Want to make a stealth based toon

Bleuz

I know stalker is the easy answer. But want something non defective set. So no armour. Wanna IO to make it stuff..  

I solo alot but love teaming when I can. 

Need a nice balance. This will be the first toon I avoid AE with. Any advice? Dont mind a stalker. But open for anything along as it either has stealth or I pull into it.. have a whole theme I want

You've literally described a stalker.  I'm not sure what you mean by a "non defective set" - stalkers are strong melee all-rounders, being very tough but also very high damage. They can also pick up a few ranged attacks from power pools and epic/patron pools.

5 hours ago, Bleuz said:

have a whole theme I want

It might be easier if you told us what theme was.

5 hours ago, Bleuz said:

This will be the first toon I avoid AE with. Any advice?

It's trivially easy to level without AE. Just hammering through the Atlas Park story arcs will get you to about level 7, doing DFB will take that to about 12. Head to King's Row, do the good arcs there, head to the Hollows, then try Faultline for its excellent missions. A few trials and task forces and you'll be on your way quickly.

Widows have stalker-tier stealth at level 20, if you can wait that long. I think SoAs might, but I can't remember. Illusion controllers get very strong invisibility that persists even in combat.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

One AT I've found, that can make a surprisingly good assassin, is the Blaster.  Take the stealth pool and put range enhancements in your distance attacks.  Once  you get your snipe,  you can really obliterate mobs, one by one, before they even realize they're under attack.

This works better than you might imagine.

A stealth proc in Super Speed will make any AT able to do this.

However, Superior Invisibility is the premiere stealth power in the game. On the other hand, stalkers have the highest cap (with Arachnos a close second).

All of my toons have some form(s) of stealth, it's just a matter of how you go about it.

If you choose to go the blaster route: /Ninja has a nice stealth with surprise attack bonus mechanic, /Devices has a stealth that doesn't supress, also /Martial has burst of speed which (when combined with combat teleport and some macros) provides a unique fighting experience (although you'll probably have to rely on super speed +stealth proc to get the feeling that you are looking for).

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Illusion/Traps controller. Use Superior Invisibility, do NOT use ANY offensive powers. Only summon various pets! May even take some Villain Epic powerset which contains a pet. No enemy is going to notice u. Preferable to have AoE defense on maximum as well.

• Like 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

One thing worth considering is non-suppressing stealth.  Most stealth powers will suppress when you use an attack, meaning that you're fully visible.  However a few do not.  Off the top of my head there's the stealth powers in Dark Miasma, Storm Summoning, and Cold Domination for support sets.  For melee armor sets there's Dark Armor and Energy Aura.  As Gulbasaur mentioned, it would be easier to know which way to go here if you shared your theme.

One of my favorite combos is a snipe along with non-suppressing stealth.  I can snipe a mob and I'm still stealthed, so no other nearby groups can see me.  I especially enjoy pitting opposing factions against each other.  When there are hostile groups in an area, I can snipe a mob from one group and retreat behind the other group, but they can't see me, so then they end up fighting and I can hang out on the outside and pick them off.  Probably not everyone's idea of a good time, but I enjoy it.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, carroto said:

One thing worth considering is non-suppressing stealth.  Most stealth powers will suppress when you use an attack, meaning that you're fully visible.  However a few do not.  Off the top of my head there's the stealth powers in Dark Miasma, Storm Summoning, and Cold Domination for support sets.  For melee armor sets there's Dark Armor and Energy Aura.  As Gulbasaur mentioned, it would be easier to know which way to go here if you shared your theme.

One of my favorite combos is a snipe along with non-suppressing stealth.  I can snipe a mob and I'm still stealthed, so no other nearby groups can see me.  I especially enjoy pitting opposing factions against each other.  When there are hostile groups in an area, I can snipe a mob from one group and retreat behind the other group, but they can't see me, so then they end up fighting and I can hang out on the outside and pick them off.  Probably not everyone's idea of a good time, but I enjoy it.

Have you ever tried Confuse? It is a similar type of fun, but you have more control over it.

Superior Invisibility stealth does not suppress (although the defense partially suppresses and the threat reduction also suppresses).

Edited by Zepp

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

6 hours ago, Zepp said:

Have you ever tried Confuse? It is a similar type of fun, but you have more control over it.

Yes of course.  It is one of the most interesting, powerful, and fun mechanics in the game.  There are precious few sets which include a version which can be controlled with precision and applied without notifying mobs.  Unfortunately most of them do not appeal to me.  Dark Control is a great set though, and the confuse is one of the reasons why.

• Like 1