE's in non-stop mode those will hit everything (or at least almost everything) on the screen in non-stop mode. Don't suggest a build that has both Cones AND PBAoE powers because these don't go with eachother well (require constant movement). Damage may be not that devastatic, but not tiny eitha, so don't suggest ay Controller builds with their tiny lil' damage.

On top of that it's desirable this build should have something that would prevent the enemies such as Archvillains from clucking away like tiny lil' scared to death chickling (btw: one who programmed AV's to run away from you in panic back on live must have been very seriously demented. In AE mission We put 3 AV allies (they become lvl 50) into when engaging an AV enemy (lvl 54), they become scared of enemy and try to run away from it, while AV enemy becomes scared of allies and run away from them as a result everyone runs away from everyone run-run-rudolph).

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

10 minutes ago, alt2 said:

Rad Armor / Dark Melee / Soul Tanker - Shadow Maul, Touch of Fear (Procs), Soul Drain, Dark Consumption, Radiation Therapy (Procs), Ground Zero (Procs), Dark Obliteration

Shield Defense / Dark Melee / Soul Tanker - Shadow Maul, Touch of Fear (Procs), Soul Drain, Dark Consumption, Shield Charge, Dark Obliteration, Damage boosted by AAO

Rad Armor / Savage Melee / Soul Tanker - Shred, Rending Flurry, Savage Leap (Procs), Radiation Therapy (Procs), Ground Zero (Procs), Dark Obliteration

Shield Defense / Savage Melee / Soul Tanker - Shred, Rending Flurry, Savage Leap (Procs), Shield Charge, Dark Obliteration, Damage boosted by AAO

I prefer Soul to Mu but you can substitute it to do Electric Fences/Ball Lightning if you want an extra AoE power.  I find Fences and immobilizations in general annoying so I don't use it usually, and Gloom is one of the best single target DPS powers so it really helps single target damage when there aren't enough enemies to justify AoE.

Dark Melee for splash??? Is that a joke? 2 AoEs and each of them have 2 or more minutes for recharge. Shadow Maul is a cone & requires positioning.

Savage Melee We can understand, but lethal damage type ((((...

---

Also how about something like Blaster powersets for Ranged or something similar to it?..

Edit: ah there's updated Touch of Fear, but it's only one splash

Edited by Purrfekshawn

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

Water/Fire/Flame Blaster.

Water/ has Water Burst and Geyser. Whirlpool can take slow enhancement to stop runners (unlike Rain of Fire). Steam Spray is skippable, but has a pretty wide cone that doesn't need much repositioning.

/fire has Combustion, Fire Sword Circle, Cauterizing Aura, Consume, Burn, and Hot Feet

//flame has Bonfire. Put Sudden Acceleration Knockback to Knockdown in it.

Edited by RobotLove

7 minutes ago, alt2 said:

snip

Well, 10 ft isn't a Screen-wide thing ayway. What if tanking something like Seers and they stay away from eachotha & aint being splashed.

1 hour ago, alt2 said:

I see you edited in a request for blasters, I would have responded differently or not at all if you'd specifically asked for just blasters.

Okay, maybe not exactly Blasters, but rather Masters instead. Masters of the AoE, Splash and Fluff Damage.

I don't think there's 1 ultimate answer to this... but you should look at Archery.  That T9 nuke has a really low cooldown time.  Plus there are no PBAoEs, so the cone and Ranged AoEs can all be used on a center target from a distance without having to move around to line things up mid-fight.   I feel like Assault Rifle might also do some fun stuff, but with such long animations, I've never had a desire to play one.

Also, just throwing another fun option, DP/Martial does very good splash damage, and is just a lot of fun to play.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Honestly I'd suggest a plant dom.  Never felt like I've "dominated" a whole room full of enemies more than when a dozen+ of carrion creepers vines are attacking the whole room at once and decimating things.  You can fairly easily get creepers perma (6 min recharge, 2 min duration base).  Throw in the spamming of roots with its huge 30 foot radius and then your secondary (probably something like savage or earth) to throw more aoe around, then add in probably fire epic pool so you have fireball and rain of fire to throw on top of that.

And you'd definitely have no issue with things running off as you have some of the most powerful immobilizes you can get in the game.

I would go Storm/Arch(or Water) Defender.  Huge AOE potential there.  Slot in a KB/Kd, range and Acc in Gale and spam to keep them knocked down.  

Freezing Rain and Rain of arrows or whirlpool/geyser/steam spray.

Hmmm...Thanks now I have another Alt to create!

49 minutes ago, Tacheyon said:

I would go Storm/Arch(or Water) Defender.  Huge AOE potential there.  Slot in a KB/Kd, range and Acc in Gale and spam to keep them knocked down.  

Freezing Rain and Rain of arrows or whirlpool/geyser/steam spray.

Hmmm...Thanks now I have another Alt to create!

Storm? Lahl!!! 😀 That's the absolute worst Support set in the game because its lot of annoyin' Knockbacks/Repels, which also can't be slotted for KB -> KD (because they're repels).

We generally found something for Splashing. It became Stone Armor/Savage Melee/Mu Mastery Tanker, that uses Teleport to move around & Fold Space. The latter allows it to cluster enemies, so teammates with AY splash power layouts can go to town with splashing them, and which is why it's even more than DPS king. Normal splashes're Rending Flurry, Savage Leap, Ball Lightning, and Banished Pantheon's Support damaging AoE power Enervating Storm in addition to the constant damage from the Mud Pots, which also slows. That' the real candy that is also nearly invulnerable as l managed to bring ALL Resistances (including PSI) to 90% at all times + ALL Typed Defenses (except PSI) to more than 45%.

Edited by Purrfekshawn

On 12/13/2020 at 8:10 AM, Dark Dove said:

That's the examples I gave you, then.  Unless you have some different definition of AoE damage.  Splash and Fluff damage must be lingo from some other game, do they have different definitions than PBAoE, Cone, and Targeted AoE?

Well, Splash term may be complete synonim of AoE, but sometimes it may refer to powers those deal more damage to primary target rather than secondary OR their area effect strength fades as the distance from the epicenter to target increases. That is common in RTS. Example of that may be Electrical Melee Thunder Strike power, which damages the main target more than other targets.

Fluff term may be complete synonim of AoE, but sometimes it may refer to powers, those damage the main targets mostly, but secondaries - only on occasion and its damage to secondary target is not nearly as big as to the primary. Example of that may be Radiation Melee single target powers, which on occasion generate burst of AoE damage when they hit Contaminated targets.

Both Splash and Fluff terms may be considered to be complete synonims of the AoE term. Thus sentence: "Order is: AoE -> Splash -> Fluff" refers to the request to teammates to go to town with attacking all and every target!

Edited by Purrfekshawn

21 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Storm? Lahl!!! 😀 That's the absolute worst Support set in the game because its lot of annoyin' Knockbacks/Repels, which also can't be slotted for KB -> KD (because they're repels).

The only "Repel" power is in Hurricane.  Everything else is either a straight KB (gale, tornado, L Storm) or KD (Freezing rain) and those KB's can be slotted with KB to KD enhancements.  I know because I have quite a few Storm characters from Controllers to MM's

I am glad you found something that suits you.  But please makes sure you have the correct information when counter-arguing a point.

• 2 weeks later
On 12/25/2020 at 9:23 PM, Purrfekshawn said:

That's a funny way of spelling "best". Storm's a beast!

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas