Silence here makes me understandably nervous

Troo

On 3/9/2021 at 2:35 AM, Sovera said:

KM seems lovely, but trying to do damage with a T1, T2 and T3 seems doomed. Those are fillers, not damage skills.

For clarity, those fillers and Gloom (no procs) just burned down Vandal in the Citadel Taskforce while testing this past week. Even a whiffle bat can hurt someone if you land the right hit.😁

(Hopefully, this post doesn’t reset the “Buff Kinetic Melee” clock.)

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Just now, Myrmidon said:

For clarity, those fillers and Gloom (no procs) just burned down Vandal in the Citadel Taskforce while testing this past week. Even a whiffle bat can hurt someone if you land the right hit.😁

Anything burns down Vandal. I did it on my Fire/Elec Tanker who has terribilus ST damage. Despite what I said above KM is not that bad all. A super heavily procced Fire/KM, and no Gloom, with only one -res proc gave me 3:30 pylon times compared to my Fire/MA baby who got 3 minutes with two -res procs (four without). So with Gloom on top of it the numbers should be close to the best under EM.

I need my Focused Accuracy to ignore -tohit debuffing though.

6 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

poor km, it's powers are just fillers while epic pool powers recharge..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later

I have not tried all of the new movement powers as of yet but as far as teleport is concerned I LOVE IT! The new, longer hover time make porting around viable and breaking the float with a tap on a movement key is great. My MM team teleports in with his whole mob and it's great!

• Like 1

The majority of the coming changes are most excellent.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

24 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

But a mishandled bad change can sour an entire update. 😞

History and experience shows that while changes may seem heavy handed at the time, they are often for the best overall.

Feedback for devs is important and should be shared. Criticism is where we need to tread lightly.

For some perspective:

I play Energy Melee/Regeneration as my main since waay back.

Nerfs are not unfamiliar. Changes are no stranger. Have gone from the strongest to middling. Sometimes the actual reasons were not forth coming (exploits of game mechanics are often not discussed). Sometimes, something I was doing was the cause for a correction. Bottom line: People speak up because they care & we are lucky to be able to play publicly.

This is how it goes. -Troo (April 2021)

Edited by Troo