What origin are the Coralax?

DirtyDoritos007

According to the old CoH website, they're a species of animated coral created by Merulina, an ancient goddess from space. So I guess it depends on how you want to define divinity in CoH, along with other supposed gods like Tielekku, Zeus, and the Banished Pantheon, which appear to gain power through belief. Or if you want to call Merulina an alien.

If you have to fit it into the five game origins, personally I'd go with Natural, as there's nothing to show that the method Merulina used to create them was not innate to her being. The powers the Coralax themselves exhibit don't seem to require any outside influence at this point so I'd say their powers are also Natural.

Edited by Aberrant

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

We were just having a discussion about the different types of magic and how to define it within the game's narrative over in the Roleplay board:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/24999-discussion-kinds-of-magical-characters/

As divinely-created magic rocks are the source of the Coralax, I'mma say Magic.

Kinda like Cthulhuian Deep Ones, but prettier.

• Like 1

It's all technology, since they exist in a video game. *nods*

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Clarke's 3rd law.

Science would seem appropriate for first gen Coralax, ones in game I would probably consider natural.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation