City of Data v2.0

A couple more small updates and fixes.

• Not all attribmod types showed when they activated with delays or "over-time"/DoT-like behavior. This has been fixed. In particular, this hid the fact that the prestige rezzes have a small delay before the untouchable effect kicks in, which is how the site's lack of showing it was found.
  • A string-to-integer (lack of) conversion bug, affecting the AT modifiers page, was discovered and fixed. (I am guessing almost no one hit this, because it would totally break the page.)
  • The "Class Name" field on entity pages is now a link to the AT modifiers page for that AT.
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

Are you talking about this power? https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=romans.centurion.energized_shield&at=boss_grunt

City of Data is updated as the game itself is updated, so it should never be more than a few hours behind the live servers.  If it is, try refreshing or removing cookies and then refreshing.  It might have some old data "stuck".

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I'm talking about that power. It's now been renamed, which should at least show up in its display name, if not the URL. And it's been given to a bunch of the Cimerorans, none of whom had it in the prior patch. But the Entity Data section doesn't have it on any of them. Just the old Phalanx Fighting power that most of them had, which is a fixed flat amount of defense.

No amount of refreshing fixes any of this, so it definitely looks like CoD has gotten out of date.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

As an update, having just checked on a completely new browser to the site, the main data still shows no Roman Armor on any of them, but does show it if I flip to the Alpha Data. So yeah, definitely not syncing the live CoD data from the live game data.

50 minutes ago, BillyMailman said:

As an update, having just checked on a completely new browser to the site, the main data still shows no Roman Armor on any of them, but does show it if I flip to the Alpha Data. So yeah, definitely not syncing the live CoD data from the live game data.

You could look it up under the old name on Live. Look up energized shield for romans and phalanx fighting for romans. But yes, cryptic also has the data.

Keep in mind, the website does not update automatically. It is manually done by UberGuy. So if he's away, it won't update until he gets the time.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

Keep in mind, the website does not update automatically. It is manually done by UberGuy. So if he's away, it won't update until he gets the time.

If only there was a way to have the client automatically update its own data from the CoH install directory... 😉

I'm out.

• 2 weeks later
On 9/9/2021 at 9:37 PM, The Philotic Knight said:

If only there was a way to have the client automatically update its own data from the CoH install directory... 😉

If only the code could update itself every time the data structures and enums changed, that would be awesome too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:18 PM, UberGuy said:

If only the code could update itself every time the data structures and enums changed, that would be awesome too.

Oh sure, today CoD is updating its enums... tomorrow it's launching the missiles and creating killer robots!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

I found some oddities in a couple of power's resistance.

Body Armor which is an automatic power has two resist values listed:

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=epic.munitions_mastery.body_armor&at=blaster

Fighting pool: Tough also has two resistance values:

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=pool.fighting.tough&at=blaster

I checked in game and Tough is gave the expected s/l only resistance. I don't have a character with Body Armor to test.

Just mentioning it. Not a serious issue.

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I found some oddities in a couple of power's resistance.

Body Armor which is an automatic power has two resist values listed:

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=epic.munitions_mastery.body_armor&at=blaster

Fighting pool: Tough also has two resistance values:

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=pool.fighting.tough&at=blaster

I checked in game and Tough is gave the expected s/l only resistance. I don't have a character with Body Armor to test.

Just mentioning it. Not a serious issue.

You're seeing a PvE only effect (S/L resistance) and a PvP only effect (resist all)

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just a heads up - I am alive and am working on updating the site. Real life has just been very busy. Testers will have noted that I haven't been able to update the site for a while now. Things are calming down a bit, and somewhat oddly the holiday season should mean I have more time again, especially leading up to year end.

I may not have the site ready to pick up the release of Page 3 the day it goes live, but it should not be more than a day or two late, I am hoping. There are some data structure changes I am working through to make the parser compatible with the latest test server builds, and then I can generate data for them (and for Live).

• Like 2

Super happy to have you back, Uber! Was getting worried you weren't around at all any more. Hope everything's going well.

FYI, while you were absent, we had an in-depth dev diary about knock effects, which you may have to read up and start parsing the parameters for at some point, since it sounds like we're going to be seeing more and more powers that are 'knockback' (mag above .75), but push down, so it'll be useful to have CoD display that somewhere at some point (besides the raw JSON thing, which does work already)

Edited by BillyMailman

I'm still plugging along. This critter change stuff is taking a little longer than I thought it would. It's not hard, just a bit time consuming.

