I'm missing something

lokpyrite

All righty, I have a marketeer toon that crafts common IOs and noticed that someone for some reason is selling level 50 end redux IOs for at least 25k less than the crafting cost and I just can't figure out why. Are they trying to run people off from the niche? Good luck I'll just buy at the cheaper price and relist. Do they not realize it? Hell I'm confused and haven't even been drinking much.

Crafted common IOs are an odd duck.  People who are crafting for badges generally will want to sell them for whatever they can get for them right away, which generally will be well below the crafting cost.  People who want one right away and who don't want to bother buying the recipe themselves and crafting will want to buy them for wherever they are offered, which generally will be well above the crafting cost.

So yeah, you can middle it and buy and relist.  But in general, I'd say that it's not a ton of money since I don't think the buying volume is tremendously high.  But I could be wrong, I often am!

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Nah, they almost always sell like that. You need to craft a lot for the badges so people just dump them on the AH.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

This is the answer:

10 hours ago, macskull said:

Nah, they almost always sell like that. You need to craft a lot for the badges so people just dump them on the AH.

The requirements for the crafting badges for the lvl 45 & lvl 50 pieces are quite steep, and in practice no single character would ever benefit from using all of the resulting IOs, so selling them on the AH for 5 inf (and progress towards a badge) is only slightly better than simply deleting them.

It would be awesome if we could combine the crafted common IO to boost them instead of having to use Enhancement Boosters.

15 hours ago, lokpyrite said:

All righty, I have a marketeer toon that crafts common IOs and noticed that someone for some reason is selling level 50 end redux IOs for at least 25k less than the crafting cost and I just can't figure out why. Are they trying to run people off from the niche? Good luck I'll just buy at the cheaper price and relist. Do they not realize it? Hell I'm confused and haven't even been drinking much.

Crafting cost of for the recipe or the crafting cost of having memorized the recipe? If I recall, there is a pretty good discount given to crafting cost once the recipe has been memorized.

2 hours ago, Hardship said:

Crafting cost of for the recipe or the crafting cost of having memorized the recipe? If I recall, there is a pretty good discount given to crafting cost once the recipe has been memorized.

Memorized cost.  And this is no sudden dumping of inventory crafted for the crafting badge - these have been here for months, & must be being replenished regularly.  I happen to know because I have a character who did craft level 50 End Reduction IOs for the crafting badge & listed them for just above memorized crafting cost, & none of them have moved in months.  There is a large enough demand for those IOs that at least some of mine would have sold unless someone is regularly listing a bunch for sale at lower than cost prices.

It might be a badger looking to sell for a marketing badge, but I think they likely hit that long ago.  It might be someone who enjoys listing low & getting lucky with sales well above their list price.  Or it could be someone who just likes to craft & list for cheap in order to create a ready supply of cheap IOs for newer/poorer players. 🤷‍♂️

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

One thing to keep in mind is that IOs are bucketed.  The level does not matter.  Those level 50 IOs you say are underpriced could have been crafted level 10s.  Personally I list IOs when I upgrade an alt for way below market just because the inf is meaningless to me and I want them to sell quickly.  Typically I sell them for 5 inf just to get rid of them.  If they go for way more great.  If someone gets a steal (to use or flip) yay for them.