City of Data v2.0

Nice! Also, you did break things, sorry. I was coming here to report it, and turns out it's visible in your screenshot just now. Durations aren't showing correctly at all. Basically everything with a non-instant duration is showing as 'for s'.

Edited by BillyMailman

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

• 2 weeks later

Apologies if anyone hitting the site around mid-day today got broken pages. I added some increased site security settings that I had to then loosen since they initially broke a bunch of the site's functionality. Oops.

Tag me if you see any new breakage, as it's possible I overlooked something.

I'll likely clean up some of the things that broke today so that more strict rules can be (re)applied in the future, but that probably won't happen until I take the to revamp the site more thoroughly. I'm not talking about changes to how the site works for end users. This is more implementation-only stuff, like what version of Vue.js is used to render the dynamic content.

Suggested improvements or new features I haven't gotten to yet will still be a thing, of course. :classic_smile:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

The help pages appear to be broken (on Chrome? haven't tested other browsers).

43713365_ScreenShot2022-05-02at5_40_31PM.thumb.png.b8c394cd6ab5f9ea1a846b75bcb6a318.png

Inspecting shows this error:

Refused to frame 'https://cod.uberguy.net/html/help/overview.html' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "default-src 'none'". Note that 'frame-src' was not explicitly set, so 'default-src' is used as a fallback.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, AlishaShatogi said:

The help pages appear to be broken (on Chrome? haven't tested other browsers).

Bah. I noticed that before and thought I had fixed it... Clearly not.

I believe it's fixed now. It loads for me currently in Chrome. I did have to force refresh my browser, but that was immediately after I made changes to the CDN configuration, so hopefully 10 minutes after I did that, everyone should see it no matter what.

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

So quick life update - I got married! This has been in the pipeline for a good year and a half, but we planned basically the whole thing ourselves so my free time the last couple of months has been spent getting everything ready for that. The dual good news is that it all went amazingly awesomely, and now I should have more time again for CoH and CoD.

My first order of business will be to get the latest Beta and Live builds out. That should happen tomorrow. Then I plan to get back into working some features I've wanted to work on forever, updating the site help, and publishing the JSON data maps (not necessarily in that order).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Congratulations, Uber!

...of course, this is me, so I saw that because I was coming here with a bug report anyway. All versions of Twilight Grasp are failing to show what the Execute Power bit is executing, which they used to do at some point in the past. Poking around, it looks like it's every Execute Power, Fulcrum Shift is also failing to display properly.

image.png.1c1283fcc8111176f87207496ff002ab.png

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

10 hours ago, BillyMailman said:

...of course, this is me, so I saw that because I was coming here with a bug report anyway. All versions of Twilight Grasp are failing to show what the Execute Power bit is executing, which they used to do at some point in the past. Poking around, it looks like it's every Execute Power, Fulcrum Shift is also failing to display properly.

Hopefully that won't be too hard to find the source of. Off the top of my head, that sounds like something I may have broken when I last touched the attribmod parsing back in April. Thanks as always for the report!

Edit: Hrm, nope, the logic is good, what's different is the data.

"params": {
  "type": null,
  "count": 1,
  "category_names": [],
  "powerset_names": [],
  "power_names": [
    "Redirects.Dark_Miasma.Twilight"
  ]
},

That "type" field should be "Power". I will have to go digging into the parser to figure out what's going on there. I have an idea where the issue is.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Found it. I had upgraded a software library in the Python side of the extracter/parser which had a breaking API change. If you wanted to set a default value for a missing field, you used to set it using a parameter named "missing". The new version changed the parameter name to "load_default".

I thought I had changed this parameter everywhere, but I overlooked that I use it a couple of different ways, which meant my search/replace didn't catch all of them. Apparently sending the old parameter name was not an error.

Without the right default behavior, missing fields defaulted to Python None / JSON null. Nothing that checked the "param.type" value to trigger special display behavior would match, well, ever. This broke display on nearly 8,000 powers that use "params" to identify powers executed, granted, given to pets, etc.

The fix has been uploaded and should be visible within 10 minutes of this post going up.

image.png.2bfc1787795946eb4bee08fe82126947.png

Edited by UberGuy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

It's there now.  :classic_smile: It didn't take all this time, but it did take a bit just to figure out what actually uses the new stuff on Alpha to validate my changes worked.

As is often the case, I spent more time coming up with a new icon than I did coding.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later
On 7/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, BillyMailman said:

Live data, none of the activation icons are showing for me.

Hard refreshed and cache-busted everything.

Notably, they're showing on the alpha data.

Sorry that I haven't looked into this in a while.

I'm betting that changes to support Alpha changes busted something for Live. I'll look into fixing it, as I've no idea how close Page 4 is to go-live. (If it was imminent, I might let this slide.) Edit: Yep, I added code to display new fields that only exist yet for Alpha and their absence is blowing up the icon rendering for Live.

That "Undefined data" message you're seeing for Repulsion Field means the data is literally missing, not just null. This might be another case of an Alpha change breaking something, or it could be something else (this may have been broken before...). That it is so limited is interesting, but at least I have one very specific place to look! Edit: This is a problem with this power. It is using the scaling table "Ones". There is no such table defined. There is only "melee_ones" and "ranged_ones". This issue is also present in singy's Gravitational Pull power.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Thumbs Up 2

It took some digging, but I now know that if a power has a bogus table name like that, the result is the same as looking up melee_ones or ranged_ones - that's to say the value is always 1.0 at all levels for all ATs.

I'll make a similar update to the logic in CoD - I never knew before what would happen in such a case, so I just bailed out. In this case, it happens to do what is almost certainly wanted in this case. (Asking for a table called "Ones" surely meant the value to be one at every level.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Site code has been updated to both (hopefully) address the above problems and to add support for new things found in the Alpha site data.

There was an Alpha patch today, so I'm currently regenerating its data. I'm heading to bed soon, so the data push will probably happen in the morning.

Edit: Nah, I lied. The missus stayed up later than planned so everything finished building and uploading. :classic_laugh:

Edited by UberGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The "Raw Data" download archives now should offer to be downloaded with a filename based on the revision of data you're looking at. So instead of (for example) raw_data_cryptic.zip, you should be offered (currently) raw_data_cryptic-20220727_5016.zip.

The CoD site does not hold archives from old revisions, and the underlying filenames on the site are still always just raw_data_homecoming.zip or raw_data_cryptic.zip - only the filename presented when saving it should now change intelligently. This behavior relies on features of modern browsers to handle a couple of different ways to set the desired filename on download. In the CoD site code, the download attribute of the HTML anchor tag is used, and also the content-disposition response header set by the server when responding to a request for the file.

If you are for some reason retrieving the file programmatically outside of a browser, use the content-disposition response header to set the filename locally. Some HTTP libraries are smart enough to do this for you, but if yours is not, it should let you inspect that header to see what the revision-specific filename should be.

Edit: Because I have not regenerated Live (Homecoming) site data and likely won't until Page 4 goes live, the homecoming archive doesn't have the content-disposition header. It will pick it up the next time I regenerate it.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1