CoH when you've been playing other games for too long.

Aeroprism

Anecdotal, pointless but slightly funny: In a mission with my lowbie Dual Blade scrapper and, being her helpless unenhanced little self, she's doing crap damage.

The only thing that came to mind was "I wonder where I can buy better swords."

Yeah... not that kind of game 😉

Anyone else with similar pointless anecdotes?

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Anecdotal, pointless but slightly funny: In a mission with my lowbie Dual Blade scrapper and, being her helpless unenhanced little self, she's doing crap damage.

The only thing that came to mind was "I wonder where I can buy better swords."

Yeah... not that kind of game 😉

Anyone else with similar pointless anecdotes?

Not exactly one, but I made my most recent kat/nin scrapper inspired by Orochi from For Honor, so I like to imagine his version of Golden Dragonfly is doing a sick deflect counter.

• Like 2

Slightly off-center, and not a recent occurrence, but back when Gurren Lagan first aired, I waited for it to finish and then watched the whole thing straight through. I was so absolutely hyped off of how badass it was that I immediately said "I've got to log on to City of Heroes and make a Drill Scrapper!" it took me until I was logged in and looking at the power list to remember that there was no such thing as Drill Melee. That show was so awesome it just put it in my head that drills as a weapon are just that commonplace and that of course there was one in COH. I still chuckle about that to this day.

2 hours ago, JKPhage said:

Slightly off-center, and not a recent occurrence, but back when Gurren Lagan first aired, I waited for it to finish and then watched the whole thing straight through. I was so absolutely hyped off of how badass it was that I immediately said "I've got to log on to City of Heroes and make a Drill Scrapper!" it took me until I was logged in and looking at the power list to remember that there was no such thing as Drill Melee. That show was so awesome it just put it in my head that drills as a weapon are just that commonplace and that of course there was one in COH. I still chuckle about that to this day.

Never seen the show, but was at a anime convention back in 2008 and went to the panel for it because Steve Blum was there.   There was a hysterical blooper reel shown, someone taped it and it used to be on YT.  You clearly hear me reacting to one of the bloopers.

I know when the game first came out, I would always try to stand behind the enemy opposite the tank so I could use backstab (rogue in EverQuest).   Now, occasionally when fighting large enemies, I find myself trying to position in one of the "safe" angles and ready to matador away (Monster Hunter World).

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

In WoW, I had one of my mouse side buttons bound to "auto run", but in CoH that same button toggles my travel powers on and off. More than once I've accidentally turned off my flight in mid-air when I meant to activate auto run.

In the opposite direction, after Live shut down and I went back to WoW, I kept finding myself standing in front of portals, clicking on them and wondering why the instance wasn't starting, and then remembering that I just needed to walk through them. In CoH I also grew accustomed to the fact that even my level 1 characters could make a standing leap over a 10-foot fence or wall, so when I went back to WoW I was constantly frustrated when, even on a mount, I couldn't jump over a waist-high obstacle.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later

I played Morrowind... a lot, explored every inch of that island, entered every cave/cabin/farm house/ruin... It took me a few weeks of playing CoH to break the habit of avoiding puddles in caves so enemies wouldn't hear my approach.

• Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.