Don't understand Luck of the Gambler

Rinwen

Hello, folks,

So, I've been dinking around on the test server, (which as an aside has helped me tremendously by taking various build/concepts to insta-Lv 50, running a  few normal, not farm, AE missions, and just seeing if I find them to be enjoyable and worth pursuing or not... I've found some to not play out as fun in actual gameplay as in my head, and some I wasn't sure of, that turned out to be more enjoyable than I had expected), and I just don't understand LotG.

I've put 5x recharge ones into Def powers, (always being sure to use the Global one and I understand the Law of 5).   I've put 4 or 5, all in one power, spread out over multiple powers, and everything in between. 

When I then check the recharge times on attacks there is NO change.  WTFudge?

Under Combat Attributes I see Global recharge of 7.5%, but as mentioned, unlike when putting a recharge enhancement into an attack power... which does reflect the new recharge time... the times don't change in the detailed info of the attack.

Even the Global one by itself shows no change to attack recharge times.

Also, I thought the recharge was "perma," and that the power, i.e. Hover, didn't have to be turned on?  I've put some into "auto" Def powers, such as Tough Hide, but those aren't being reflected in either Combat Attributes or detailed info on the attack itself. 

What am I missing?

Thank you for your time and help. 

I don't think you're missing anything.

The recharge shown in the enhancement management screen doesn't account for anything except the enhancements.  It's the same for the pop-up when you hover over the power and for when you click show details. 

For example, I just checked on one of my toons with perma-hasten and it says hasten recharges in 3m49s.  But it actually recharges in just under 2 minutes.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

The numbers on the power pop ups are only the numbers from the IO's themselves. Global recharges, like set bonuses and the LOTG IO will not show in the popups when you hover over powers. However, recharge boosts from Incarnates will because those directly affect the enhancements, not the global recharge. So your enhances will lower the recharge of the power,  than the global is applied on top of hat, viewed only in combat attributes. If you right click the power and check the recharge time it should show an accurate time count based on the current recharge reduction, i.e. global recharge, power enhancement and things like hasten.

5 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Bring up Global Recharge in your Combat Attributes and watch it change as you slot more LotG: Global Recharge/Defense IOs.

That's where it's shown, not in individual power statistics.

I only show 7.5% Global recharge whether I only have the Global LotG, or that and other LotGs.

If I slot just the Global one I show 7.5%... if I slot 5x other than the one that specifically says "Global," but not that specific one, Combat Attributes doesn't show any recharge. 

The power timer that I have set to count down each power,  on Footstomp for example, starts counting down from 13 seconds... the detailed info shows 14 seconds... so there's no additional recharge happening. 

Maybe these are bugged on test?

If the combat attributes window is only showing 7.5%, then you only have one global recharge slotted. If you had 5 of them slotted, it would show 37.5% instead. That means 5 of the LotG global recharge enhancement, slotted in 5 different defense powers. 

Note that 7.5% global recharge isn’t that noticeable by itself. It’ll drop a power with 14sec recharge to 13secs. 

The big win for global recharge is when you get lots of it. Like 100+%. Or for powers that can’t be slotted for recharge. Or have really long recharge times. And it means you don’t need to spend enhancement slots on actual recharge enhancements. 

A really good attack power with a 2min recharge won’t generally be up enough to use in your regular rotation. But get enough global recharge to bring it down to 1min (or less!) and it’ll be up for every spawn. Makes a huge difference in effectiveness. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ZekeStenzland said:

If the combat attributes window is only showing 7.5%, then you only have one global recharge slotted. If you had 5 of them slotted, it would show 37.5% instead. That means 5 of the LotG global recharge enhancement, slotted in 5 different defense powers. 

Note that 7.5% global recharge isn’t that noticeable by itself. It’ll drop a power with 14sec recharge to 13secs. 

The big win for global recharge is when you get lots of it. Like 100+%. Or for powers that can’t be slotted for recharge. Or have really long recharge times. And it means you don’t need to spend enhancement slots on actual recharge enhancements. 

A really good attack power with a 2min recharge won’t generally be up enough to use in your regular rotation. But get enough global recharge to bring it down to 1min (or less!) and it’ll be up for every spawn. Makes a huge difference in effectiveness. 

Ohhhhh... for some reason, (I'm stupid?), I thought that I could only have one of the LotG that specifically says "Global."

Ok, time to putter around a bit more.

Thank you all very much. 

Edited by Rinwen

Just as an example, I have 4 LotG global recharge slotted in 4 different defense powers in this build:

recchrg.jpg.9b3f192ebfd12ebb2415bd85430324c7.jpg

As a side note, the rule of 5 counts LotG as a separate 7.50.%  So I could have put 5 in this build and still got the 7.50% you see from a IO set ( 3rd down on list) but I run out of defense powers 🙂

• Like 1

The “global” in this case is to differentiate it from regular recharge enhancements, which only apply to the power it’s slotted in. 

There are enhancements you can only have one of, but I believe they all (or most of them, not sure about ATOs) are tagged with “unique” in the description. 

4 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Just as an example, I have 4 LotG global recharge slotted in 4 different defense powers in this build:

recchrg.jpg.9b3f192ebfd12ebb2415bd85430324c7.jpg

As a side note, the rule of 5 counts LotG as a separate 7.50.%  So I could have put 5 in this build and still got the 7.50% you see from a IO set ( 3rd down on list) but I run out of defense powers 🙂

And to be clear that Rule of Five applies to the name of the bonus not the actual numeric value.  My Empathy builds often try to employ 5 LotG and 5 Panacea both of which are 7.5%.

• Like 1

One way to see the actual recharge time of your powers is to go under the windows tab in the options menu. Scroll down to near the bottom and there is a beta section. There you can choose to display recharge time son the power icon itself. 

Then activate a power and you will see the countdown timer start indicated it’s actual recharge. This timer will update in real time if you get various buffs that change your global recharge (hasten, speed boost, chrono shift, etc). 

Edited by Saikochoro

4 hours ago, Rinwen said:

Thank you all for clearing this up for me. 

I now have 5x Global Recharge LotG slotted throughout 5 powers, and I'm seeing the 37.5% recharge.

This is more or less the entire appeal of concealment in PvE nowadays 🙂