SR master brawler vs practiced brawler

tellania

Looking to build a new sentinel, and playing with mid's, I noticed there is a 'master brawler'  and 'practiced brawler', which appear to be mutually exclusive.

I'm aware practice brawler provides status protection, and it appears master brawler provides an absorb shield (plus +special, which I dont know what it is).

Wonder what those who took each think of it.  Seems painful to forgo the status protection for an +absorb shield, or do I understand it wrong.

Master Brawler wins in my book and I wish it would get ported to all the other SR users. You're not actually forgoing mez protection if you take it. The protection gets moved to your first two toggles instead. The only benefit to PB at this point is that you can click it while mezzed as a breakfree but as long as your toggles are up if you take MB, getting mezzed in the first place becomes a non-issue.

• Like 1

Practiced Brawler: Clicky power and, I believe, stackable with enough recharge, but you have to actively maintain it. 

Master Brawler: Same mezz protection (minus the potential stacking) with it simply being ported over to your existing toggles, meaning you no longer have to maintain it. You also get a clickable absorb shield. 

It's a no-brainer really. As @Bill Z Bubbasaid, Master Brawler is the version all SR sets should have really.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Take master, don't look back.

Seriously, take master. Don't even debate it.

already sold.   I have an SR scrapper, but playing wiht builds in Mid's, I was worried about the lack of status protection (which I understand is put into the other armors). 

47 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Oh poo! 

It's one more toggle I have to toggle back on after my Elude crashes.

🤪

Okay so maybe I should skip Elude and learn to love this Master Brawler power.

Go! Make Sentinels, Kill Skullz!

Master Brawler isn't a toggle.  Master Brawler shifts all of the mez protection that you would have gotten out of Practiced Brawler into the toggles you'd use anyway.  Then, as a completely separate effect, Master Brawler has a hit point absorb barrier that it creates as a click effect.  

So if you use Elude and your toggles drop, you don't even have to click Master Brawler.  You just turn your toggles back on as you would have done anyway.  

On 2/27/2021 at 11:46 AM, oldskool said:

Master Brawler isn't a toggle.  Master Brawler shifts all of the mez protection that you would have gotten out of Practiced Brawler into the toggles you'd use anyway.  Then, as a completely separate effect, Master Brawler has a hit point absorb barrier that it creates as a click effect.  

So if you use Elude and your toggles drop, you don't even have to click Master Brawler.  You just turn your toggles back on as you would have done anyway.  

Plus you get a nice little absorb shield to hopefully not die that can be clicked while they toggle them back on (not really sure, since I never take elude.. like.. ever). Really, really, really wish MB would get ported to all SR sets - my tanker, stalker, scrapper, etc. would greatly benefit from this QoL benefit.

I'd say Shield too should get the treatment if they can up the DDR on the set, so that double stacking from the click isn't necessary. Not SR levels, but at least the same as Invulnerability or maybe a tad bit higher since the set lacks a heal like SR. Maybe around halfway between that and SR levels would work, since I think that's around 66% right now after the double-click? Plus, an extra absorb would be great too for both SD and SR - my tankers would love it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 2/17/2021 at 11:46 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Master Brawler wins in my book and I wish it would get ported to all the other SR users. You're not actually forgoing mez protection if you take it. The protection gets moved to your first two toggles instead. The only benefit to PB at this point is that you can click it while mezzed as a breakfree but as long as your toggles are up if you take MB, getting mezzed in the first place becomes a non-issue.

Yep

Outside of some crazy fringe autohit stuff, noone is ever going to stack mezzes like that to overwhelm a /SR

EA has toggle mezz protection, and its zero issue.