Eventually, I need to rework the "entity" pages. The reason is that there are now a bunch of the data entries for critters that can be swapped out based on condition tests. This is surely what's made a lot of the new cool tricks we see in the ASF possible. Because of this new data layout, I am having to rework not only how the data is parsed, but then how it's handled from there (Remember, I usually massage all this data at least a bit because CoD doesn't need all of it in its raw glory.) That then also means I have to update the web pages that display that data.

To save time, I'm working on just updating the pages to display the critter's default attributes (which is all most critters have). I'll add the ability to display conditional configs (where they exist) later.

I considered just punting on the critter data changes to get the updated powers data out, but that would have been more work, I think, than just updating the critter data handling. The reason is that my data extract / deploy automation assumes I'll always perform a full data rebuild, not a merge of new and old data. Changing that was going to be enough work (and risk of screwing something up) that just cranking this critter stuff out looks to make the most sense.

1 hour ago, BillyMailman said:

FYI, while you were absent, we had an in-depth dev diary about knock effects, which you may have to read up and start parsing the parameters for at some point, since it sounds like we're going to be seeing more and more powers that are 'knockback' (mag above .75), but push down, so it'll be useful to have CoD display that somewhere at some point (besides the raw JSON thing, which does work already)

Yep, CoD's back-end does already handle the knock data, so I just have to figure out a way to display it on the web pages. A brute force approach of displaying the vector components and its anchor type is probably the simplest start. There's some vector stuff in the ASF, so I'll add that in ASAP once I get the core extract and display updates wrapped.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, damn. I was expecting it to be purely done by making the powers on the NPCs all just require some other power, like how pools work for players, and CoD would be able to just display 'em all by default, and the added ones you'd have to look at to find out they were optional. That or a granter-power system like what, say, the final version of Maelstrom uses on the TPN to manage all his complexity between the phases. Well, at least having the default list on the entity, and the extra powers at least being findable in the powersets, should be enough that I can start really pulling apart how stuff works. Especially the bit for the Unfriendly Fire badge, since that didn't grant the first time and we just thought the explosion's damage was debuffed, but then now I'm certain they 'cheat' the friendly fire aspect, so I wanna know exactly what's happening.

Also, I am looking forward to the info on, like, every single bonus boss in there, because holy crap the entire optional section of the DASF is amazing and has several bits I'm curious to see the inner workings of. 😄

On 11/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, UberGuy said:

Just a heads up - I am alive and am working on updating the site. Real life has just been very busy. Testers will have noted that I haven't been able to update the site for a while now. Things are calming down a bit, and somewhat oddly the holiday season should mean I have more time again, especially leading up to year end.

I may not have the site ready to pick up the release of Page 3 the day it goes live, but it should not be more than a day or two late, I am hoping. There are some data structure changes I am working through to make the parser compatible with the latest test server builds, and then I can generate data for them (and for Live).

No worries from me, my Seismic/Earth is already done using the data as is (good enough). 

So I guess you can start on Stalker /Stone Armor first then 😉

OK, I got all the new data making it out of  the bins and into (updated) Python classes. The CoD data export logic then blew up on some of the new boostsets, since it tries to sanity check the scales and had no idea what to do with the new combined Threat Duration boosts. (It was all like "yo, why are these dual enhancements boosting both aspects so much!" - logic I added to help audit sets back in the spring.) It was easy to educate it about these boost types and once I got past that, all the data exported fine .

Tomorrow I will work on updating the website code. I need to update the "entity" pages as described above. Having it read the default "condition" structure instead of reading those fields out of the base villaindef will be easy. I probably also have to update a bit of code/config around boosts to make sure the renaming of "Taunt" to "Threat Duration" doesn't break anything. It's almost certain to break the default (non-set) boost icons unless I handle it, since those come from a manually-managed lookup table.

Right now, I expect to be able to easily finish the core functionality updates tomorrow evening.

I'll start on the fancier updates around displaying conditional villain info and knock vectors this weekend. There are also a couple of small fixes that have been languishing for months that I will get out in the next few days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It only took about 10 minutes on my lunch break to get the basic critter data display mostly working. I still need to deal with the fact that the way valid critter levels were defined changed (it got a lot simpler). Right now this level range display for new critters is the only thing that's just plain broken. I do expect to have it working later tonight.

I think there's a nice way I can handle displaying the conditional info, and it shouldn't be very hard to implement, so expect to see that this weekend.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Thumbs Up 6